Will machines completely replace all human beings?

[size=120]Questions can’t be wrong!

So:

Will machines completely replace all human beings?[/size]

A major event in the evolution of the human brain came when the brain achieved a certain level that allowed self-consciousness. It achieved an “I”. Are there any computers that can do this?

duplicate post

You both appear to be in the “too naive to discuss such a subject” column.

Have been since the 80’s.

Even in a “simple” power regulator for one of IBM’s semiconductor testing systems, I designed the regulator to very carefully distinguish itself from influences upon it. It had merely a little Z80 microprocessor and small memory, but was tasked to ensure that the power going into the system was extremely clean of spurious noise and affects.

The most common of such situations is when the regulator has no means of knowing whether it was being affected by the noise and thus merely passing on its own subjective mindset (as people and especially governments often do). The simplest form of this is called a “ground loop” because the “ground” is supposed to be the zero reference. But when the grounding is affected (by current passing through it), it is no longer at “zero”. So I had a processor on board to decipher where “real ground” was despite where it would seem to have been by normal measuring means.

For the processor to determine where ground “really was” meant that it had to know the difference between itself, its output, its input, and ground. People have a really hard time doing that. But that little regulator could because unlike people, it was programmed to not presume - to verify everything related to the issue.

What do you mean with “I”? Intelligence?

By “I” I meant consciousness of Self. JSS seems to think such computers exist.

Self awareness is not an issue for computers.

The assertion that IQ cannot be measured is different from the assertions that IQ is going up or IQ is going down.

I think it should be if they are to replace humans.

That’s because they are not self-aware.

That is absolutely right. =D>
One could also call it the “Stupid meaningless answer” column, or the “Dsiagreement without any argument” column, or the “I don’t like this thread because I write in this thread” column. :laughing:

Questions can’t be stupid or wrong, but answers can be very stupid and wrong.

They all are writing more and more in this thread, although they don’t like this thread.

Funny, funny.

Nothing is an issue for computers.
All issues associated with computers, are humans issues.
This entire thread is based on a false understanding of the relationship of man and machine.

I’m not disagreeing with that, but what is it that makes you think that you understand that relationship?

You don’t know which languages I read. You don’t know that I don’t have access to someone who can translate for me.
And are you saying that only speakers of one language know about this trend? Germans only?

You don’t know what I think of sources and statistics. I haven’t said.

Now you are talking to me directly and I am responding. Notice that I have not posted anything about your OP question.

There is no forest nearby.

Why don’t you respond to my query and we’ll be done.

Consciousness of Self may be the generator of creativity.

You’re all about definitions. Have you defined machine? Human? Replace? A timescale?
An inclined plane is a simple machine … will inclined planes replace all humans?
Is a human with a hip replacement still a human or a cyborg?
What will happen in a million years?

Going by this …even a thermostat is conscious.

Because you don’t like this thread as much as you don’t like science, statistics, and intelligence.

Why are you writing in this thread? You don’t like this thread. So why should I “respond to your query”.

That are also your words. So your Silly nonsense - not worth discussing’ column can also be called the “Stupid meaningless answer” column, or the “Dsiagreement without any argument” column, or the “I don’t like this thread because I write in this thread” column.

Consciousness requires remote recognition, not merely awareness.

And Self-awareness requires consciousness because it requires a recognition of the whole of itself. A simple PC has that degree of consciousness. It has an internal map/picture of itself versus other activities. The OS knows the difference between when it has initiated what is going on versus something else causing it. It watches itself. And it recognizes a printer versus a display or a DVD drive.

And if a Microsoft product, is very probably accustom to “nervous breakdowns”.

I say to my computer, “I love You”. It is silent. So should I take silence as an answer?

Okay, I understand. For you, it’s all about the poster and not the posts.

I won’t bother interacting with you again.