The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?

I said nothing of existence depending upon belief.

I fully explained it. Proof is subjective. What is proof to one, is not to another. You are beginning to prove it.

Yes. You are the “Analyzer type”. There is an organization wherein you would fit perfectly.

It is merely language, a tool of communication. Do you believe that a language has some objective quality such that it might not “really be” what everyone speaking it, believes it to be?

I admit that language is “drilled into” people’s heads, but that hardly makes it incorrect.

Other reasons might not reveal that it must always be true. But it is either right or not, regardless of any reasons.

Nah. You are merely naive.

:laughing:
Man, are You barking up the wrong tree.

Presumption is the seed of all sin.
… another one you have never heard. Don’t look for it in the Bible. It isn’t there either.

Yeah, fun talking to you. You’re obtuse, stupid and just looking to argue.

Whereas you are merely so afraid to be wrong that you live in insecurity of denial and accusations.
:greetings-waveyellow:

Actually, no. I’m not afraid of being wrong. I see it pointless to argue with you. I made my points, I gave reasoning and you insisted on sticking to what I said you were sticking to and claimed otherwise, showing your own inability to realize what you’re doing.

I’m not any type. You can’t just attach a label and have it fit and have me fit it. I don’t just analyze and I don’t always analyze and I don’t spend much time analyzing. I can analyze, I can do it very well when I choose to, but why? With the multitude in my subconscious that have a vast array of skills and want to be a part of the project I’m working on, why would I hog all the work, for one, why would I take more credit than I was due and why would I work alone? Why would I specialize in just one aspect when I can be adept at many?

I never said incorrect, though I can agree that mathematics is a language. I said unfleshed, unfinished. There is much still unknown; there is much more to do. I’m still beginning to understand the concepts myself, so I’m reticent to put anything forward further on the subject. But, when dealing with sentience and sentients and other things, there can be definite moments when 1+1 can equal any other number based on the variables unknown of those ones.

You called me naive when I made a claim. Regardless of what you do in the privacy of your mind, the outward show of it is what I go off. The obvious show is that you resort and fall back on and rely on the be-all-end-all aspect of what you were taught, which is true.

And then you told me I was barking up the wrong tree. That doesn’t make it true. That doesn’t make me barking up the wrong tree just because you say so.

I can tell that you don’t like to read much either.

Such as:

Accusing me of all of the things that people have accused of you, doesn’t help your case or cause.

You can tell that I don’t like to read much? I try to read every word spoken toward me. When I read books, which is often, lately, I read every word. I read long books, upward of 500-1000 pages. I enjoy reading. I respond to almost every aspect of what someone posts when I do respond to them because I want to get the full message of what they’re saying and make sure that I’m reading it correctly and responding correctly. If they do not correct me, then how can I know I’m wrong? Am I wrong? Did you not come into this thread with energy bursting, with confidence and assurance in what you were saying and yet, nothing to back it up except a standard definition that was, as I said, taught to you by a faulty educational system? And then you say that I was wrong in the analysis and statement of such?

I’m trying to find where what you say is actually accurate and true. I must admit that I’m failing to do so. So, you see, I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong or where and when I fail.

And I am not blindly accusing you of the things that people accused me of. I am paying attention to the words you’re saying, how you present yourself and your knowledge; your responses. Not just what you’re saying, but how you’re saying it, the measure of the pace of your delivery, the feeling behind the posts when I read them, etc.

Then enjoying rereading this thread, especially my last post.

Umm… no. Obviously not.

You take 1 group and add it to another group, you then have 2 groups. If 1 group has 5 in it and the other has 11; you can add the 1 to 1 and get 2 and you can add the 5 and 11 and get 16 and you can similarly say that 1+1=16, though, without the context, another would simply state that you were wrong.

Similarly, when you add 1 human and 1 human, you get 2 humans, except in family exceptions when you get three total if they have sex and the more times those ones have sex, can get 4 or 5 or 6 or however many you get.

Furthermore, if we can be possessed by any number of spirits and can house identities of countless entities, then you’re not just adding 1+1 but the sum accumulation of those 1’s to each other.

And, I don’t re-read. I read it well enough the first time. You’re egotistic, conceited and unwilling to admit that you could be wrong. You’re unwilling to budge. Nothing I have seen of you in the past would allow for the rapid improvement from what I’ve seen to something that has out-stripped me in thinking. I was ahead of you then, I am ahead of you now.

You attack what I say with rudimentary knowledge, which I have already called it. I see where you speak what you were taught and that that is true, but only partially. I’m looking at the rest of it and trying to ascertain where the truth lays in that. You’re not exactly going further into detail of your statements, but prefer to stand on your ego, instead.

Can you remember the idiot who taught that nonsense to you?

Obviously not.

Or more likely merely an effrontery to your pride, thus you attempt to “throw stones”.

You are fantasizing, using your experience with yourself as your only guide.
It is called “projecting” (I suspect yet something else “thrown in” that you hadn’t heard).

