Thinking about the END OF HISTORY.

There are ways for a single person to alter the way a society behaves and to a degree control it. But most, if not all of those ways are based on handed-down authority; “Because I hold the secret ancient ring of Methuselah….” - “Lord of the Rings”.

Hitler went to a lot of trouble to find such things for himself, but nothing compared to the efforts made recently.

The burden is on the ignorant. Nobody wanted to talk to Nietzsche live. They sacrifice the best.

According to Christianity there are three roles of the Übermensch possible:

size=114 Übermensch acts the role of the Antichrist;
(2) Übermensch acts the role of the Katechon;
(3) Übermensch acts any other role.[/size]
The Katechon is the antagonist of the Antichrist. Any other role may also mean the synthetic role of the Antichrist and the Katechon.

With reference to the three examples of the Übermensch one can say that the third Übermensch - we may call him “SONAH” (Synthesis of Napoleon and Hitler) - will as fail as the first and the second Übermensch. But which role he acts is as unknown as his identity.

Why can the Übermensch not be avoided, Obe?

Well, that brought back some memories.

Very long ago, I saw that someone was trying to force the return of Christ. And I thought, “Are they really that insane?” Long after that, I have come to realize that sure enough, they really are (“We live on The Planet of the Apes”). It also became very apparent long ago, that the effort to destroy the current “statue of Man” in order to form a newer “bigger” (but not really better) model of Man was under way (an underlying theme in the new released film Captain America). My only issue was that it wasn’t being designed to be better, merely bigger and thus all of the misery being created was pointless. In the film, Captain America saves the world from the man bent on destroying the old world for sake of his new world order. So obviously the Katechon is Captain America. :sunglasses:

Trying to save Man by destroying the old order is easy, except for that “saving” bit after the destruction. The effort these days to destroy Man is basically the same as that to destroy all life on Earth, rebooting all life, not merely Man. Even I could reboot life given no other life around (except my own). But what would really be the point?

It seems that they are thinking, “Man cannot be saved until Man is utterly destroyed” (the Antichrist/Destroyer released). So maybe what I see as the inexplicable weakness of the Catholic Church is starting to make sense, “We need to turn the Devil loose so as to allow Jesus to return”. That does seem to fit their recent behavior.

And this gets back to Man vs Machine. Life is very, very tenacious and doesn’t really care if Man is a part of it or not, thus as far as Life is concerned, machines are just fine, perhaps better. All organic life might well be destroyed in Man’s insanity, but Life will continue regardless.

There seems no end to the insanity of Man.

I think your name could be HB or SD. The first has a large encyclopedia online full of such theories, but mostly based on Spengler. And he is unique in the web - there is nobody who has spent so much time on Spengler like him.

Are we supposed to know what “HB” and “SD” mean (and who you were talking to)?

The majority usually have the burden of catching up if they haven’t already been left too far behind. Übermensch has never really been a good subject to discuss for the great unwashed in the first place without turning into caricature.

It s an old concept.

Since then many Christian theologians and philsophers have been thinking and writing about the Katechon.

Carl Schmitt lived from 1888 until 1985.

For pretty much the same reason as the mechanization of man is by Your own admission a matter of an 80% certainty.  The Übermensch is reactive to the nihilism of the new order vs the ancien regime.  It is this authority which may present the blockage against this process. In either case, the Übermensch  will not be easily discoverable, since he will be apprehended as a synthesis, and as such he will be expert at playing the political antithetical field.  In fact he will be a synthetic centrist, a being of apparent skills at resolution, this appearance very easily attainable by p.r. opportunities.  He will be not real, but a figurehead, a patently virtual image, playing adversaries off of each other.  It's almost a foregone conclusion since the entropy stopping at this categorical suspension, will need support.  Otherwise, the abysmal total regression into the unthinkable, the unthinkable total regression into the abyss.  No one at that point would dare to call him the emperor without clothes. The idea of tacit knowledge thus, is supported by required need.The end of history will be followed, by a re-writing of  it, in appropriate ways, so as to give the impression that it is merely a continuation.The burden is on the one to make it palatable for consumption.

Mainly I was refering to this post:

Sauwelios’ current signature:

The Übermensch should overpower the nihilism, especially the egalitarianism, and create the past’s inequality, especially wars. The themes “nihism” and “end of history” were not new at that time because they started already about the end of the 18th century, like I said.

