Will machines completely replace all human beings?

He’s programmed but he overcomes parts of it and his humanity reappears. That happens in both the 1987 and 2014 versions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_%282014_film%29

They are talking about him overriding his inhibitor. He can’t kill the red marked corporate agents until he finally overrides it at the end and shoots the evil corporate leader. In all films, the humans always win in the end (even in The Matrix) and there is always a “good guy” cyborg/robot defending the humans against the evil corporate machines - machines against machines to save humanity, the programmed and to be accepted inevitability. If the machines simply lost due to superior humans, the machines would be the bad guys.

Science creates disasters that only Science can deal with, so Science is always the good guy (whereas Catholic priests are always corrupt and/or impotent).

Do you expect the humans to put on medieval armor, get on their horses and fight the machines? They are not supposed to use the current technology?

The theme of the movies is : human overcoming machines and corrupt humans who support machines in spite of all that is done to control and manipulate him.

You are making the point that we have been talking about.

The film shows you that the machines are superior in every aspect, but people don’t like the machines controlling their lives, so they try to use a human inside a machine and say that it is actually human, merely with a machine body. But because the human part, his brain, is too slow, they circumvent that part without him or anyone else knowing it so that he can seem human without being human. In the film it is illegal to do that, but as always, they find an excuse anyway.

And then to make YOU feel good about the machine-human mix, the cyborg, they write the film with a human-happy ending. They could have written the ending differently. So the film is relaying to YOU that “Yes, machines are superior in every aspect but we can make human-machine combinations that might get misused but that’s okay because in the end, us humans will win the battle.” YOU accept what they showed you in the film that humans will win in the end, therefore it is all okay.

But what if they merely wrote that ending that way to convince the viewers that it was okay when in reality, the human would never have been able to magically empower his will to override the implants inhibiting him? You are buying the magic they presented to you. “Yes, we are going to create a potentially catastrophe, but it is okay, because the magic will save you in the end.

The point of the news broadcaster in the beginning was to display how much they want to convince people of what that film just convinced you of. The film is telling you that you are going to be convinced as it is convincing you. That is how the media convinces you;
Yes we are dangerous but in the end you always win anyway, so let us keep being dangerous. It’s okay.

Yes this product or service can be used in very evil ways, but the bad guys always get caught.” - unless the bad guys happen to be the ones telling you that.

Yes, but “his humanity reappears” probably because “films, such as ‘I, Robot’, are psychologically designed to instill a love for androids”, as James said.

He’s not an android.

He doesn’t necessarily have to be an android in order to release a love for androids.

Are you guys for real?
Do you actually look at what is being shown on the screen?

Robocop 1987 : Programming flaw causes robot to kill a person during a demo of the technology.

Robocop 1987 : Murphy is killed and the remains of his body are used by the corporation to create the Robocop cyborg. He is programmed not to act against members of the corporation, even when they are involved in criminal activity.

Examples of promoting the love of machines, robots, androids? I don’t think so. If anything, the movies are a warning about the misuse/abuse of technology.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k[/youtube]

Two other kinds of messages are subtly given;

1. Cyborgs save the day
  2. Government can’t trust cyborgs because of the tiny bit of humanity in them, thus use only robots.

And remember The Day the Earth Stood Still;
“Live the way we say, or we will turn Klaatu’s robot against you and wipe out all of humanity.”
… 1992, 180 political officials from across the world (not the scientists or geniuses of the world) gathered at the UN and created Agenda 21, because “This is the future we want” [or else].

And even on top of that, they are redefining what it means to be human, the human DNA itself, “retroviruses” retrograding the masses. But that is okay, because “evolution is just natural”, [regardless of how much we have to manipulate it].

In short, robots are the only thing that can be trusted by governments, but maybe cyborgs will win and it is all okay that humanity will no longer exist in the world we politicians want because evolution is natural.

The people making the new design and running the show are NOT the geniuses of humanity, but rather the most insidiously controlling; the wealthiest and the politicians.

I haven’t seen that film, I have merely concluded logically, first and foremost psychologically.

The final scene is the happy family; Cyborg, pretty white chick, and happy boy.

Realize that they present the situation in the same way politics is presented;
A) Republicans screwing you
B) Democrats screwing you

You are given no third option. Yes, they show how one side is being bad, so of course you are to vote for the other side - screwed either way.

A) Robots ruling you
B) Cyborgs ruling you

Take your vote.

You watched the clip I posted?
Does it look like it promotes a love of robots?

If you watch other movies or TV shows, you can judge whether they promote a robot/android love.
Doctor Who : Neither the Daleks (mutated biological life inside a machine) or Cybermen ( consciousness transferred into a machine) are admirable.
Star Wars : Surrounded by technology, the Jedi knights fight with swords and believe in a spiritual Force which permeates all existence.
Star Trek : The human factor is invariable triumphant.

You are not required to vote. You can walk out of Robocop believing that neither robots nor cyborgs should be ‘the future of law enforcement’. In fact, I think that Robocop says ‘don’t lose your humanity’.

And look at how much influence YOU have in the matter.

You don’t have to vote for Republicans or Democrats either.
…but guess what.

There are films that manipulate towards liking accepting robots, cyborgs, androids, but Robocop, the old one is not one. (I can’t speak for the new version.) In the old one the man machine mix does defeat the pure robots, but he is presented as a kind of horror. No one would come away from that film with the urge to be a post-human. I robot is more mixed. YOu have evil robots and one main good one, if I remember right. Which leaves open the possiblity of making good ones. There is more of an undercurrent in that film of seeing a Group of robots as Another race, one with rights.

In Alien the cyborg is a bad guy.
In some TV shows, star trek spin offs they are good guys.

I see a mix out there.

But Robocop was made incredibly stupidly if the intention was to make the introduction of cyborgs and robots seems like good things.

No, but it wasn’t the end of the film, was it?

That clip doesn’t prove or disprove anything, although the first impression may be that it promotes a hate of humans who create robots - it depends on the reception, the receiver, the recipients: younger ones may hate robots, older ones may hate humans after their impressions of that clip. After all that clip doesn’t prove or disprove anything.

So in the latter sentence you probably mean the new version of “Robocop”, right?

But:

So in this sentence the old versions of “Robocop” is meant, althoug there were merely one old version?

Is there any agreement? And does only the new version of “Robocop” promote robots as “good things”?

I haven’t seen any of this versions of “Robocop”. So my questions contain no rhetorical elements.

Nothing proves or disproves anything. Can’t argue with that.

Yes, the humans who want to replace humans with robots in the film do not come off well. And yes, you hate them. The pure robots are so personalitiless hating them would be like hating a toaster. Now I have hated toasters on occasion - Ok, it was really a vaccuum cleaner and a blender that got my ire up - but only in the moment.

And what about the misuse/abuse of technology, Phyllo mentioned?

Though in Star trek we do have a military industrial complex, a hierarchy. I don’t Think it is Selling the replacement of humans per se, but it’s not especially democratic. I loathe Star Wars, but from the Little I have seen it also seems to support Queens and hierarchies, though I am sure there are some mixed messages in there also.