Only France refused to speak English in Eurovision Contest

I was listening to the Eurovision song contest earlier and every single country, out of 28 I think, spoke English, except the French, which was pretty funny. If the English are remembered for anything in 1000 years time, it will be for giving the world its first truly global language. A rare gift, I think.

This included even Russia, who got booed every time someone gave them points. Yet even Ukraine gave them 4 points, which was quite a surprise.

Les femmes françaises parlent bien l’anglais quand vous les prenez au lit.

Was the contest all political? Or was it an actual judge of talent?

Ah bon? Il faut vérifier ça.

Monsieur, j’ai vérifié les poilus de brousse de nombreuses occasions françaises.

Quand je vais sur une femme française je prends leurs cheveux avec mes dents.

J’ai même crache sur elle.

Fascinant. Et en train d’être surcraché et d’avoir leurs cheveux du vagin dévoré ils vous parlent en cette langue vulgaire… C’est formidable! Merci pour m’offir un nouveau rêve pour oublier mon esclavage.

Oui, sur l’orgasme ils parlent en langues, comme si le diable lui-même a été une baise dans le cul. L’esclavage est citoyen de la liberté.

C’est clair - vous devez participer a le songfestival prochaine fois et faire entendre a tout le monde que les Francais(es) sont capable de bien plus q’on leur donne credit.

Excusez moi pour l’absence des accents je m’en fou.

Chante nous quelquechose Tyler.

There’s never any actual talent involved so it must be political.

At any rate it was politically correct. A dragqueen from Austria won. Did you get a description of him? Very female, sexy body, skintight dress, long dark hair, beautiful brown eyes, sensual red lips…and a black beard. The Last Man?

Ils parlent? Des hommes??

Honi soit qui mal y pense…

Quand une chienne gémit elle fait sa propre langue. Un délicieux douce symphonie de la musique à mes oreilles.

Puta de madre das ist scheisse hoidu ubade hoisah

Qu’est-ce?

Yes, quite funny really.

English is the best shot at a global language in pop because of the history of pop, including the fact that African Americans made the basis for pop and rock through blues, soul and gospel, which mixed European type musical strategies with African ones. And this people liked. Add in the incredible media Power of the US and then Great Britain when many Groups started copying US blues artists in the early 60s and bang the World got the sense that this Music was in English. So English was cool and fit rock and pop.

It’s not just in music that English dominates though.

No it’s not, but in say the business World, the Changes happened in a different line of causation. The common feature is two global Powers, the British *Empire then, the US up until now. Two Groups that tended to be more reluctant than other Europeans to learn second and third languages, especially the Americans. Combine the Power with the lack of fluency and other countries tended to learn English. Likewise more on the ground with trade. With Music in Europe - a business I have been on the outskirts of in a couple of ways, there has been this sense that English is the language of rock and pop, it is cooler. Of course there are practical reasons, given the huge markets in England and mainly in the US for rock and pop and the incredibly tiny chance that a foreign language song or album/cd will do well, means that in anything approaching and international context, Money has been pushing hard towards English in Rock and Pop. But that coolness factor and the role of African americans both in what was considered cool and what attracted youth who were the drivers of the market is something most rock and pop (and hip hop, of course also) performers are VERY AWARE OF. They consider themselves moving into the center of rock and pop when they sing in English. And that is because of what Music has been considered cool and in and who made the roots of that Music.

Everyone is speaking in Commie here, knock that faggie froggy shit off and talk right.

And I resent the idea that Americans are unwilling to learn other languages, we are very tolerant towards other languages.

The Montenegran entry was in Montenegran, Italy sang in Italian and the Polish entry was apparently in Polish, although the low-cut costumes prevented a lot of people from noticing. But still, more than 20 of the 26 were in English.

It was mainly the judging afterwards that I was talking about, but I’m not surprised so many songs were in English too.