Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

Glad to see someone ELSE point that out. :wink:

Very little [few] [small] children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.

Very little [few] [small] [young] children already learn what their culture allows and forbids.’

And I’m pretty sure James was intentionally altering the meaning of the statement, in order to express how his view differs from it. Hence the color red for correction, i.e. ‘you’re wrong, I’m right. lalala.’

You might be doing the same, I don’t know…

Thanks.

I think “young” fits a bit better than “small” and “little”. So:

They learn for example some hygienic aspects or the eating habits of their culture.

I was only using the English for all you here. I read Freud in German. I read others in English, but I do think to remember they used ‘it’. However, the wikipedia shows ‘ID’, as you say. Maybe my memory is faulty, but then again, the wikipedia is not always right. Anyway, use a translator from German to ENglish and find out that the German word ‘Es’ is translated with ‘it’.

Children learn things bit by bit. It took my son a while to figure out that eating seashells is not a good idea. He is still working on not balancing on the window sill to try to reach the door handle. He has only fallen once or twice. It worries me, so I stop him. Because I stop him, he has not learned yet.

Anyway, do you agree with the general ideas in what I wrote? Is it helpfull to you?

p.s.

I want to point out that the Super-Ego is what contains the cultural lessons and is often spoken of simply as culture. I don’t think you know that; judging from your replies.

No. All what you said was no news to me.

The English translation of Freud’s “Es” is “id”. Why do you not know this? A German native speaker must explain the English translation of Freud’s “Es” to an Englsih native speaker who claims to know some of Freud’s books. That’s odd.

Where do you come from? What is your first language? And what are your other languages, if you have any?

That’s odd. However, I am glad to see that my information has benefited you.

I know almost all books of Freud, and my translations are correct. You can believe me. Freud’s “Es” is translated by “id”.

You should not stop him to often, because children need freedom in the sense of as much free space as possible, and mothers usually constrain / box their children too much because mothers are usualy too much frightened when it comes to rear, nurture, educate their children.

As I said: All what you said was no news to me.

Then you are judging falsely. I am not a Freudian(ist). I am no …(ist) at all. Freud meant his "Über-Ich (“superego”) as the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of the (A) culture, and for a child this means the rules, principles, taboos, etc. of: (A,a) mother, father, siblings - thus family -; (A,b) kindergarteners, teachers, peer groups and other groups - thus society.

Warum hattest du denn dies Subjekt angefangen?

Im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch ist ‘es’ doch ‘it’. Und, ich sage dass ich es auch oft in Psychoanalyse so gelesen habe. Wie gesagt: es ist möglich dass ich es nicht ganz richtig mehr erinnere. Es ist schon einige Jahre her.

Kennst du seine Werke?

Ja Natürlich, aber als er da fällt, ist es möglich dass er seinen Hals bricht. Solle ich nicht passieren lassen natürlich!

Das war mir nicht deutlich wie viel du weisst davon.

Aber immer noch mit kleinen Schritten.

Mein Deutsch ist vielleicht nicht sehr gut. Ich brauche es nicht oft. Es ist auch nicht meine erste Sprache. Englisch is auch nicht meine erste Sprache. So spriche ich noch enige Sprache. Jedemfalls: entschuldige vor den Fehler.

Fast alle Titel meiner Threads sind Fragen. Ich möchte wissen, was andere ILP-Mitglieder wissen und glauben oder meinen zu wissen.

Ja, im allgemeinen Sprachgebrauch. Aber nicht in der Fachsprache Freuds.

Bei mir ist es noch länger her.

Ja.

Das ist auch richtig.

Ja, wahrscheinlich, denn ich bin nicht mehr sehr an Freud interessiert.

Ganz genau, ja.

Es ist gut.

Eine Entschuldigung ist nicht nötig. Danke für die Antwort. Ich habe mich sehr gefreut.

Vielleicht ist es nu Zeit deine Gedanke zu erzählen?

Vielleicht ist es auch abhängig von wen wir lesen? Oder ist man nicht so strict mehr?

Ich bin kaum 40. Wie alt bust du denn?

Vielleicht sollen wir einander noch mal treffen , weil seine Werke doch immer noch inspirieren können.

Vielleicht. Manche Gedanken habe ich ja schon erzählt. Die anderen Gedanken werden folgen. :wink:

Deshalb schrieb ich “Fachsprache Freuds”. Der Unterschied zwischen “Es” und “es” ist im Deutschen gegeben, aber im Englischen nicht mehr: “it” und “it”. Um den Unterschied auch im Englischen deutlich machen zu können, hat man einen Unterschied erfunden: “id” und “it”.

Wohl nicht mehr so sehr wie früher - “dank” Internet u.ä…

Vielleicht, ja.

Nobody wants to address my point then?

Too cruelly realistic to be of any use. :-$

Id = The person’s actual impulses (instincts and passions).
Ego = What the person believes he can do, given the constraints of reality (self-confidence, self-image, harmonizing w/ perceived reality).
Superego = What the person believes he should do, given the constraints of society (repression, social-image, harmonizing w/ society).

All societies require a degree of repression via social rules. SAM brings the id, ego, and the superego together so that each can easily comply with the others to the maximum degree possible. What a person desires to do becomes what he can actually accomplish as well as what he socially should do. That is how the IJOT gets maximized because Joy is the inner perception of unimpeded accomplishment.

I also think that the laughing man is more talking about a natural life; instead of an open mindset. Or did I misunderstand?

Of course it is realistic. That’s how I roll.

The fact that nobody likes hearing what I have to say never comes across my mind. Don’t care really.

I am of the modest opinion that if Laughing Moron was thrown into the wild he would have been eaten by a terrifying monster of some terrible sort thus proving his point that living in the wild, at least as far as turds such as himself are concerned, is superior to living in the civilization. One thing however is left unanswered and that is why does he not go down the line of Christopher McCandless? Dude, just pick a gun, and into the fucking wild!

Just stop! You’re hurting my feelings already! You’ve got be me confused with one of my past cyber incarnations buddy when I was flirting philosophically with Anarcho Primitivism. Since then my stances have changed on a variety of philosophical issues.

At any rate, there is no need to go to the wilderness considering the wilderness is going to come to civilization or modern society soon enough when the great disintegration, entropy, and collapse arrives.

As for me, don’t worry about me. I’m sure my odds of survival are going to be ten times more better than yours little fella. Take care now.

So do you want the humans to completely go back to nature then?

Do you not foresee a few survivors of that catastrophe? Grabs the scratchpad and a ballpen

No, not really.
Nein, nicht wirklich.

I sometimes think to myself we were better off in our animalistic form, yes.

I also rather fatalistically think to myself there is simply no going back where a collapse scenario will more than likely wipe us out in a global extinction style event.

A few survivors? Not anymore. A quick glance at thermonuclear reactors around the world along with nuclear weapon stockpiles in the case of global war would pretty much guarantee there wouldn’t be anybody left.

The survive of such a catastrophe is not unlikely for some humans.

Basically total annihilation for everyone.