darwinism does not explain

???
What are you seeing?

I cant believe that random mutations and genetic mixing of races account for the change in our brain during the last 1-4 million years…james help me out…I have a hard time putting things in words…I am working on it…

I don’t think you can avoid random mutations… within a certain class, obviously goats don’t come out of humans. I do think that we have accelerated much faster than is allowed by natural selection, and I don’t think it’s a flaw in the theory, I think we were genetically modified by another species with other hominid species on this earth. Actually, if they hadn’t screwed with us, in a few hundred million years, the bonobos would have evolved to a much better species than homosapiens.

Darwin called this “descent through modification” which is a different concept than random mutations… the “descent” part being key here.

But that correlates with a change in gene frequency, not actual genetic manipulation from an external source. Also, mutations are a mechanism of modification.

Millions of years is a long time. You might also want to consider selection pressures that would likely favor beneficial traits such as increased brain complexity and intelligence.

Nah… evolution doesn’t have a species that was barely making stone tools, like chimps and bonobos do, turn into a highly technologically advanced society with a writing vocabulary of over a million words in the span of 6000 years. Something was tweaked with. Why didn’t the chimps and bonobos go through this revolution…? they’ve had the same pressures as we have. Even elephants paint. It just doesn’t add up. I know the evolutionary theory has added a concept called pnctuated equilibrium to account for sharp changes, but we’re talking about millions of sharp changes all at once. Evolution just doesn’t work like that.

do you have any other ideas…

I mean c’mon, the egyptians have “core 7” a piece of granite core found in the temple outside the pyramid complex at Giza that can only be drilled by something better than diamonds measured by the space between the lines. You really think we just lost technology like that? Or was it brought here by another species?

Where did you get the figure of 6000 years? Chimps and bonobos went through their own changes, just not the same changes. Why should they be expected to evolve in the exact same way? Evolution clearly does work like that.

ancient-wisdom.co.uk/egyptxtremasonry.htm

That’s about when writing surfaced that wasn’t pictograms…

you both bring up good points…I don’t agree with either of you but you are thinking…I just don’t think we know…the hardest thing for a guy to say is… I don’t know…
does any random mutation end in speciation…

What exactly are you asking?
What do I think about it… it’s a theory, a good one.

do you believe it explains the lichens evolution

Oh, I get ya. I’m not sure we know exactly why our evolution split from that of chimps and bonobos, but it did as far as we know. After writing surfaced, we had a way to record and share ideas that could be built upon. That alone would account for a good bit of innovation in language and elsewhere.

Just to add to this… we can’t do this TODAY. There is no technology in our modern repretrior that can reproduce the core 7 drill. We don’t have the pressure to do it. We’re talking highly advanced machine drills that take many minutes to cut out a core that size out of granite. Among egyptian artifacts, this is one of the most perplexing. And this does come down to the topic of evolution… if people 4000 years ago can do something we can’t do, that’s impossible for us to do, it suggests another variable.

You are once again confusing different topics. The technological progress of mankind has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. The oldest homo sapiens fossil is 195.000 years old. That means that since then, we have had a brain with the capacity to develop everything that we did.

I am reading the book---------------acquiring genomes--------a theory of the origins of species…I am finding it very thought provoking…it is by lynn margulis

No, mutations are just a part of it. It is understood that typically it takes a combination of multiple mutations over the course of a long period of time, along with geographic isolation and natural selection for speciation to happen.
Most mutations are neutral, meaning that they cause genetic variations that don’t reflect on physical bodies in any significant way. There are also negative mutation which cause diseases and sometimes stillborn individuals or individuals who can’t survive to reproduction age. Then there are positive mutations, which are the ones that provide an advantage given an environment.
You can see that for different regions of the world, the variation among humans is very great, even though we are still all the same species. It is possible that over time, separate populations of humans may evolve into separate species, each with a greater level of fitness to survive in the environment they live in.