You are working only with what people have told you (as you accused of me), specially about gravity and the “1+1=2” issues. You are the one “arguing for sake of arguing” (although that is really a misnomer in almost all cases). Those are examples of “projecting” (your sins upon others - the Dorian Grey Syndrome).

I was willing to let it all go far back there with:

Yet you are doing exactly as I predicted: arguing…arguing…arguing with the only negative things you can think of - the accusations and sins in your own life. You are shadow boxing with your own fear/pride.

Best to just let it go.

Random Factor

All sorts of horrible things occur right in front of God, namely the manifest causal reality he created. When people or creatures do horrible things, it isn’t a product of their subjective consciousness, it is already written in their brain. Then you get ‘normal’ people act like they did in Bosnia and Nazi Germany, because their environment/society made them act that way. We are all primed to go off – so to speak, and are products of evolution and causality more generally.

God is the only guilty party – given that we say he is the cause of everything. He cannot be that of course, because one cause causes another cause and not always in linear fashion, but most [imho] his worshippers believe he is the lord of everything and so its [causality] master.

Causal info in the brain can only be marginally changed by the conscious experience, if we could read the brains of criminals we would nearly always [if not indeed in all cases] find the root causes already written.

Amor,

I’ve been reading the brains of criminals since I joined ILP. :laughing: :sunglasses: No need to literally delve any deeper into criminal brains. :evilfun:

On-topic content: Yes, life makes perfect sense since it’s all God’s fault. God bred inhumanity into each and every human being. God forgot to add consciences, his faux pas.

I think that God is everyones favorite scape goat. They forget that he isn’t the only entity in existence. Want to credit him all the good when it might be unwarranted at times due to other things doing good; or perhaps want to attribute to him all the bad as well, forgetting that other things exist that might just as well create nasty and horrible things.

Someone who thought outside of the box to picture beyond the rigidity and face-value of mathematics. Someone in the mind that came into my consciousness with an idea beyond the norm. And, it makes sense. We are not, as humans, so advanced that we can claim to know all there is or claim our systems to be the best or to even be advanced in comparison to what we might know in the future.

Then, tell me what I read wrong. Defend your station. Do something other than what you have been and actually secure that what I’m doing is akin to trying to empty the ocean with a childs’ pail, or trying to empty the beaches of sand with a spade.

No, merely a distaste for you being in a place of the mind where you do not see clearly and do not think clearly and think of yourself so well that you fail to see this. If my stones thrown hit close to the mark, who would know if you just refuse to admit it? If they don’t, then why not tell the truth of the situation beyond casual statements? Why not back up your words with actual content? Can you do that?

My experience with others, as well; my experience with putting myself outside of my own perception and perspective to peruse others, too. Actually, I don’t work with what others have told me, unless you can entertain the fact that all of our thoughts do stem from others. Nobody living has spoken physically, to my face, these things. I am not projecting. Beyond my own denial, there is proof of the moment based on others interactions with you, what they know of you, others watching situations and circumstances involving both you and me. If I am projecting, why do I not project more having been through more than what I am saying of you? If I am that far gone that I am foregoing reason and sense beyond this situation, then where is the proof of it?

Except that I’m not being negative. I’m calling out what I see to be there, the merits of this situation. I am boxing with you and you have yet to actually solidify a single thing you have said. I am trying to avoid arguing and trying to add actual content and to have this be an actual conversation, but you’re making it very difficult to do so.

What happens when Dr. Banner goes full Hulk and merges his intellect and knowledge and wisdom with the beast inside? Can the Hulk learn the gentleness to handle a flower without crushing it in those gigantic hands of his? Could he learn the restraint through the flowing rage and anger and strong emotion that causes the Hulk to be beyond the man, to actually speak of reason and sense and wisdom beyond that which the man, Banner, could? Where once there was 1, there is now 2 in one, at the least. And, if He does go full Hulk and remains as that, what happens to the man, Banner? Lost somewhere within the beast that has become better than the man could ever be, so lost in a world that he has grown sick of, that he has to hide in, run from everything, deal with so much sick injustice.

Or, is it akin to Piers Anthony’s Xanth, where the Ogre Smash is able to move between his Ogre form and Man form, from brutish beast to intelligent gentleman, and change in size as well, just like the Hulk. What of an Orc in the World of Warcraft that has a simple name and yet can wax wisdom and reason like a human, a paradoxical formation of nature, what they would call a freak, but would ultimately just be a force to be reckoned with.

If you weren’t already, you are becoming embarrassing (comic book characters??? Seriously??).

99.9% of everything “outside the box” is called “insanity” … for a reason (incoherency).

The first time we interacted, I defended you against trolls. You weren’t as sure of yourself as you are now and struggled. I stopped defending you against trolls when you continued fighting and egging them on and further instigating the arguments. When you first argued against a theory of mine; finally worked up the nerve; I didn’t come down on you as I did other trolls because you wouldn’t have been able to handle it, so I said what I said and saw that you weren’t content, that you would eventually come at me again. I saw that before you first argued against a theory of mine based on how you took criticism of your own theories. No matter how constructively measured, you took it as a personal offense. So, it didn’t come as a surprise to me when you did argue against me, and when I did dispense with your arguments to show the soundness of my theory, could tell that you weren’t done, that you would come at me again. Each of these interactions, I knew would only be a matter of time.

