Will machines completely replace all human beings?

You seem to be excessively fond of these terms, but I’m afraid you are misusing them.

Techtard
A contraction of “Technological Retard”
Technological + Retard = Techtard
Someone who is so “technologically challenged” that they shouldn’t be allowed within a 10 mile radius of anything electronic.

Technotard
A person who has a significant conceptual, behavioral, or intellectual impairment that makes it impossible for them to understand or use even the most rudimentary of electronic devices.
Jack can’t even program his remote control or the speed dial in his cell phone–what a technotard!

Machines may not yet have replaced humans but we are already slaves to technology. Social media in particular and the internet in general never close down
I can spend up to twenty hours a day in front of my computer. Even when I do manage to switch off it is usually only for a few days before I am back on again

Pretty much any AI that I would design. An AI gains a “subconscious” by first having to juggle it’s own priorities and then by not being able to sufficiently accomplish its goal. The most efficient use of mental capacity then requires a division between what you call a conscious and a subconscious. The “conscious” portion builds a completely different imagery to represent the surrounding reality, including the urging to attend more to this or that issue as directed by the original priority juggling. Since those urgings are separate from the conscious, perceived as “remote” from the conscious yet within oneself, they are sensed as “feelings”; joy, hate, love, depression, frustration, …

A social example would be the advent of activist groups in Congress. An AI properly formed, similar to Congress, would naturally form its own activist urgings (the priority juggling) so as to persuade the Senate (the conscious). Those activist urgings are what “emotion” is.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCd6UHR-3I[/youtube]

This half-time is lasting eons.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1NDsxVCo_Q[/youtube]

Had an epiphany and a climax and a mental spike when this song came on while playing grand theft auto.

Divide. And conquer. For the sake of the whole.

R I S E

I haven’t watched this video although it looks like it might be amusing, but it doesn’t look like it will be about machines replacing human beings? So that was disappointing in a way as I had been hoping to discuss that. But you do have 3000 posts, I assume you don’t just post irrelevant links or you’d have been banned(?) so is there some philosophical content in the vids? Or are you just feeling relaxed?

My posts were only loosely associated with machines completely replacing all human beings. The fact that only some lyrics contained in those songs do connect to some leap-frog logic, is on me. Then again, it is the half-time show. Like . . . metaphorically . . . as to our timeline in human history . . . In relation to our mechanical relations … and the star we call a sun’s age . . . damn, that’s convoluted.

Stop. I’m an asshole.

I want to be the first bionic man. Symbiotic re . . . la . . . . tion . . . .ship. Can you hear me say that to you over this?

So NO! Machines won’t replace what is destined to dissapear, change, evolve, re-create, anyway, no.

I’m hungry for pre-man ape meat, which by the way, is what has added to my asshole irrelevancy. And oh by the way, ban me please. But delete the threads I asked to be deleted first, pleeeeease.

Yes, I am relaxed. Thank you for asking . Bleep Bleep Bloop.

Interesting post, and welcome (back?) to ILP.

Computers can technically feel, see, hear, and even sense phenomena that we can’t via any number of electronic sensors. Their potential on that end is almost as limitless as imagination. But you might ask whether they can sense in the same way that human beings do. Another question is do AI need to apprehend the world like a human? Many creatures experience the world with sensory systems that are radically different from ours. And the most fundamental question seems to be: what is consciousness?

Do conscious beings need to share the same biological idiosyncrasies for each to have a concept of good?

I think there is a long and bumpy road ahead of us with respect to AI, and I do not yet think there is one inevitable outcome.

Try thinking more about a human becoming more like computer than a computer showing human emotions that are convincing.

The liver “senses” the lack of insulin, but we do not feel this, there is no associated conscious experience. Computers work in a similar way. They do not feel, see or hear.

They don’t. See above.

They need to if they are to understand human language.

It has been said that that is the only question we can answer: what we don’t understand so well is “what is matter?”

They need to be able to feel.

That depends on whether a conscious has been established within the computer (a map of the terrain from which to choose behavior).

A disappointing start to the day, but I suppose I will have to take the rough with the smooth.

Does anybody have anything interesting to say? I was hoping Onlyhumean might respond.

Why?

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the direction to the Urban Dictionary. I shall submit my own definitions eventually to cover such idiotic techjunkies who wait with bated breath for their mechanical upgrades. While science progresses toward ‘human robots’, the tech enthusiasts should enjoy some time in a sensory deprivation chamber in transitional preparation for life without human interaction.

:slight_smile: great reply. I agree MM

All I can do is shake my head in disappointment for such shortsightedness. They really are retarded in their ‘thinking’ that technology equals evolutionary gains.

Can you explain what was great about it? I might be missing something, but like most of the posts here MM’s contributions seem to me no more than mildly deranged ranting.

MM is looking for the word which means “a person made retarded by technology” … that’s someone who can proficiently use technological devices but who cannot understand other people or effectively interact with them.

What’s the appropriate word?

Timewaster?