Can sports think?

Carry on, ILP. Everything is acceptable. Everything is valuable. Everything is equal. What more do you want?

How is it possible for everything to be equal, valuable or acceptable?

Promote whatever idiocy you want at ILP. Who cares?

Do you have any idea how many ideas , thoughts, inventions, etc , were considered idiocy, heresy, etc. that are now thought of as a positive? A true student studies , questions and dissects, not dismiss out of hand. The OP sounds idiotic or drug induced, or something beyond.

Don’t dismiss anything. It might be genius.

No , but, a bottle in the garbage may be worth 10cents

Look up shellytrokan’s posts. Is there even one that makes sense?

That was the reason for my question

This place has gone in a particular direction, either because of neglect or by design.

It is what it is. :banana-dance:

Can sports think? Well if we think there is something else happening, I mean other than just the sport, that it means something, then perhaps yes. The only other instance of ‘something else’ being part of the world whilst equally being untraceable, is us! …and we are that which thinks.

• doesn’t need ‘dimension’ for that though. not unless we classify thought as a kind of dimension? :astonished:

On a similar theme; is there a thinking narrator?

I think the idea makes sense from the point of view that the universe couldn’t exist without sport, and therefore sport should have the same identity of humanity.

But the universe happily could… so your point is moot. Are we not merely byproducts of a giant chemical processing plant? i.e. the universe…

• doesn’t need ‘dimension’ for that though. not unless we classify thought as a kind of dimension? :astonished:

On a similar theme; is there a thinking narrator?
[/quote]
I think the idea makes sense from the point of view that the universe couldn’t exist without sport, and therefore sport should have the same identity of humanity.
[/quote]
But the universe happily could… so your point is moot. Are we not merely byproducts of a giant chemical processing plant? i.e. the universe…
[/quote]
Can the universe experience its entire history without sport? And there’s also replication: why is it that in no movie either featuring Gene Tierney or Russell Crowe does the subject of sports being able to think occur?

Could you maybe rephrase the question?

I think that the universe would simply ‘go with’ so no matter what does or does not happen will still be… say, endured or imprinted on (rather than experienced) by the universe.

=D> nice…

That’s a very precise set of factors you’ve given there Shelley. My answer to this is… that it simply wasn’t in the script.

The universe endures… well it would, after billions of years of existence.

Even that which is in the script can end up on the cutting room floor… like it never ever existed in the first place, so so-much for scripts and editing suites, and hello end-results.

A good sport may consider gracefully admitting to defeat. But sport, in and of itself, is not sentient, therefore cannot think. At least I believe it cannot speak. So, tell me if and how it does. Help me understand.

On top of everything may be this:

Sports think may have been some ultra reactionary oriental effort to destabilize Trump, namely by diversion-so that they will not think it’s China’s efforts, but North Korea’s.

Everyone surmises group think, as in a lot of unmasked sport fans would want to groak in a packed stadium, and none thinking of consequences.

Lorians read backwards , but bag anh stretch could anyone equate that with the subliminal effects of reverse psychology.

Therefore Madison avenue’s subliminal advertising may have caught up with the ancients versed in versed well in such maoist regimen, and socked it to trump, a follow up to their virally invasive biological weapon.

Why not, after all the can afford to loose a few hundred million, but the US is sadly decimating their population with abortions, contraceptives and such.

Sports don’t Ithink, folks, " Think Sports" ,
Its a Connie pitch to unmask innermost feelings to get out there, just like Trump would want you to believe , that will do hum in, as well.

And that is what happened.

Who would not believe this theory now days, it seems very credible! It ain’t no red herring: may dear mr. mcarthy not roll in his grave.

Shellytrokan-Bot was banned shortly after this thread was published, so don’t expect an answer anytime soon, or, well… ever.

Nice post… I’m sure Shelly would have approved.

Sports have a lotta balls, but I dont think they can think.