Philosophy For Us Dummies

I am not trying to hurt anyone on purpose…I see very serious problems coming from the church doctrine…and my beliefs are very strong…I listen to others and what they believe…I must say what I believe…I am not a hateful person but I believe in solving big problems…

What big problems would you attempt to solve?

the usa is going down and the church is not effective…too many people are leaving it up to god…but we are the ones that need to solve the hell on earth…if we are being told everything will be all right if we just believe and have faith and hope…then we are in trouble…we need action…and that is lacking…

For any change to happen the young have to want it and the old have to die off. The hope here is in the young. Old beliefs die hard.

we need a leader and we don’t have any out there…are there any church leaders out there that you think might have it…

Unfortunately, I can’t think of any; but I believe they are out there.

turtle

Perish the thought!

Perish the thought!

What we “really” need are more companions on the way. There are too many power-hungrfy leaders already.
I refuse to be a follower or a leader but I will walk with someone as their equal.

What hope, Ierrellus? - don’t mean to preach here (perish the thought) but that hope would be You, Me, others. Perhaps we cannot create a heaven for these people but we can pull them out of hell bit by slow bit. When I’m experiencing a bit of hell or purgatory, I might only wish for a few sips of cool cool water at the hands of a gentle, loving presence - and I don’t mean god.

arc you have done it again…will you be my handmaiden and I will protect you…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: In your dreams, turtle. She-dragons are not hand-maidens and are not subservient to anyone!
But I rather think that a she-dragon and a little reptile can be companions on the way.

When I read that, i actually did laugh out loud.

What hope, Ierrellus? - don’t mean to preach here (perish the thought) but that hope would be You, Me, others. Perhaps we cannot create a heaven for these people but we can pull them out of hell bit by slow bit. When I’m experiencing a bit of hell or purgatory, I might only wish for a few sips of cool cool water at the hands of a gentle, loving presence - and I don’t mean god.
[/quote]
arc you have done it again…will you be my handmaiden and I will protect you…
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: In your dreams, turtle. She-dragons are not hand-maidens and are not subservient to anyone!
But I rather think that a she-dragon and a little reptile can be companions on the way.

When I read that, i actually did laugh out loud.
[/quote]
keep on laughing arc…but people can have different talents…maybe I could be your handmaiden and you could protect me…
there is only equality under the law if it is enforced…

turtle…

Turtle, my laughter wasn’t meant to be derogatory. I thought that what you said was sweet. You know that I love the little reptile.

True - where would the world be if that wasn’t so.

But aren’t you a male?
Even so, if you ever had need of “true” protection, and I saw that, well, I would fly right over to where you were in ilp and do my best.

Very often, when it IS enforced, even then, there is no equality or less so.

looks like all the jokers have driven us dummies away…pretty quiet today…
I still believe in the sun god…let there be light

…very apt for the Summer Solstice, but do you worship other gods?

I think my ancestors were polytheistic, but I’ll get back to you with confirmation on that :wink:

dear magsj-----I personally don’t need any gods…other people are not superior to me as far as gods go…i really cant explain this but you might know…you seem like a very understanding person…

I have the very same thought on gods, which is why I’m spiritual rather than religious… after relegating myself to a non-practising Roman Catholic - I guess the facts that it is us who get ourselves through life and the undeniable imperfections of things have brought you to this conclusion?

I still believe in the sun god…let there be light
[/quote]
…very apt for the Summer Solstice, but do you worship other gods?

I think my ancestors were polytheistic, but I’ll get back to you with confirmation on that :wink:
[/quote]
dear magsj-----I personally don’t need any gods…other people are not superior to me as far as gods go…i really cant explain this but you might know…you seem like a very understanding person…
[/quote]
I have the very same thought on gods, which is why I’m spiritual rather than religious… after relegating myself to a non-practising Roman Catholic - I guess the facts that it is us who get ourselves through life and the undeniable imperfections of things have brought you to this conclusion?
[/quote]
mags–I cant believe all the silly shit being posted including my stuff

us dummies…I now have the formula---------------GOD=NATURE…
what do you think…how can you attack it…please try

us dummies-----please pay attention to the action on two threads…look at GOD=NATURE and levs thread about ATHEIST

Perhaps we need to eliminate the silly thoughts in order for the profound ones to rise to the surface of the mind and be viable?