Why did we stop inventing gods?

FALSE.
[/quote]
Then show how they can be known.

Regards
DL

Whatever that link is, it doesn’t show much on my screen.

So, who knows what your reply means.

Whatever that link is, it doesn’t show much on my screen.

So, who knows what your reply means.
[/quote]
It shows Joyce Meyer a modern Christian, basically saying what you said is 500 year old thinking.

Regards
DL

You think that a fundie minority is ‘Christianity’ or even worse, it is ‘religion’. :open_mouth:

Mostly all who fly the cross think our gain of knowledge in Eden was a sin. Original sin.
They reject that the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil, which is basically all knowledge, as all knowledge is either good or evil, is good.

This view is counter to the original Jewish view of Eden as our place of elevation.

“Instead of the Fall of man (in the sense of humanity as a whole), Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue, the beneficent hereditary influence of righteous ancestors upon their descendants”.

dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/ … -theodicy/

Regards
DL

Change the subject. No surprise.

Yes.

Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years.
space.com/24854-how-old-is-earth.html

This being the case, it would appear to me, considering how long it took for humanity itself to evolve into who and what we are today, and into who and what we will be -coming…

…we are definitely worth saving, as a whole. We’re far from perfect but still - WE ARE - I mean we have existence.
What a waste it would be to destroy all of those billions of years, don’t you think?
I’m not a nihilist of THAT kind.

I have many gods myself - the stars, the trees, the oceans, a few good men lol, the wind, the rain, the planets, the moon…

Joyce Meyer is a woman who apparently thinks logic is a tool of Satan

I believe Joyce Meyer should obey me and do all of my commands.

…an army of constantly newly-created gods to suit every taste… can’t let that control over the masses slip back into the masses’ hands now, can they!

I am not a fan of any named religion GIA, as they’ve built up centuries in learning how to exploit in the name of the Meccas and Vaticans of this world.

Knowledge of something cannot be good or evil in itself only how such knowledge is applied

Only after I spoke to your notion of who Christians are.
I guess you missed that.

Regards
DL

Rather Gnostic Christian of you. Good for you.

Seems you are mentally rich.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, “If those who attract you say, ‘See, the Kingdom is in the sky,’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, ‘It is under the earth,’ then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.”

Regards
DL

Indeed.

So do most Christians, it seems, because most of them think that the moral sense, logic and reason that come from the tree of knowledge of good and evil was a sin to partake of. Original Sin.

Regards
DL

I cannot blame you.

Both those religions grew by the sword and not by good deeds or a compelling theology.

The Mystery schools though were doing quite well as free thinking institutions before Christianity gained political power and killed them off.

If one wants a moral theology to follow and recognizes that Christianity won the god wars, they would have to look to those who lost the war because they were likely more moral than the winner, Christianity.

So far my studies of Gnostic Christianity has proven that the best theology was theirs and that is why free thinking was outlawed by Christianity.

Christians burned most of the Gnostic Christian scriptures, but luckily some were buried and that better theology is emerging and we are as in Christianity’s face now just as we were in the past. If they could kill us all off again, they would.

Regards
DL

Indeed, but with knowledge of nothing, which is what A & E had (basically), there can be no meaningful fife.

Regards
DL

You put forth Joyce Meyer as being representative of Christianity.

The statistics of religion in the USA shows that she is in a clear minority.
The Pew survey of 2014, shows that 70% of the USA population identifies as Christian. Breaking that down, it shows that 24.5% is Evangelical Protestant and only 4.9% is Non-denominational Evangelical (which is how Joyce Meyer identifies herself).
pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

How many Christians does Joyce Meyer speak for? Who knows exactly. It’s certainly not a majority of religious people.

You should look up some statistics related to Christian beliefs about same-sex marriage or abortion or ordination of female priest, etc.
It would no doubt astonish you. :smiley:

It might.

I see the comments of both Martin Luther and Meyers as saying to basically believe in fantasy and faith more than logic and reason, and since something like 70% of all Christians believing in hell and close to 100% of Christians believing in a salvific Christ, I would say that they are, in that sense, representing what the vast majority of Christians have done. Ignored logic and reason for faith.

Regards
DL

Wow. Almost all Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the way to salvation. That’s incredible. :laughing:

In the USA, 3% of atheists believe in hell, 9% of agnostics, 32% of Buddhists and 22% of Jews.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 … -and-hell/

What? :astonished: