Philosophy For Us Dummies

Am on there. It seems to be another horse race between ideas and ideals.

you could look at that way but it doesn’t have to be…

us dummies-----------where is everybody

See Greatest I Am’s thread on universalism in the religious forum. It’s mostly what I believe.

very interesting ideas…I like the kindness and caring of jesus…

Meant extinct after death–oblivion of the senses.

Not IF - WHEN ~ which means that in the HERE AND NOW, we choose or not to see life as precious and valuable.
I also know that at some point I will be no more. So for now, any discussion of a so-called after life, since we cannot know, is just a moot point.
All we have is the present moment.

yes the present moment…that is all we have
that heaven thing is a preposterous delusion…unbelievable wish fulfillment

If heaven is wish fulfillment, what hope is there for those who know hell on earth?

we all are in hell on earth…the real problem is inaction…if you are being tortured it is better to try to escape than hope for a better life after death…

For some there is no escape, no exit. Would you remove their only hope?

I am talking here on ilp…I will not stop talking about inaction in the face of delusion…each person thinks for themselves…

No one is asking that you stop talking about delusion, etc. It does affect some of us here at ILP–to see our hopes summarily dismissed. I know you mean well, but ILP is not as impersonal as you might believe. I listen to you.

I am not trying to hurt anyone on purpose…I see very serious problems coming from the church doctrine…and my beliefs are very strong…I listen to others and what they believe…I must say what I believe…I am not a hateful person but I believe in solving big problems…

What big problems would you attempt to solve?

the usa is going down and the church is not effective…too many people are leaving it up to god…but we are the ones that need to solve the hell on earth…if we are being told everything will be all right if we just believe and have faith and hope…then we are in trouble…we need action…and that is lacking…

For any change to happen the young have to want it and the old have to die off. The hope here is in the young. Old beliefs die hard.

we need a leader and we don’t have any out there…are there any church leaders out there that you think might have it…

Unfortunately, I can’t think of any; but I believe they are out there.

turtle

Perish the thought!

Perish the thought!

What we “really” need are more companions on the way. There are too many power-hungrfy leaders already.
I refuse to be a follower or a leader but I will walk with someone as their equal.