Philosophy For Us Dummies

thinking about life

how are you coming

It’s slow. Lonely like most frontiers.

Naturalistic philosophy has already begun, to some extent.

There’s a distance between humans and animals, can we metaphorically put it in terms of miles?

Stuart,

That would be depend on the human and the animal. If we’re using consciousness as a measuring stick, one might metaphorically :laughing: simply put it in inches or less.

At what point did us humans become fully evolved humans, insofar as looking human I mean. We will never ever bcome fully evolved.

Philosophy is waiting for a reply and debating that reply without maliciousness or Ill intent but with a yearning to understand more.

A while back I replied to posts with replies that I liked the sound of but that were contradictory to what I’d said prior to the contradictory reply, and I thought I’d get replies hi-lighting the contradiction but instead I got abuse and aggression, so I learned that people just ain’t nice even if we expect they should be due to our mutuality.

I didn’t bother correct the misunderstanding…

of course that is what the dummies are waiting for…discussion/debate/reply without attack on persons…
emotional maturity is a problem on these forums…please direct us dummies to a philosophy post that is a philosophy discussion…the older mature members need to lead the way…

Exactly. Though with seven billion people, further evolution is almost out of the question, while a reversion to the medium is very likely.

As to your question, I do think I have an answer. The highest peak of genetic evolution was probably achieved by the end of the last ice age more or less 10,000 years ago.

us dummies ----don’t worry …we will all die and this fucking life will be over…make the best of it…

I think there is an omega point for evolution at which devolution will begin, if it has not begun already.

we are on the way down…our smart cortex can no longer control our technology…our violence is taking over…
just hang on and observe the fall…we can still help each other on the way down…

So do you see the human future as beyond “Mad Max”, devolution to animalism? Or the “Matrix”, trapped in the virtual?

species extinction probably… by our own hand

In the former there’s always a chance for the species to survive in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, I believe the latter seems slightly more likely. Humanity would become a hive mind that would lose all sophistication until it had nothing left but an advanced version of the functionality based intelligence of an actual bee hive.

how can we know anything about any god…we are just a human chimp

Our aspirations are a type of knowing. Otherwise, what are they for?

there is a possibility that we don’t know about these aspirations…maybe they have to do with the survival instinct…

us dummies----I am appalled by the amount of ignorance on these forums…

Define ignorance.

not knowing…not understanding…it is found in those that think they know everything…