Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Tyler, as much as the above couldn't be truer then true, the facts are supportive of that  view, inasmuch as, the world has changed dynamically so as the vast formerly colonial populations, to be able to support large pockets of privileges, as the modern industrial state has exhibited.  Sure, the 5 percent of large accumulators will protect their own but where do they get their gross accumulation?   From taxing the other 95.  The fact is, if these 5 percent did not go global, the 5 percent in other systems would go to war, whether to the death, and it's an old story. The so called developing nations, with autocrats totally cruel, some totally insane, would not hesitate to go kamikaze. 

Robotics conveniences citizens of the world into a universal application of a techno-democracy , as shallow that seems, by subserving those, who always felt themselves to be only plaything-servers to those they were indebted or sold to.

The new world order is a reaction to changing numbers of vast populations with increasing grasp unto knowledge, and the finding of what it takes to regain control of their lives in a ‘democratic society’ It has been planned out carefully by intelligentsia, who saw this coming. The British Empire’s dissolution was a foregone conclusion, and acute thinkers were able to fathom some consequences early on, at a time when they were thought of as visionaries.

Let’s face it, the United States is still looked upon as colonials, and associations, such as the Club of Rome and others, are a testament to it.

If asked in a survey ,if there was one, the question, what would you want to be red, or dead, i would think most would have answered red.

In a bad harvest, or even in good ones, colonial nations, and even the former Soviet Union, imported vast quantities of grain from the US, whose mode of production differed only in that, it used more automated forms of production. Simple? Another way to avert war, is to feed the populations, so as to save face for their autocrats, who stole their people blind. Unfortunately, nationalism has broken down, because the emergence of the democratic model of the US had become the blueprint to go by for developing nations, including the communist world.

Lastly, as to the 5 percent who will try to retain their edge, and that being the most basic, universal urge, of the survival instinct with limits beginning to show their rough edges ,when these counter the benefits agains the losses in this regard, then other, finely tuned approximations will be made, to prevent the kind of possible meltdowns, as exemplified by the last Great Recession. Automation can assure a continuance of production even in the event of a human resistance.

The ideas for which eighteen century wars were fought are no longer applicable, the methods of warfare has irredeemably be altered, and Marx thought everyone a good lesson : It’ no longer an ideal, rational world we live in, but a dressed up one, within an inverted material logic.

obe, I admit I get lost sometimes by your posts, but when I do “get it” i really get it. that was super clear to me. well said.

now I have like 30 questions about the significance of this, that, and the other!

Fuse, i can’t guarantee to all Your questions, however, i would like to try, nevertheless.

obe,

I appreciate that, but I’ll have to process things and ask them where they are more manageable and clearly defined. That’ll most likely take some time.

I certainly hope You will find congruence.

me too

Obviously those people who are supposed to be loosing their jobs will not be able to buy the shit that the machines are making. So the machines won’t be able to work either.
Clearly machines do not “replace” humans, but release them from menial tasks has they have done for thousands of years, to allow humans do to something more interesting; labour saving is the fuel of progress, and will continue.
However if you don’t engineer the economy so that a broad base of persons get to benefit from the liberation from the tedium of work there will be no one to buy the goods manufactured by those machines…
In this sense, capitalism is a self defeating process. Or at least self limiting.

This dynamic has been the case since we first began to make technology, but has been more keenly felt since the onset of the Industrial Revolution from the late 18thC when canal building, steam engines, mine machinery, steam ships, mechanisation of textile production started to both take away jobs and create new ones.

This is not new.

When photocopying machine salesmen walked through an old fashioned typing pool, he knew that he was providing the means to send 100s of women onto the dole. And when those typing pools had been reduced to a handful, the guy selling the Word Processors knew he would also be introducing major changes.
Now “typing” per se is not even a recognised skill, as everyone uses computer keyboards and so “Typing” like printmaking, once a career in themselves are now “de-skilled”. All those manual functions are just memories.

