Petition to ban Polish Youth

My experience with sock puppets came from my MMORPG days…

You’d have to 1 dude playing 5 different characters on the same screen with 6 different screens at once (30 different characters)

To sound like a female dark elf, they’d always say shit like, “teehee”. 99% of the population was male, so sock puppets were at 50%.

I’ve never done that shit on the internet.

What annoys a poster more: the troll or the sock-puppet?

Trolls and sock-puppets are functions of a strategy.

This petition is to ban someone who is considered a troll, isn’t it?

Good day.

What’s the most necessary relation between troll and suckpuppet , for can a poster be indicative of both?

Im sure there are hybreds, and by consequence, would they not be the most xxxxx ( expletive) .?

A sock puppet is just an alternative account from what I am led to believe.

A troll could use an alternative account.

Oh yeah, they can be both. What defines a sock puppet is talking to yourself on a different account and trying to hide it

Trolls are just agitating people to gain attention, or just to be sadistic.

They are different concepts and they can be used together.

The worst is obviously a sock puppet troll, the worst of both worlds.

My trying to go back to a board under a different username because of a decade long ban is neither sock puppet or troll. I wasn’t role playing myself, I just posted about what I learned over 10 years… people knew it was me. Unfortunately, I was an idiot 10 years ago, so I got permabanned again…

But I did find it funny that they called me a sock puppet for a permaban. Sock puppets need more than one account at the same time. Obviously, my other account was banned, so it was impossible for me to legally be banned by the terminology.

They just didn’t like me. Hell, back then, I didn’t even like me. I don’t blame them a bit. My biggest sin in life has been ignorance, and ignorance is not a sin. I do wish I had wiser interlocutors back then to teach me easily what I had to learn the hard way.

But wishes don’t always make it so. I had to learn stuff for the entire species, there was nobody on earth to teach me. And I’ll tell you: it sucked.

Yes, of course, but then he/she “works” in two ways : as a troll and as a sockpuppet.

A sockpuppet can be or become a troll, but then he/she “works” in two ways : as a sockpuppet and as a troll.

That’s funny, isn’t it. :slight_smile:

Again:

:laughing:

If I had another account, I could troll myself

…ignore everybody else?..

:laughing:

People do actually do that!!! As they say about the world, “it takes all kinds”

Yes. :laughing:

That’s a funny idea, isn’t it?

Basically, a troll is very self-centered, downright self-absorbed. A “professional” troll does not tolerate anyone else next to him/her. This does not necessarily mean that a troll ignores everyone - because a troll needs the others, after all -, but that a troll uses everyone to elevate him-/herself, which seems to the others, however, with much justification like ignoring.

to troll: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. nothing new, internet pranking. I never trolled in my life but I imagine it would be fun.

Why have you been banned from KTS?

Just for fun?

Ierrellus summed it up quite well:

I remember those days, like it was yesterday… Lev, following Ierr’s every post and move, around.

That was crazy, really. Stalking, trolling, throwing ad hominems against Ierrellus without end.

…and now Ierrellus has Iambiguous to do that to him… though Ierr has told him to do one, and Iam… obliged.

If only all matters could be rectified in such a manner as that. :smiley:

Yes, let’s give him a permanent IP ban: 8 votes 42%
Yes, let’s give him a permanent account ban: 0 votes
Yes, let’s give him a 3-month account ban: 0 votes
No, don’t ban him, I like him (said noone ever): 11 votes 58%
Total votes : 19

First… where did all these 19 people come from? :-k wow!
Second… it’s now only 8 to 11 against a ban.

What was your vote? If I tell you you look 17 and are very beautiful will you vote no?

Well no, sorry… was too early in the morning for me #-o No, don’t ban him, I like him (said noone ever): 11 votes 58% - that’s also against him lol… I guess the humour was lost on me, and the blood-flow to my brain equally lost. :laughing:

So that’s 8 + 11 for a ban.

Most people are against banning him, the question is why?

What do you gain by having him around?

Jesus you asperg kooks are creepy as fuck.