The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?

That’s alright, you’re not the only one in the world with a small penis. Take comfort in that, if nothing else. ‘I am not alone in the kingdom of small penises.’ You shouldn’t let personal bias to guide you into pulling the trigger and you shouldn’t use power and authority to make your penis look bigger than it is. Some will like it just the way it is. Some women like cute, little things.

Although you…
… not being one of them.

Well, that certainly escalated quickly…

Mine is in the midrange of penises. Not too small, not too big. I have nothing to be insecure or cocky about.

Creating suffering and death must be stopped as well as creating envy and revenge.

… OR ELSE!!! :angry-fire:

…snicker…
8-[

Unfortunately it isn’t reality that dictates insecurity.

Another stupid and pointless ILP thread bites the dust.

Life resists entropy. Otherwise it would not be capable of self-preservation and would decay, thus die. Self-preservation means preservation of the competences during the actual life, whereas reproduction means preservation of the competences beypond the own life. There are three evolution principles: (1) variation, (2) reproduction, (3) reproduction interest. Living beings get recources out of their environment in order to reproduce their competences by the resources of the environment, thus to preserve (conserve) and renew their competences. So they strive to reproduce their competences.

According to this the meaning of life is the avoidance of the loss of the competences.

If you have the impression that you are not needed anymore, then you have the impression of the loss of your competences.

Note: “Competences” means more than"fitness", it is more like “capital”, “power”, “acceptance”, “appreceation”.

Your post doesn’t make any sense…

So would you say that the 13 families, trillionairess…are preserving their competences by being inbred?

I think the word you want is “complexities”. Life tries to to preserve its “complexities” by reproduction, not it’s capital, acceptance, or appreciation.

Yes.

Exactly.

It is based on information.

There are many different information memories (storages), two of them are biological (genetical and neurological) - genes and memes (short-term and long-term)-, all others are cultural (artificial) like all culturally made things, for example books / libraries, pictures, photographs, audiotapes, videotapes, memories of computer, robots, androids.

Yes, but life, being life, is flux. How can it always make sense to someone, depending on the circumstances and what comes to one.
True, we ourselves have to try to make sense of things, give or find meaning to them but there are things which happen that cannot and do not make sense.

I think that there are times when we have to just realize that it can’t always make sense and if we find it does, we’re not really looking objectively - perhaps just rationalizing.

And what happens to a word when it’s repeated over and over again, like a mantra, especially when it is used as a fixed object to describe something dynamic? It may become catchy, but over time, it also loses its original meaning. What airs and status does it acquire as it slowly fades, and what does it end up representing in the end, and to whom?

…or vsvrsa. :sunglasses:

Are you talking about the word “flux” Pandora?
I don’t think that it is so much about the word, itself, but of its influence and effect on the person.
Flux, flow - they’re words which conjure up imagery and that imagery may become the person - the person may become more flow, more fluidy lol less like someone who’s mind is written in stone or who is not flexible.
I think that if you listen, holding the word flux flow or any word which has meaning to you can speak to you in a sense.

If we think of the word “light” or hold the image of a flickering, burning candle in our minds what do you think can happen? I suppose it might also depend on the person. If we look out at the moon in a night sky or watch the stars, what is capable of happening to the person? I think that they can take on the attributes, qualia of what they’re looking at. That’s why it’s important to choose just what we want to look at.

Will he? Okay, just nitpicking on words alone, which word, by itself, does strike you as more representative of the concept of fluidity, flux or fluid? And why use one over the other, and repeatedly so? Some words are overused and to the point where they acquire a life of their own, they now have more ring than a substance. Take the popular word nihilism, for example -to a believer, the word nihilism means a world view void of God, so a word, a phrase, or statement, if used and overused repeatedly, becomes vulnerable to hijacking, and can end up meaning anything a person wants. What I’m really doing here is pointing to a potential carelessness in using words.

Right, and what does light represent to a believer. Undying faith? Hope?

And what will the believer likely see in a night sky? An affirmation of his beliefs.

Or vice-versa. I’m referring to the dangers of confirmation bias where a person sees what he wants to see and not even realizing it.

I would say more so how because, by seeing alone, some people see things into it also.

If you consider this, especially the tendency of each organism (living being) and each super-organism to avoid the loss of competences, then many current problems, also and especially the feminism or the plunder and destruction of our planet, can be understood and explained in an easier way.

It is a systemic evolution theory or philosophy.

If you meant that the way that I suspect, you are very right. The focus upon sustaining and/or maintaining rather than upon aggressing, alters perspective and incentive. Although there are a few situations wherein one must aggress in order to merely maintain.

The truth is that people are only inspired to aggress when inspired from others, as often their “friends” as their “enemies”. And that too is a old philosophy concerning how to get Man to make “progress”. There was always a better way. It merely wasn’t discovered in time to prevent gross aggression from becoming the normal and expected (aka “wars”).

The meaning of life can or not make sense, depending on whether it’s perceived, understood or experienced. Perceiving it does not guarantee that it makes sense, unless it’s experienced and finally understood within the context it is bracketed.