Philosophy For Us Dummies

you are correct…right now you just have my opinion…

There is really NO spiritual side to sex, I don’t think. :laughing: Our brains invent it when we are deeply in love with the person with whom we are sharing the act and giving our bodies, our minds, our hearts, the energy of our lust, our everything, lol to.
#-o

isn’t anything spiritual coming out of our brains…how can you say NO spiritual side to sex…where are you coming from arc…

If we don’t know about our aspirations, turtle, how could they be aspirations? I suppose one might say that they are undiscovered landscape as of yet until they rise up in us and become known. We have so much undiscovered territory within us.
Of course, if we “aspire” to breath, that would have to do with the survival instinct. :laughing:
Other conscious aspirations, like desiring to write a book or compose music or travel the word, have children, or transcend our fear of death, are not so much about the survival instinct per se I don’t think but about the human spiritual growth process, becoming who we sense we are or are to become, one might say, and/or about enhancing our lives, though of course in a roundabout way, if we do nothing to enhance our lives, or to even try to discover what it is that would serve that purpose, and even the pursuit of that discovery would enhance our lives, then…our survival instinct may suffer.

That’s what I said, turtle. The spiritual stuff DOES come from our brains, in cooperation with and in harmony with our bodies and everything which both parties experience. It’s a wonderful cocktail which the human brain mixes and pours and which we then DRINK UP.

I recall somewhere today where you called us human chimps. lol. We are of course but would you say that when two chimps do the mighty deed, they feel the spiritual side of it?

I recall somewhere today where you called us human chimps. lol. We are of course but would you say that when two chimps do the mighty deed, they feel the spiritual side of it?
[/quote]
we don’t know this

But would you hazard a guess, turtle? :laughing:

no way…I am one of the dummies…

us dummies—have you noticed that scripture meaning is still be active…the meaningless scripture thread is dead…

Ignorance is not knowing something, never having learned it. Has nothing to do with native intelligence.
I am ignorant of much knowledge that is written and thought of in here. But the other kind of ignorance to me can be more seen as “stupidity” - that is, having learned something and still not knowing it or “knowing better” or “having been taught better” yet still following one’s own negative, narcissistic selfish way. lol.

I hadn’t noticed that.

i don’t see either one now…i am a dummy

us dummies-----please see the latest on TRUTH by ierrellus…very good stuff

Okay, perhaps “guess” was not the correct word to use. You could give us your thoughts on the matter- it might make you less of a dummy… :stuck_out_tongue: your word, not mine.
What IS A dummy - something not real.

actually arc I believe we are all dummies…I say that affectionately…we are in a sinking ship…but there is much good left

All the way from sex to charity
God is shared love in any form.
Check out J. B. Phillips’ “Your God Is Too Small” in which a minister thanks God for good sex with his wife.

And what is gods respond to the minister’s gratitude?

what the dummies need to work on---------why all the awful part of the world…how does god fit in there…I haven’t heard a good answer…

No turtle. What i was pointing out was that perhaps god would remind the minister that he, the minister, also played a part in the good sex which he had with his wife. God might also remind the minister to thank his wife too for the good sex.
Perhaps it was a three-fold effort. :laughing:
But I can readily understand the minister’s gratitude. :evilfun:

=D> Yep. Apparently the gratitude works three ways!