Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This makes a good point! But I think there is a very potent difference between the two. To eviscerate empathy from an individual through ideology or whatever means is to purposely create an evil in its wake. What other reason can there be when humans are deliberately deprived of their humanity by other “humans”?

An AI machine on the other hand, which was never endowed with the requisite emotions in the first place is not as a consequence brainwashed into committing atrocities. In fact I would think of an AI entity more as a kind of “Data” in StarTrek attempting to educate themselves to any new experience even those as mysterious as emotion.

Saw this article relevent to the thread. Some good info tucked into various places.

wtfrly.com/2014/05/23/the-robots … 4E4j3J_t1Y

Thank you for that link, and here come the Economic Collapse:

"The Robots Are Coming, And They Are Replacing …

47 percent of all U.S. jobs could be automated within the next 20 years.

47 percent?

That is crazy.

What will the middle class do as their jobs are taken away?

The world that we live in is becoming a radically different place than the one that we grew up in.

The robots are coming, and they are going to take millions of our Jobs." - The Economic Collapse

I think there will be weird and bad social effects, when service type jobs get taken over. I mean, it already feels like one is dealing with machines, but when checkout at the supermarket, coffee at STarbucks and so on is all handled by robots. The plasitification of everything. The derealization of everything. That choking feeling you get in a mall, where everything is a copy of a copy of a copy, but everywhere. Or that sad, empty fakeness, void feeling on suburban streets, but everywhere. I’ve seen the future and it is murder, to quote Leonard Cohen. Though this murder is the murder by lack of feeling and realness.

A more better apt question is, who exactly will be running those machines?

What is their end game?

That’s why you kill off 95% of the global population. Problem solved. See how easy that was? :laughing:

Killing off 95% of the global population is the wet dream of international elitists.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=185830

Nope. Transhumanism where man becomes one with machines is only reserved for the elitists concerning immortality of transferring conscious mind into computer.

Either that or genetic cloning. It all ends the same way.

95% of the rest of humanity are not privileged enough. You have to be a part of the chosen inner circle. The chosen ones.

Go back to your hookers and blow Smears. This conversation might not be your strong suit.

You might want to sit this one out.

Uh- oh…

We have a technological utopian on our hands here. They’re always envisioning the future to be like some sort of Star Trek paradise when in all reality it will be something akin to the Borg or Terminators. The technological cornucopians as I like to call them.

On the bright side global peak oil and energy will completely destroy modern industrial technological society where I view that as a great thing.

Think of it as the wheels spinning off of the machine that is technological industrial society.

Hopefully that really starts to kick in before this technological nightmarish new world order thing prevails. Time will tell.

My only regret is that I won’t live long enough to see it happen. I give it two hundred and seventy five years.

That of course assumes we don’t destroy ourselves and the world first… Party on. ( Like it’s 1999) :mrgreen:

Not if you can kill a majority of human beings before they become a problem to manage, control, and so on.

It’s a global genocidal race. Race you to the bottom!

Which begs the greatest philosophical question of all, is humanity doomed to destroy itself? :-k

Old hat! When haven’t jobs been lost to new technologies? It’s not that which causes economic collapse. It’s the absolute stupidity of governments - what they qualify as expediency - and the massive rampant greed of corporations who are “too big to fail” though fail they should, who get bailed out every time at the expense of main street, the producers. That’s what completely distorts economics not new technologies which usually have the opposite effect, though admittedly, there is an adjustment period. One of the most technological countries on the planet, Germany where robotics are rampant, don’t seem to be suffering under a huge unemployment problem.

Poor Monad. He doesn’t see that the real aim is to make entire populations obsolete where their very existence is considered an anachronism.

It’s a brave new world of progress and the greater population needs its entire lifestyle or existence replaced by mechanical automated systems.

Only the administrator class would prevail.

Progress! Worship the state! Blah, blah, blah, and blah…

Nice commentary. But I didn’t say I want it to happen, it’s what I think WILL happen. I don’t believe in any concept of utopia, only better and worse.

They’re working on sophisticated A.I. systems as we speak. They already have machines that can make more copies of themselves without human intervention.

Nice rosy glasses you have there that puts a positive spin on everything where there isn’t a cause to worry about anything.

Where can I get some of those? Maybe it’s not the glasses at all. Maybe it’s something else…

What’s your secret? Is it a drug? Where can I get some?

At a certain point, however, the new technologies are not merely replacing bodies, but minds, and that is where technology is a long term threat to employment.
I don’t think this change is in the next decade on a large scale but fairly soon we will reach a stage not too far ahead where machines can replace human minds on a wide range of tasks. And that is a radical shift.

Also the levels of unemployment are misleading. Today humans are doing more and more mindless, shit work, often several jobs with little security and benefits and the middle class has been shrinking. Machines are cutting into the quality of work and the compensation for work.

It’s not the only factor. The corporatization of the planet is having enormous effects and here’s the thing, corporatization and robotization/AI replacement of humans fit together perfectly. Robots and AI do not have unions or rights or morals. Board of Director dreams.

Robots and AI also fit wonderfully with the military, which is expanding - as is the prison/parole/probation system in similar ways with a similar machinelike tenor - so Eisenhower’s warning is only more appropriate with the introduction of robot/AIs.

The robot AI prison is no doubt in the preproduction stages somewhere.

Well I came a long way since that first post. That was just my initial thought on the OP. I do think there is cause to worry. Agreed.

Come on Moreno. Everybody knows the New World Order is great. Big brother is wonderful not to mention charming. Don’t you see what the state has in store for everyone concerning the future?

Isn’t this what the people who blindly worshiped government and authority for several generations always wanted?

Hasn’t this always been their dream and grand vision?

Well now, they’ve got their wish finally. :smiley:

As the old saying goes, be very careful for what you wish for.

Re-read the edit. Nice try.

There are many jobs where people want specifically to interact with a human being, not something that is like a human being: customer service, care services, I’m sure there are many more. There is a comfortableness and bias at work that may be healthy. Why would this preference for human employment in those positions go away? When there are robots indistinguishable from human beings? I don’t think we are anywhere near close to that point and I invite examples that oppose my belief if there are any.

What specifically should I pay attention to in the edit and what was I trying to do?