Why did we stop inventing gods?

To some few perhaps.

Science is exactly where most mainstream religions are.
With their many theories to precede the Big Bang, science has created their own scientific god of the Gaps and he sits with the religious gods of the gaps.

Regards
DL

I do not agree as I see the ancients as more modern in their thinking than the lying religions like Christianity and Islam that we suffer today.

Modernity is just showing how big those religions are on lying.

Here is how we should think of any god. Without attributes as none of those can be known.

bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL

Indeed.

Idol worshiping is all that Christians and Muslims do. Any who name a god are in the same boat.

Regards
DL

You don’t know me at all. I’ve read Freud and Jung. I just don’t believe in everything I read. I’m not a fan of the supernatural.

They didn’t stop inventing them, they merely started calling them something else. Unfortunately with the average intellect as it is, that is all it takes to propose that progress is forming a new world without gods.

Good. Then you should understand where and why we are creating gods for ourselves. Gods as defined as the best rules and laws to live by and so far, secular gods, laws and rules that is, have all been created by people who also put supernatural gods aside.

Regards
DL

Indeed, our intellect is growing and intelligent people recognize that supernatural gods are just fiction. God has no place in the minds of intelligent thinkers.

That is why the religious fear intelligent reasoning and logic.

Martin Luther
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Keep your faith my friend but remember that faith is only good for those who do not want the truth.

Regards
DL

Martin Luther born 1483, died 1546

That’s a modern reference. It’s how every religious person thinks in 2016. :evilfun:

The final verdict on God’s existence will be decided soon. I haven’t got laid in many months so that’s that’s a few points against his favor. And the date God set up the girl couldn’t kiss me on the lips because I was too ugly I guess. Today I had a date that was cancelled today, so I went to a bar to find a woman, the woman at the bar said she believed in monogamy, so I called another girl, then she told me I was too pushy then hung up on me (Irony because, if she values politeness, she should be polite, but of course women are eager to find fault in everyone else but themselves.)

The final verdict on whether God/magic exists will be determined scientifically and emperically. It all boils down to that test I took a few weeks ago. If the answers are correct God definitely exists, but if the answers are wrong, then the voices in my head are all lies, and I should no longer trust them.

Yes. Inventing gods has never been stopped. The opposite is true: More and more gods have been invented. :wink:

Indeed.

Faith is not wanting to face reality.

Regards
DL

Trust but verify.

You are likely listening to your Father Complex.
At least I think that that is what Jung and Freud would say.

Science cannot ever prove the non-existence of god.
It is not to them to prove or disprove the delusion that some have.
It is to the deluded to show that they are not so.

Regards
DL

You completely misunderstood me.

I was saying that you are out of touch with the times and that religious people do not believe Luther’s nonsense from 500 years ago.

He does not want to face reality (for example the fact that he does not know you at all).

FALSE.

What Mags means by “false idols” IS what I mean by “»scientific« gods”.

And all science is Occidental science.

Really?

imgur.com/IBroXK9

Regards
DL

FALSE.
[/quote]
Then show how they can be known.

Regards
DL

Whatever that link is, it doesn’t show much on my screen.

So, who knows what your reply means.

Whatever that link is, it doesn’t show much on my screen.

So, who knows what your reply means.
[/quote]
It shows Joyce Meyer a modern Christian, basically saying what you said is 500 year old thinking.

Regards
DL