Is a human authentic dasein (existence, life) possible?

The survive of such a catastrophe is not unlikely for some humans.

Basically total annihilation for everyone.

Why are you so sure (no wishful thinking, please!)?

I am a firm believer in what I like to describe as the inherent doom and self destruction of human beings. Haven’t seen anything contrary to it and now we finally have the means to do it globally.

LM sees the real problem.
He just doesn’t see the only solution.

Yes, I can agree with that statement.

Well, all except that whole solution bit.

I don’t really see any solutions in sight.

China will invent radiation proof giant glow in the dark war condoms.

People fully understand how to treat radioactive materials.
It’s as if it is natural, now.
We’re the only animal with nukes. That means we are better than them.
We, the powerful humans, and power is the only thing that matters, even though it can cause a shit ton of death and unhappinesss.

In order to be more thorough I would say that I see endless problems and no solutions in sight.

Yeah, that’s what I meant to say earlier.

I’m not talking about low level radiation. I’m talking about total exposure of the lethal kind.

Really small nuclear molecules that can go airborn, and spread through the water system too.
Just a guess. I know nothing of nukes. Canada has no nukes.

If the world enters global war or collapses systematically it’s not just nuclear weapons you have to worry about in that there also is the threat of nuclear power stations unmaintained.

It doesn’t matter which nation has the materials or not in that enough nuclear material can spread around the world through various air jet streams.

Why does humanity want to destroy all things possible?

Subconsciously, or even deeper than subconsciously?

The need for one force to destroy another force.

Hidden contempt towards self and others, towards reality and towards the void.

Does humanity, the horde, always do only what it wanted?

The lust for power forces people to take chances. If they could perfectly calculate those chances, they would never do anything that they didn’t intend (sinless).

Hey Magnus,

On the question of what is superior, living in the wild or civilization.

Why do you think living in civilization is superior?

I am of the mind that, it depends on the approach in inhabiting either environment, and the circumstances of each, and they’re relationship to one another (i.e. the power one imposes on the other).

Living in the wild, a greater level of self-reliance can be established. There is a risk, however, for loss of territory; civilization has adequate power to enforce its policies within your territory, and exploit it economically. When I say ‘wild’, I don’t necessarily mean a land unoccupied by foreign powers (rare or inexistant these days) but being entirely autonomous.

I also, do not mean, to live like a primitive person. Ideally, to cultivate the skills to exploit natural environment(s) and supply basic needs (shelter, food, water etc.). This is education, and ideally, more elements will be added to educate family members and friends. To hold a past together (no, it doesn’t begin there). Developing culture in the wild. A shared identity belonging “outside” of civilization. There’s alot of discipline in this. Again, it does not necessarily mean, to be outside of civilizations territory, just more outside, as opposed to being less outside, a countryside, for example, or even less outside, within a city.

From an energy perspective, perhaps it may seem like a great expenditure, when measured against the ease you can acquire this and that if you plug into modern economics, but, in the long run…

It’s also beautiful. Mountains, colors, multiple species, rivers, and so on. Pleasant to the senses, unlike the saturated modern climates.

I must add: this desire shared by many, to run into the wild, and idolize the indigenous primitive tribes from around the world as superior, is retarded.

Currently there are no autonomous territories.

The humanity, the horde, does not always do only what it wanted.

I wanted to make a smart reply but this covers it.

Dasein means there-being, and Heidegger meant with it that human existence is always in this or that cultural context.

A human being isnt just his body, he is his clothers too and his dog and his house and his village.

Yes, it is possible.

[tab]

[/tab]