Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Do you still have the link to that scrap robot video?

I don’t remember which one that one was. But there is this one;
“Will they help us? Or will they replace us?”
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xejVT9Z84k[/youtube]

From AI (artificial Intelligence) to AH (Artificial Human), already being designed to tactfully use psychology to fool people, even better than professionals can.

Bomb Squad;
“I prefer to always use the robot because it is safer.”

Military;
“We will always have robots and men fighting side by side.”

Which one is lying? :sunglasses:

Flying Spies, Redesigning Nature for Obedience;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuvBurbjVU[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJv4O2zEOw[/youtube]

Or the Home Made variety;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSYQyAljYOY[/youtube]

“The remarkable aspect of this graph is that it shows four periods of sustained use of the terms Luddite and Luddites after the initial movement subsided. The late 1960s peak can be understood as part of the rising green, ecological movements, and the 1830s due to Captain Swing, but I can’t see easy explanations for the other periods. Perhaps the 1880s relates to the ‘new unionism’, and the 1930s the great depression and a corresponding lack of faith in progress. The 1930s also see the first concerted use of the term ‘Luddism’, as a theorization of their practice. There’s also a jump in the late 1940s; a consequence of Hiroshima and Nagasaki perhaps? One of the problems of this data is it’s not clear who is using the word, or how; is it a smear thrown at one’s enemies, or a claiming of one’s own tradition? (The results pre-1810 are due to Google’s dodgy metadata.)” - Anterotesis.

“At the site where the robot is deployed, even though some jobs are replaced by robots, many jobs are preserved from moving to lower cost labor factories offshore. There is much evidence proving that with more robots, fewer jobs are lost. That’s why Germany, with it’s hourly rates almost 50% greater than in the US, has remained competitive: they have twice as many robots per employee as do the Americans. There are also ancillary jobs created at educational institutions that teach robotics, at robot component suppliers, and at engineering and consulting companies that provide integration services and equipment.” - Singurality Hub.

A guy back in 2007 told me that robotic mosquitos were going to be made to depopulate the planet. I didn’t believe him. He said it was the Japanese who were going to do it.

The following pictures tell one evolutionary and cultural (technical/technologic) story:

Do you believe him now?

While an industry is growing, everything looks positive for those involved in it and the money ensures that the media keeps it looking that way. They get very enthusiastic and turn away from any negative concerns. And as long as that industry isn’t very significant to the health of Man, those who didn’t get along with the changes die out and those who did, survive. The result again appears positive … to those who survived.

The issue here is not as it has been ever before. Although robotics is just another industry, it is not as tame as mere automation, pharmaceuticals, eugenics, or nuclear weapons. It is the development of an entirely new species that is far, far superior to Man which has all of the knowledge that Man has and far more than Man can conceive.

It is militarily critical that machines know how to fake out an adversary (tactical psychology and diplomacy), whether other machines or people.

The rise of the machine world is analogous to the rise of fourth dimensional beings in that they will have an insight that Man simply cannot track or comprehend. Man will not be able to comprehend where he is going wrong, just as if some fourth dimensional being was strategically interfering in the world of Man. Machines will soon know what Man could never have known, just as Man knows so many things that chimpanzees could never comprehend.

I don’t know… I’m a skeptic by nature, but this didn’t come out in the press until 2014. I won’t go into more details.

Note that the mosquito in that second video has a head that appears as a syringe.
… only to be used on bad people though.

A needle which mimics the mosquito’s unique “stinger”, making injections painless, was developed by microengineers.

Contrary to popular belief, a mosquito can stab you with its proboscis without you feeling a thing. It then injects anticoagulant saliva to stop your blood clotting while it feeds, and it is this that carries the bacteria that cause irritation and pain.

Look at this:

This is an easy question to answer actually… human genetic code can match machine code, it just depends on whether we engineer humans to be as smart or smarter than machines. That should take all the hype away. I just recently read Gates and hawkings warnings… nonsense, we can engineer humans to control robots with their minds.

So we will treat humans as and make them machines. Sure, as I said in an earlier post, this is one way machines are replacing humans.

There are already humans with these abilities, we’d just be replicating them… there are other species with these abilities as well.

Anyone interested in this should check out lesswrong.com

I estimate that the probability that machines will completely replace all humans is about 80% (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here).

Do you remember your last vote, Moreno?

You voted “no”, Moreno.

What is your point?

Can machines become living beings?

Can machines get a living being consciousness?

What about the double-aspect theory of consciousness?

For example: In one of his threads, Erik seeks “to outline the double-aspect theory of consciousness” as follows: