Friedrich Nietzsche's Fatal Mistake And Error

A useful and common analogy - or is it ontology - that the self is in pieces and some pieces or this or that piece should be in charge, here ‘should rule’. And internal government. And internal master slave to point a bit at other parts of the context. Let’s say there are parts to the self and that parts can be overemphasized, creating problems. Seems reasonable, can fit what a phenomenologist would describe. At this point most humans/theorists jump to certain modes of relation - here the metaphor of autocracy, with the mind as the autocrat. The heart being, well, a faction of the polis, perhaps often seen to be a kind of mob organ. Swayed irrationally, etc. Other possible relations are not chosen, and generally it is not explained why. For example, the mind could inform the heart. The mind could merge with the heart, sharing it’s awareness, memory, analysis. 'Suddenly the heart is not just focused on the sad face of the guy who has been embezzling and has just been caught redhanded, but the repetition of this situation is part of the awareness -categorizations, memories, logging - it is flooded with by ‘the mind’. (as an aside these days when one says heart and juxtaposes it to mind, most modernists really mean limbic system vs. frontal lobes or some such). Creating a unity, informing, working with as a partner…these potential relations/dynamics/analogies are left off the table. A unitary organism is encouraged to continue as a disjointed set of parts, and even to give up energy to have one part controlling another. Splits made during childrearing and via the media and by schooling and by loopy portions of culture and then reinforced by philosophers and psychologists and self-help book writers, who all KNOW intuitively, since it all goes without saying, that only these kinds of ruler/ruled, master/slave, guard/prisoner dynamics work. And their politics regarding the out world will tend to match (or be guiltily denied) their internal form of government.

I have sympathy for this. Both history and meditation seem to lead one in this direction. And so what is actually a distortion is taken for what is.

None of this, obviously, is a denial of the fact that one can be too focused on the feelings/pain of others. In specific situations, as a general pattern. I say it is obvious but sometimes I have to state the obvious since it gets missed. So we shift from a fact/ a reality many encounter to the solution, the only solution, it seems. If something can be out of balance, then it must be under vigilant control by something else. And the fact that mind, that something else, has always been the root of the imbalance is neatly hidden in all this ‘realism’. For it was mind that told heart it had to deny itself for others, even if the mind in question is not aware of that part of itself.

And I should have added, this idea of parts ruling over parts exceedingly Christian (Abrahamic, even major religion, in general) and in the end an odd fit for a philosopher so critical, if in a complex manner, of Christianity.

Ah yes, “mind” has always been the root of the imbalance. The heart is innocent! :mrgreen:

That can be the case, but is not what I was talking about. I was talking about the irrational, evolved selflessness. You’re talking about the carrot and stick, the superego.

You mean “Platonic”. It’s not at all Christlike, of course. What’s good about the Church is that it is a hierarchy, with the more spiritual human beings on top; what’s bad about it is that it has to tell lies–for example the lie of the equality of all souls before God.

No Exist… Im am three things, 1) A Catholic 2) A Cynic 3) A Machiavellian.

I already know about Nietzsche being heavily attracted to all three. In alot of cognitive tests, mapping brain function, he pops up on my end… but I am no Nietzschean. Nietzsche half assed, stole, and blundered in the execution of his ideas. Who you think is Nietzsche (especially you arminius the immunologist) is Jerome Cardan, a renaissance philosopher who’s autobiography somehow ended up in Ecce Homo.

:-s

So you are a humble, duplicitous Catholic? :confused:
:-k

two loafs of brain james.

Divide and Conquer.

CN is always in every post he makes, indignant. Ive never seen him post anything that wasn’t like ''these assholes here did that and you assholes here do this… and the Vedanta says this so fuck you losers." So yes your analysis would seem correct.

I could agree that some of its possible effects can lead to weakness. Definitely not that it is always the case.

Not all expressions of fitness are burdens to procreation.

It is true that compassion can be lethal and prevent procreation, but only if it is not grounded in self-valuing.

double post

I think this is tragically silly. Not because I want you to respect Nietzsche but because you seem to have no idea what it means to be an individual.
Are you really serious with this type of analysis? I can’t really convince myself that you are. Anyway, have a nice week.

So there’s the suggestion that we divide compassion into two different attitudes: empathy and sympathy.

Empathy (feeling-in) is being able to appreciate the situation and suffering of the object, whereas sympathy (feeling-with) is actually identifying with the suffering and partaking in it. Sympathy thus naturally includes a risk to the self-valuing, as it enables a form of self-transgression. Empathy is rather a form of valuing the suffering person in such a way that one would value seeing that suffering alleviated. If this is accepted, I would offer this definition: empathy is appreciation of the goal of another’s well being, sympathy is embrace of another’s present state of suffering.

If that is acceptable, then we can identify the ‘pathos’ in both terms as pertaining to different states.

Empathy is of the elemental pathos of will to power, joy -
Sympathy is of the second state birthed by the will to power, being overpowered, suffering.

One fatal mistake: to discuss with anarchists, communists, democrats… disintegration is speaking out of them. Out of each individual speaks his biology. One does not speak with dead bodies. As we know, Nietzsche has felt a tremendous distance between himself and all others and I bet he wouldn’t name more than few people from the entire history who he would talk to. I see no living people who are able to think Nietzsche. And i feel the distance. Not only in relation to his writings, but also in real life. Sometimes I think who is talking there, a man or a worm?

Please, get to a point or shut up.

Interesting comparison but I have no idea how they combine. What’s the connection and how did Jerome Cardan’s so-called autobiography end up in Ecce Homo? This would be interesting to know!

Thats how western people live, like slaves. Shut up or you are fired!

He was a man of the late Middle Ages, and the precursor of the Renaissance man, his involvement paralleled the magic of Nietzche’s poetry. Alchemy did not elude the mysticism of annihilation.

Many of the so called “Nietzscheans” misuse Nietzsche for thoughts which have nothing to do with Nietzsche. One example for this “high” copycats is that racist Cezar - as you surely know, Contra-Nietzsche.

Many of the so called “Nietzscheans” try to copy that, and since they are not able to copy Nietzsche entirely, they copy merely the psychosis.

Tyler Durden, I asked you whether you can give evidence. Would you mind answering my question?

Thanks for almost nothing. If I didn’t know who he was I wouldn’t have asked the question which still remains open since there “seems” to be no connection with Nietzsche that I can ascertain.