Will machines completely replace all human beings?

I spose.

no suppose. People are not totally uninformed. They know of the existence of the pyramid of power. The very tip of the pyramid leaves space for only 1 man, and if the machinery is left to its own devices, he will be the only one left: He will be crazy from the
beginning in the sense that he will delusional ly beleive his aim to be God, to begin with. But long before that, he will be institutionalized. This sort of
scenario is not very realistic, and it is against all rules
of set theory and probability. If 20 percent survive, it will be easy to control the other 80, while at the same time controlling the progression of machine
power/ unless they loose control, which is highly
unlikely, given the simultanious progress of human intelligence.

It depends upon the extent of a machines design if it will replace human being or not. Perhaps, it is possible.

Why would other then a self destructive mad scientist
design a program of total destruction? The argument that the machine takeover will be deceptively progressive, should be forseen earlier by human
intelligence.

Not only mad scientists… mistakes can be made.

Einstein and other scientists gave us the Atom bomb, were they destructive mad scientist? He never intended it be used for war, in fact he regretted even discovering it all shortly after.

In a sense a distinction can be made with the atom bomb, where there was no appearent viable choice, The 3rd Reich needed it as the promised super weapon to clinch victory, and allied intelligence cracked the code by which this was discovered. it became a panick to do it first. Einstein, Heisenberg and others worked on it’s theoretical basis to be sure.

In the present scenario, the summa of technology is artificial intelligence, where the control needs to retain control, and there is no way I can see, where they will abdicate this, to any one or thing. So the ultimate question is whether artificial intelligence would ever successfully be able to override the controls imposed upon it. I really doubt it, because there is as of yet no innovative quality assigned to computer systems of bio feedback replication, giving it a totally open ended field.

Quantified systems can exceed human ‘intelligence’ as exemplified by the chess supercomputer Deep Blue’s vis toy over the world chess champion years ago, but a requalification can be set up in an alternate system, where that too can be defeated.That is the weakness of machine thinking, it cannot differentiate between system error in other systems, in order to re qualify opponents on basis of ranking.

A non existent anti program would be set against it with totally irregular sequential moves, it would be defeated.

This is hypothetical since I am not aware that anything like this has yet been attempted.-actually deep junior and fritz in 2003 tied kasparov and no recent rematches occured since. This proves, if anything, that intelligence at the moment is at a draw between human and machine minds.

orb,

I don’t think we’ve gotten that far yet orb. lol
What about human consciousness? Where is THAT in relation jto machine so-called [minds] and I use the term here loosely?lol

Arc, the implication was not, that at this time, computers can equal the capacity of human minds , or even outpreform them, but- it is in the works. The opinion of those here, and within the general population is, that in certain functions there is a very big potential, a possibility, that in the foreseeable future this will be the case.
Usually, in case of reasonable prediction in technological progress, the probabilities will affirm the possibilities, and arrive at crtainty at a critical point.
The impotant thing here, is not that this will ever happen, but whwther the control issues coud be disposed of in favor of human intelligence. Some talk of hybrids,between the machine and the human, a cyborg-like scenario, where a smoothly functioning interchange, or switch, if you may, may somehow de-differentiate any and all conflict.

I would think, this may be the coming thing, but here again, the very basic ontological notions of as of yet infinite regress between mind and matter will re-occur, ths time possibly, with alarming consequences.

Again , and i missed this, the same applies with human consciousness versus brain transactions. In the cyborg, the problem will become acute, since computers may at some point develop self consciousness, where theybecome aware od thei differential reduction into pure material, a state IT may no want to sutain. They may want to develop the kind of intelligence , by way of their own evolution, which would enable them to utilize human eings to graft human form thus consciousness unto their extraordinarily advanced intelligence. At this point, the ETHICAL considerations may come into play to avert catasgrophy.

Sorry again, i am working on editing, will see someone today about it. Hopefully will clear up this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185562&start=1275#p2507193
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185562&start=1275#p2507194
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185562&start=1275#p2507195
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185562&start=1275#p2507197

Some (unfortunately mostly too powerful) people are crazy, others too stupid. That is a very dangerous mix of madness and stupidity and yields the greatest of all mistakes the more powerful the powerful people and the more stupid the stupid people are.

Been reading Mindless

amazon.com/Mindless-Smarter- … 0465018440

which is a slightly different facet of the transition we are undergoing than I have seen before.
It deals with computer systems that simplify and organize management and are making management smaller -iow part of removing the middle class- and the jobs of middle management more boring and much faster. IOW taking the kinds of streamlining from manufacturing, starting back when with Ford’s assembly lines, and using this as a model for all types of management - including healthy care, hotels, banking, social work and more - and then computerizing it, companies, and most of the large ones now do this, and state run companies, can effectivize the process through which a specific process takes place - say a loan application and approval process, or the intake of a patient all the way to discharge - AND allow upper management to monitor, in real time - talk about a panopticon - exactly what they mid and lower managers are doing. So the programs 1) lay out the decision making process for the managers 2) create data about speed and effectiveness from hundreds of different angles of individuals, departments and so on and 3) allow for direct monitoring. This is a happening all over the place, in most fields. So the repetitive, highly controlled, brave new world type control that US and Japanese manufacturing plants could use to scientifically manage and control all movements and actions of their working class employees, has now spread to middle class and professional and service type jobs, departments and companies.

The chapters on Amazon and Walmart give a good sense of just how horrifying this is and also give a sense of what this will mean for more skilled positions.

So it is a replacement of human actions and mental facilities by machines - but not yet in an AI way - worse it makes the panopticon more present, and also leads to humans acting as cogs in a machine at higher levels then ever before in organizations.

Do you now answer the question whether machines will completely replace all human beings more differently, perhaps even with „yes“?

No. But I understand why you ask the question.

I asked not because I wanted you to say “yes” but I asked beacuse I wanted to make sure that I had not misunderstood you.

[size=140]Please describe me your impressions:[/size]

[size=140]What do you think?[/size] :-k

Those two most depict the truth of it.

Yes. The truth ist that they are machines and replace humans.

Look at the picture again:

They all look more sad than happy.

Do you agree?