Only France refused to speak English in Eurovision Contest

Yes, quite funny really.

English is the best shot at a global language in pop because of the history of pop, including the fact that African Americans made the basis for pop and rock through blues, soul and gospel, which mixed European type musical strategies with African ones. And this people liked. Add in the incredible media Power of the US and then Great Britain when many Groups started copying US blues artists in the early 60s and bang the World got the sense that this Music was in English. So English was cool and fit rock and pop.

It’s not just in music that English dominates though.

No it’s not, but in say the business World, the Changes happened in a different line of causation. The common feature is two global Powers, the British *Empire then, the US up until now. Two Groups that tended to be more reluctant than other Europeans to learn second and third languages, especially the Americans. Combine the Power with the lack of fluency and other countries tended to learn English. Likewise more on the ground with trade. With Music in Europe - a business I have been on the outskirts of in a couple of ways, there has been this sense that English is the language of rock and pop, it is cooler. Of course there are practical reasons, given the huge markets in England and mainly in the US for rock and pop and the incredibly tiny chance that a foreign language song or album/cd will do well, means that in anything approaching and international context, Money has been pushing hard towards English in Rock and Pop. But that coolness factor and the role of African americans both in what was considered cool and what attracted youth who were the drivers of the market is something most rock and pop (and hip hop, of course also) performers are VERY AWARE OF. They consider themselves moving into the center of rock and pop when they sing in English. And that is because of what Music has been considered cool and in and who made the roots of that Music.

Everyone is speaking in Commie here, knock that faggie froggy shit off and talk right.

And I resent the idea that Americans are unwilling to learn other languages, we are very tolerant towards other languages.

The Montenegran entry was in Montenegran, Italy sang in Italian and the Polish entry was apparently in Polish, although the low-cut costumes prevented a lot of people from noticing. But still, more than 20 of the 26 were in English.

It was mainly the judging afterwards that I was talking about, but I’m not surprised so many songs were in English too.

I knew it. I knew there had to be people who watch that horrorshow somewhere. Never thought I’d find them on a philosophy site!!

En mindezt abszolut nem ertem. Na mindegy,es ist alles zehr gut.

That’s the French for ya…

Great music, yeah. But unfortunately it will be only an episode because the foreign influences have been increasing since about 1990. How long will this episode of English music last? Is the end alraedy getting closer? Will it take 50 years, 100 years, or even 200 years? What do you think about that?

We can end it now by simply not having anymore Eurovision Contests…

Please make it happen contraman.

Okay, we will need Magsj to strap a bodybomb on in order to do it… given her behavior on this forum, Im guessing she knows several radical clerics, so that shouldn’t be a problem. The problem is… who is going to pay for the gas?

(P.S. to Homeland Security, it was a joke, so dont grab my ass and probe in for a week blindfolded in some warehouse to make certain. Just because people talk out of their asses, doesnt mean digging up into one deep enough your going to find the truth.)

^^ good idea.

Until they start making music that isn’t like this contest, I mean it’s properly painful to listen too!

Europeans are just so uncool, and no we brits aren’t part of them fuckers ~ they keep trying to take our shit, now they are even taking the city of london financial institutions. It wont work, britain and america are still by far the greatest inventors, all they can do is look on in envy and keep robbing us.

The eurovision song contest shows that they cannot rise above mediocrity, at least not yet. they are like that dude you had at school, who looked at your food as you were eating it. :laughing:

Wow, that guy who looks at your food… in England… well, here in America, he doesn’t look at food, he leans over the stall at the Urinal as your going and takes a look, then whistles… then offers his hand up for a high five if he likes what he sees… and without any hand to control it, he accidentally pees on your shoe… which causes you to get angry, and your glasses get fogged up in your hot breath, and you can’t see, and he hi fives you, and just at that moment a cop walks in, out of the blue, and sees two men, face to face, shaking hands with their cocks out… and you have to explain it to your wife how you didn’t solicit a gay prostitute in a bathroom.

hahahaha, indeed! I would take the piss out of americans upon that, but I know Britons are pretty much the same [we have chav’s etc]. its just that we hide them from the rest of the world, such that the world mostly only sees posh people and quaint cockneys [a dying species now that London is 2/3rds ‘foreigners’].

My morals prohibit me from partaking in such explosive situations, but thank you for considering me for the position.

Just wanted to point out that the thread title betrays a strange and perhaps English is the center of the world outlook.

Refused.

Did someone demand that they use English?

Perhaps the others refused to use their native languages, which really is more the case.

Or perhaps the French entry simply chose to go with the language they know best and the one that fits the country they are representing.

French novelists refuse to write novels in English.

This so-called “Eurovision song contest” is merely one part of the stupidest Eurodecadent horror show.