That is how transparent you have been since I came to these boards. This current interaction was seen before you ever even truly considered it, though I would warrant you held it in the back of your mind until you felt ready to do so.

You have learned a lot about attack tactics with words, but have yet to learn how to be accurate. You go with what has worked for you without truly understanding how it works. Furthermore, you drop your philosophies and whatever else you’re arguing to focus on your attacks, which is a mistake. You look more for the fight than for knowledge; you look more to win than to further your understanding or to have a reason for winning other than pushing forth your own ego. You know nothing of defense tactics or of having a stance you stick to, though you’ve learned enough of verbal combating to know something of defense, but only insofar as it turns into another attack against who you’re arguing with.

You say that I’m embarrassing myself by talking about comic book characters, but there is deep philosophy there that is pertinent to the conversation and I have thus employed it. I wonder, would you call Tesla’s groundbreaking inventions as insanity? Leonardo Da Vinci’s? When the apple hit Newton on the head, did he think about it hitting his head or did he think outside the box to consider the dynamics of gravity and how it effects the Earth and all that live on it? What manner of incoherency have you seen from Nietzsche, Plato, Aristotle; from any of the great inventors or great leaders? They all thought outside the box of the established norm of society to be great men and to have their legacies last, whether that was their intent or not.

We’re done, here, James. You kept moving with your learning, but you didn’t truly account for others doing the same. You weren’t on par with your philosophies when we first met and you still aren’t, because you focused on so many other things that weren’t important, so many aspects that weren’t important and stinted yourself. You slacked off on your thinking and understanding and instead wanted to win arguments whether your philosophies were true or not, whether you had something worth arguing or not. If you had not done that and instead worked on understanding, worked on fleshing out your philosophies, you still would have remained behind me because I never stopped doing those things myself. At best, you would have paced me, but still would have been behind because I was ahead already. Since I kept going with it and you only kept going in certain aspects of it; aspects that I kept fleshing out at the same time as every other aspect of my philosophies and understanding, which you let up on and stopped learning at a certain point; I have far out-distanced you and out-paced you and now have to show you the extent to which you fall short.

Something I was reticent to do before because you wouldn’t have been able to handle such a bruising to your ego in any of our previous encounters and interactions. If you think at all that I didn’t see this coming, that when I let up, I didn’t note the hunger in your response and what it meant, then you fail to understand what I have come to know of others.

It’s like when I was still in WA and my friends son wanted to water-wrestle with me in his community pool and the first time I said yes. We wrestled, and every time I played pure defense, he got me eventually, though I made him work at it. When I played offense and went to win, I won every time. Most of the time, I didn’t feel like water-wrestling, simply because I saw all that he had the first time and he kept using the same tactics over and over again simply because they worked. He would wrap his legs around my waist, work his way to my back and eventually get the choke hold in. He was teaching me nothing new, while I taught him defense tactics that he never used and wasn’t good at. During one of our bouts, I switched stances on him like how fighters do in Suikoden or any other fighting game.

I bring this up because one time I had him in a choke hold, dead to rights and instead of ending the fight there, I let him go; I let up. I pushed him away from me in the water and he turned back to me with light in his eyes, a hunger that said, ‘you shouldn’t have done that.’ And, he came at me twice as determined as before. It is reminiscent to what you have done in words, over the extended period of time that we’ve been here. The same hunger to win, the same light in your eyes (behind your words) and the same lack of understanding of anything other than a quick victory; and if you can not get that, your attacks become weaker for lack of the platform, for lack of actually working your philosophies and I ask you the same question I’ve asked others: What are you doing here? You’re not a philosopher. You don’t care enough about what we talk about, nor do you wish to learn.

Once in every few hundred years, someone said something that was outside of the box and reasonably legit. So you think that the other billions of people who only thought stupid things outside the box should keep it up. The box was made from those very few. Those very few who actually said something reasonable at the right time. The rest, like yourself, are just repeating old nonsense. Your arguments so far have been seriously invalid and naive.

If you believe what you have said, you are seriously fantasizing, in fact delusional. You haven’t said anything true or legit during this whole exchange. That is what “thinking outside the box” does to the much greater portion of society. That is what it is promoted to do … create delusions and the elimination of a generation of unwanted so they can be replaced by the preferred.

To you it seems, the “meaning of life” is merely the next fantasy you dream up, still shadow boxing the same fears. Still trying to live a comic strip life. Still lying to yourself … and anyone else who will listen I suppose. And you have no idea of what I have done. You are too busy dreaming up stories to try to convince yourself is reality.

You’re a fucking idiot.

Says the comic strip philosopher.

You’re an idiot because for all of your mocking and claims that I only embrace fantasy, i have more rational thought backing up all that I do than you will ever have. And now, people know you’re not as stupid as you’ve been pretending to be.