And I was asking whether we can or should take Nietzsche always seriously (cp.: “If we take this examples seriously for a moment … Is there anybody who believes in that?”).

Interesting.

Well, I think that I have actually learned something from this thread. :astonished:

Rational things, sanity, are much easier for me to figure out than irrational things, insanity. So when it comes to exactly what thoughts were driving people throughout history, I tend to remain fussy. It too often seems to me that if they could understand “those things”, then surely they also understood “these things”. And that thought has kept me confused as to why Man keeps dong the obviously wrong things.

What we think of as “History” is the changing and swaying of order and chaos as Man makes a variety of attempts to get his act straight and identify his actual needs. And even though I have known for a long time that the dichotomy between order and chaos has been an issue, my little brain has had a hard time seeing how much of an issue it has been in Man’s “History”. He can’t find the balance.

1) Absolute Control (Forced Order)
2) Absolute Freedom (Forced Chaos)
3) Other

Not being able to clearly see the third option and thus pursuing a typical false dichotomy, religions and governments keep swaying too far toward options 1 or 2. And what we are calling the “End of History” can be noted as the time when Man finally discovers that exact balance. Once Man settles on the exact balance, the occurrences that we associate with “history”, no longer happen. Life continues and a new type of history emerges.

I can see that Man actually knows the exact balance, he just doesn’t know that he knows it. When he finally discovers that he knows what, in a sense, he has always known without confidence, Man will settle. My question is still one of whether human’s will still be around at that time.

Hmmm… what can be done about that? :-k
How can a man precisely measure whether he has too much or too little of a true need? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

I don’t think they will be able to precisely measure it, but when that era approaches, the other, the more instinctive knowledge may compensate for that lack of precision. Approximating on that basis, they may get a pretty good idea.

Realize that “instinct” is what has been used since day one. Precise measure is the only improvement Man can make. Precise measure, definition and mathematics, is the only thing that improved Man’s understanding of material existence, Science (and he still hasn’t gotten that one right).

The needs of Man must be precisely defined and then precisely measured moment by moment in order to keep improving. His aim must be directly at the improvement of being aware of his needs at every moment in order to quickly respond toward balance. The slower he responds to his needs, the more swaying to extremes he will do, taking generations to make corrections. As long as Man is going to extremes, people will be sacrificed in misery due to such needless extremes (which is what makes typical “History” what it has been).

Yes, i agree, but the end of history is hypothetical, a far as a precise measurement is concerned, whereas it is unknown, when this will take place.  Until this can mor e successfully predicted, basic intuition works on a general framework. The specifics unfold within an unfolding of events, not necessarily sequential , nor within a perceivable model of predictability.  Not the least of which the confusion caused by resistive efforts to devise a continuing fictional history by adding  virtual, pseudo revisions of historical fill-ins. It is even now difficult to separate fact from fiction and drama  instantly created by the addition of  ad hoc mythology.

I wasn’t referring to a precise prediction of the timing of anything. I was referring to a more precise means to measure “too much” from “too little” of each of the needs of Man.

And fundamentally, that would mean precisely measuring every individuals effort to;
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony.

If you want to improve on something, first learn to measure it.
By what means could you measure that particular harmony?

How could you measure the degree of clarity concerning your Perception of Hopes and Threats?
How could you measure the degree of verification of your Perception of Hopes and Threats?
How could you measure the degree of instillment of your Perception of Hopes and Threats?
How could you measure the degree of reinforcement of your Perception of Hopes and Threats?
…all relative to your individual anentropic harmony.

Obe, do you believe in “instinctive knowledge”?

Really?

In short; How can you measure and protect your Consciousness?
Your governments are already doing those things for themselves, but most often at the expense of the individuals.

Controlling the Narrative;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRuZa_kJlew[/youtube]

Every time a government decides to keep a secret, the consciousness of the individual is sacrificed through intentional obfuscation used to mislead and even create a false history. When have governments not been doing that?

Until the consciousness of the individuals are protected, the history of calamities will continue. Currently almost nothing you hear about the reasoning for what you should or should not do is related to the actual reasons, thereby removing your personal decision making utility and making democracy merely a demockery.