FYI.
Ever wonder why you have a keyboard that runs qwertyuiop, asdfghjkl, zxcvbnm ? This is a legacy of the time when typewriting keys used to jam together as keys were often hit at the same time (or close to). The separation if keys in this way has no function. But is testament to a recently replaced technology. When font designers discuss the spaces between letter they still talk of leading. This is because printers would have to place lead shims between some letter, and not others, as the gap between them is not uniform (eg iiii ww

Lev: Right. A little addendum here, mostly superfluous, but noteworthy nevertheless: The process did start way back at the dawn of the industrial revolution, and has been gathering momentum, but it hasn’t been noticed, because of the lack of population numbers back than.
Some people, like Spengler, took early notice, in a general sense, and only people like N i believe took primary notice. (It was Nietzche’s recurrence which attracted Spengler, to form his theory of periodicity of cultures qua morphology).

Nevertheless, what You are implying is old news, and the modern world has an entirely new look at issues such as global warming, equity imbalance, gay marriage, free trade zones, oil fracting, use of advanced technology in warfare, women serving on front military lines, right to euthanasia, the list goes on.

The transvaluation has effected more than the Continent, it has reinforced the anti logic of Marxist phenomenology, by cleverly using it as a way to destroy the true human dialectic of the spirit. It was not N’s fault he was also used by demonic hands who saw a perfect opportunity in applying it to mass stupidity of the then panicked public, who became unaware, that the whole world war fiasco was started on a whim, on account of an Austrian prince. It is not ironic, that the instigators, neither of whom were German, were both Austrian, and conveniently classifying them as Germans, was a gross de-differentiation for political gain.

That doesn’t matter.

What do you have against old hats?

It can also cause economic collapse. Replaced humans do not be automatically uneconomical - overnight - just because they are replaced (for example: by machines). The replaced himans belong furthermore to the economical system. Of course they do!

Yes, it is - very much.

Germany is not suffering under a huge unemployment problem - compared with the present western average of unemployment.

Here comes the 3rd interim balance sheet:

|Will machines completely replace all human beings?|
|
|_ Yes (by trend) | No (by trend) | Abstention ___|

||__ Arminius |__ Dan | Obe |
|
|
James S. Saint | Mr. Reasonable | Lev Muishkin |
|
|
__ Moreno |_ Fuse | Kriswest |
|
|
Amorphos | Esperanto | Mithus |
|
|
___ Monad | Only Humean | Nano-Bug |
|
|
_ Tyler Durdon |____ Gib | Lizbethrose |
|
|
|Uccisore | Cassie |
|
|
|
Zinnat (Sanjay) | Eric The Pipe |
|
|
| Phyllo | Backspace Losophy |
|
|
| Barbarianhorde ||
|
|
| Ivory Man ____|_____________|

|[size=74]Sum:[/size]|_______ [size=150]6[/size] | [size=150]11[/size] _| [size=150]9[/size] _______|

For comparasion:
1st balance sheet,
2nd balance sheet.

I’ll change my vote when I see four holy men passing notes. :sunglasses:

I seem to recall me saying in this thread that if the international elites have their way that they will initiate programs where machines virtually replace everybody on all levels of civilization Arminius. Abstention?

Just to clear it up a bit:

1. WILL the elites have “their way”?
  2. Will the elites themselves get replaced?

The only way the elites won’t have their way is if a successful initiated international revolution or rebellion stops them.

Still, I think the global energy crisis with the destruction of modern industrial technological society will be their ultimate undoing in the end whether their plan is successful or not.

Will the elites themselves eventually get replaced by their very own creations? An interesting question.

Can artificial intelligence turn against its masters? It’s certainly a possibility.

Well okay, now that you have explained…
2) Will the elites themselves get replaced? - There are only three columns in his summary, so “yes” or “no” are your only options (where would you place your bet?).

“Four holy men”?

Do you mean (1) J. Robert Mayer, (2) Hermann Helmholtz, (3) Rudolf J. E. Clausius, (4) Walther Hermann Nernst?

:wink: :-k

Passing notes?

:-k

Those were close.
So imagine what the real thing can do. :sunglasses:

Hard to say. I can envision two possibilities with that.

1. Where the elites gain complete control and dominance over A.I. in which they enslave the rest of humanity with the push of buttons at control stations.

2. Where they lose control over their creation of A.I. which the fictional story of Terminators and Skynet becomes paramount causing a human extinction event.

However, neither situation is remotely possible or sustainable if the collapse of industrial technological society takes place first through the global energy crisis.

Takes a lot of energy to power advanced complicated machines like that.

Place
your
bet.

I don’t like placing bets on unknowns especially when differing variables are involved.

I’m one of those people that likes to be exact and precise. Sorry. :slight_smile: