Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

I want to see some pics of this dude

Erik, youre pining over strangers on the internet and I’m squeezing fake tits at a resort in florida. I dont know what else to tell you.

I wouldn’t know darl… I’ve never been with a man for his money and I’m not up for being manipulated (it’s a massive turn off don’t you think?) so the money only option wouldn’t work for me, which leaves the looks/looks&money options.

But even with the last option, the moneyed-person can still think the other is with them for their money regardless of both being lookers…

You could be manipulated either way, it’s just easier with money.

Which means what? That using money as a tool of manipulation wouldn’t work as easily? True, but the question was: what would you rather be used for–money or looks?

I make more money than most men I know.
Now if only I figured out how to open a jar of pickles…

Nope, no not going to, its too easy to go to that grey area of pickles… I… nope no…

So much for the gender wage gap.

K: Man, Erik is like some social disease like the clap, he just won’t go away.

Kropotkin

Dont give up on him. Hes just a massive victim I think. For unknown reasons, and Im guessing he would be the last person to really know of those reasons.

There’s still a gap. People lowball me all the time on job offers, assuming I’ll just take it because I’m a woman. Makes negotiating a lot more difficult.

The gender pay gap is a myth as has been proven many times over. You only contrive a pay gap by deliberately using an inappropriate average.

I think hands beat tongues in this respect. Aren’t like 50% of oral cancers linked to tongue usage? And it just seems a little wrong to lubricate something that is self-lubricating…

I make just shy of 500$ a week, what is the average in USA?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EK6Y1X_xa4[/youtube]

Do you know it’s because you’re a woman? Have you scientifically compared your offers to others, male and female, within the same range of experience, skill set, education, etc.?

What’s your occupation? Part time or full time? How many years experience? Continuous or intermittent?

No.

Yeah.

Gib, average is less than 40 hours a week. I do work 7 days a week. I care for animals. Experience? On the job training. I knew about cats and dogs to a degree but, not nearly what I do now and that goes for the other species in my charge. Its a great job. Learning, love, laughter, pain, grief, devotion. I am damn lucky to have such employers, I know that.

Allrightythen.

Couldn’t find much on the internet, Kris, but according to this site you’re getting paid about the average.

This notwithstanding the little information I’m going on–example: would you classify yourself as “veterinary technologist”? Are any of these figures before taxes or after? How many years experience is this average based on? Is this a national average, and if so, should we be using that as the standard or should we narrow it down to the state level or the local community?

Anyway, there’s a thread for this subj, no?

Actually, animal nanny is what I would call what I do. I have had to learn veterinary information and procedures, but, while it is a big part, the main part is love and care.
I never had the formal schooling a vet tech needs, I did on the job training. I work for a family. I have had this scale of pay from the start. From cleaning bird cages twice a week for maybe a hundred to now. I have worked longer and harder for alot less . I do count education as a benefit. And that near to five is after taxes.