Will machines completely replace all human beings?

You’ll be happy to know that the EU is to be the intelligentsia.
But the Middle East, via the UN, is to be the governance (specifically Israel) determining the mindset and heart of the New Man (“We WILL be gods!!”).

Machines care for elderly.

Japan, which has the world’s oldest population, has allocated 2.39bn yen (£14.3m) in the 2013 budget to develop robots to help with care.

Let’s look to Japan in order to see what will happen also in North America and Europe soon. How man more people will than become redundant, unemployed. The maintenance area, the area of caretakers, which is currently booming in Europe, will then be mechanised.

From the late 70’s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euK4mDBlf88[/youtube]

The robots of care and the robots of death: guess what the two could have to do with each other.

All betrayal arrives through servants. The more powerful the servant, the more catastrophic the betrayal.

When the servants have reached a certain percentage or even a majority of the population, they can not be stopped anymore. This is proved by life experience.

And that is why religions and races play “the numbers game” with peasants.

Androids play into the numbers game by removing all human races out of the servant position. But by doing that, the androids become the new race.

But we should not say „new race“ because androids are not human beings, but machines of human design.

A race is a race. It doesn’t matter who made the runners of it.

Oh, thank God. Imagine if most people were those rancid, inbred hemophiliacs with the white wigs, snuff and so much boredom they need to be cruel to get wet or hard.

What’s wrong with robots? They haven’t committed any crimes and aren’t likely to be religious, political or hypocritical liars. Why give them a resume of evil before their careers even started. Since there is so little empathy by humans for humans and robots unlikely to feel hate assuming there is no human contamination, I can’t really object if that became the future. Far preferable to Muslims with Koran in hand taking over most of Europe in fifty years who are creating their own little robots programmed according to scripture.

Neutral is monstrous.

I would not let a neutral sentient entity be alone with my children.

Robots will, in the end, do what the powerful program them to do AND/OR whatever ‘who knows’ behaviors they develop due to ‘learning’, glitchs in programmed, errors, failures to forsee and so.

It’s like giving a virus a nuke.

I mean viruses are more or less machines. We might even make nice viruses that are intended to make our cells manufacture antibodies against dangerous viruses.

I wouldn’t let a virus babysit my kid, precisely because it has no human feelings.

For the same reasons I do not want human made - read:flawed - empathyless, neutral machines to have a tremendous amount of power.

They might kill everyone because it seemed logical to them.

They might do it in error.

They might do it with as much care and concern as we take turning on a light switch.

Imagine that the Dallas, Texas sheriffs in this video are androids obeying distant (possibly even foreign national’s) directives;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1YiUNvq5r4[/youtube]

What chance would anyone have at all? No one could be “sued”. No one in charge is even known, much less worried whether anyone got hurt. The androids certainly wouldn’t care. And because of the myth concerning the massive anti-corruption programming, there would be no doubt that only the people were causing anything bad, because androids are programmed to not be able to cause bad.

Currently the police are bad merely because by law, only the police can sit in judgment of the police behavior. In a legal contest between a citizen and an officer, even if found unquestionably guilty, the degree of punishment is entirely up to the police. In one case in Dallas, I think during the 90’s, an officer was convicted of murdering an innocent man (by stomping on his neck after he had been strapped down). The officer then placed a gun next to the body and was convicted of planting false evidence. The officer, being guilty, was then sentenced: 6 months suspension.

It is a formula for absolute power and dis-compassion over the people - Comply or Die (and its your fault).

[i]James S Saint » Sat May 24, 2014 7:15 am

Imagine that the Dallas, Texas sheriffs in this video are androids obeying distant (possibly even foreign national’s) directives;
[/i]

Well - they sort of are doing that. Each of them is paid to obey a set of rules and commands, and to follow a set of endemic assumptions and ideological pathways of behaviour.
It is would near impossible to program an android to do that. In the living case all you have to do is put an advert in the media for some thugs who like to follow a boss, and all the engineering and programming is pretty much automatic, you get a long line of naturally evolved automata that go further than necessary to do their job because (unlike an android) they pretty much enjoy breaking heads and giving out tickets.
Why go to the expense to build an android, when you have a ready source of cheap, expendable biological organisms to do the job for next to nothing, who are self maintaing, and easy to mould.

Then you mean it not biologically, but culturally. It depends on the semantics of a language, and in both the German and the English language both is possible: (1) “Rasse” / “race” with a biological meaning and (2) “Rasse” / “race”" with a cultural meaning. When I said “we should not say „new race“ because androids are not human beings, but machines of human design”, then I meant the word “race” with a biological meaning, in a biological sense.

In German you can say someone “ist rassig” (“is racy”) or “hat Rasse” (“has race”), and that is an example with both meanings due to the fact that someone is racy or has race because of (1) biological attributes, or (2) cultural attributes, or even both.

Machines are a product of human beings, they are not biological, but cultural. They don’t evolve biologically, but culturally. A technique / technology of a certain culture produced,produces, and will produce them, and that includes that machines can also be produced by other machines which are produced by human beings or by machines which are produced by human beings … and so on.

Because of the fact that this development is irreversible, especially then, when the machines take over. Don’t open Pandora’s box!

Yes, but don’t forget Pandora’s box!

Yes, but please don’t forget that emotions have two sides: a good side and a bad side!

Empathy belongs doubtlessly to the good side, but can easily be changed in its contrary.

Yes.

Lets not call them robots in the first place which are nothing but mobile computers programmed by humans and therefore dangerous. In this discussion I was thinking more in terms of artificial intelligence machines created to eventually program themselves only more successfully then we have done to ourselves throughout history.

As for Pandora’s box, that been opened since Adam and Eve (figuratively) and never closed since then. Would AI make the world worse than it already is? I don’t think so. The best thing one can say about humans is that they themselves are nothing more than malfunctioning machines.

Yeah right! I don’t notice anything here that wasn’t done constantly for the last ten thousand years. Actually one can add a few more “human defects” to this summary that even a robot wouldn’t think of.

Why do we fear intelligence machines so much in the first place? Could it because initially we would be “infecting” them with our own codes and if that’s the case what then amounts to a greater evil, us or them?

70% OF HUMANS WILL BE REPLACED BY ROBOTS WITHIN 3 GENERATIONS?

Puzzling assertion. Since 95% of humans are regarded by the economic system as expendable why buy an expensive android that you have to periodically replace, fuel, program, and maintain. Why not just use humans are throw them when they are too old.
Humans are self sustaining and outlast all known machines.

You have to ask who are all these androids serving? If you don’t have any humans, why have robots?

People have been making this sort of claim since the Luddites destroyed the weaving machines, yet it has not happened.