Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Nice commentary. But I didn’t say I want it to happen, it’s what I think WILL happen. I don’t believe in any concept of utopia, only better and worse.

They’re working on sophisticated A.I. systems as we speak. They already have machines that can make more copies of themselves without human intervention.

Nice rosy glasses you have there that puts a positive spin on everything where there isn’t a cause to worry about anything.

Where can I get some of those? Maybe it’s not the glasses at all. Maybe it’s something else…

What’s your secret? Is it a drug? Where can I get some?

At a certain point, however, the new technologies are not merely replacing bodies, but minds, and that is where technology is a long term threat to employment.
I don’t think this change is in the next decade on a large scale but fairly soon we will reach a stage not too far ahead where machines can replace human minds on a wide range of tasks. And that is a radical shift.

Also the levels of unemployment are misleading. Today humans are doing more and more mindless, shit work, often several jobs with little security and benefits and the middle class has been shrinking. Machines are cutting into the quality of work and the compensation for work.

It’s not the only factor. The corporatization of the planet is having enormous effects and here’s the thing, corporatization and robotization/AI replacement of humans fit together perfectly. Robots and AI do not have unions or rights or morals. Board of Director dreams.

Robots and AI also fit wonderfully with the military, which is expanding - as is the prison/parole/probation system in similar ways with a similar machinelike tenor - so Eisenhower’s warning is only more appropriate with the introduction of robot/AIs.

The robot AI prison is no doubt in the preproduction stages somewhere.

Well I came a long way since that first post. That was just my initial thought on the OP. I do think there is cause to worry. Agreed.

Come on Moreno. Everybody knows the New World Order is great. Big brother is wonderful not to mention charming. Don’t you see what the state has in store for everyone concerning the future?

Isn’t this what the people who blindly worshiped government and authority for several generations always wanted?

Hasn’t this always been their dream and grand vision?

Well now, they’ve got their wish finally. :smiley:

As the old saying goes, be very careful for what you wish for.

Re-read the edit. Nice try.

There are many jobs where people want specifically to interact with a human being, not something that is like a human being: customer service, care services, I’m sure there are many more. There is a comfortableness and bias at work that may be healthy. Why would this preference for human employment in those positions go away? When there are robots indistinguishable from human beings? I don’t think we are anywhere near close to that point and I invite examples that oppose my belief if there are any.

What specifically should I pay attention to in the edit and what was I trying to do?

Are you familiar with Japanese robotic love dolls? Cosmetics are advancing concerning robots.

“Hi, my name is Tina. I’ll be your robotic waitress today.”

“Hi, my name is medical unit 335. I’ll be performing your surgery today.”

Doubt all you want. It’s coming if they have their way about it.

The isn’t part. You know what you were trying to do. Let’s not play coy.

Anywho…

Link about that medical robot that has conversation with the patient about performing a surgery?

About the other stuff, I don’t doubt it. But is it more of a fad? Are people globably okay with robots taking over the majority of those positons?

Not playing coy, call me out on what you think I’m doing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotic_surgery

The rest of the world?

When has those in power care about the wants, desires, and whims of the rest of the population? :laughing:

I’ll reduce it to a simple misunderstanding for now.

Okay, I re-read it again, and I don’t understand.

It seems you interpreted me as playing down any cause to worry. I actually really am legitimately concerned about the future of technology. I have mixed feeling about our advancements, utilization, and control of technology especially where governments and large corporations are in the picture.

But the robotic surgeons don’t take over the role of a full doctor, do they?
Do they actually greet the patient and the patient never talks with a human doctor?

A misunderstanding then. No worries. :slight_smile:

Not yet

Key word.

When the majority of the population is against their plans and they feel their power is threatened.

A little fun here. :evilfun: :-"

“Hi, my name is Oral Sexy Bot. How can I pleasure you today?” :laughing:

Indeed, how could you? :-k

What are my options Oral Sexy Bot?

Okay, so I just think it is reasonable to believe that people are biased toward their fellow human beings for certain positions and that people will continue to have this bias.

Kill off 95% of the global population through a eugenics and Malthusian style ideology. Problem solved.

Easy to implement also especially if you control 75% of the global economic wealth.