Government

The detached individual to a large extent has to fake emotions, interest, and pleasantries around other people concerning a social setting in order to not come off as being socially awkward or rude. It has taken me almost twenty five years to master this skill of social pretense.

This is you Otto:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ[/youtube]

Ah yes, but for every innovation you can mention I can show over a period of history individual autonomy lost or stolen. And once again, most of the benefits of government or even technological innovation goes to a minority of people anyways as they are the only ones that can afford it.

But hey, at least in this era of bondage where individual autonomy or sovereignty is next to none I can at least take a shower! Progressive!

What it comes down to is innovative dependency masquerading as progress, that’s the sales pitch.

And who’s fault is it that individual autonomy and power is lost, except the individual?

As long as you, or anybody else, sleeps in a soft or feathered bed, you’re being a hypocrite.

All of the modern contrivances, comforts, designer drugs, decadence, hedonism, and most of which you enjoy yourself, are directly spawned from the “system” you despise so much.

Shouldn’t you be thanking your government?

And once again, under a centralized government the individual controls nothing, politicized freedom is an illusion, or worse a commodity to be bought and sold in exchange of service. Spare me the whole responsibility personal inversion stemming from a fictional misguided sense of morality circulating around a belief in a state controlled social entitlement system.

Not really, you’re not even allowed to live outside of society without paying taxes, or having territorial ownership. Don’t believe me go try it sometime, see how far you’ll get. What other choices are there?

Yes, thank you for making me into a pawn or gear of an abstraction where I have no will and volition of my own other than what has already been previously scripted in being set up for me way before I was even born. I love big brother, fucking awesome.

The question was not only what the Romans had done for them.

The question was also and especially why the Romans were not at home.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbI-fDzUJXI[/youtube]

:slight_smile:

Better to be a barbarian savage free than civilized trapped in an elaborate cage.

Although or because (!) he had become a Roman citizen and officer, the German Arminius (18 B.C. - 21 A.D.) decided to fight against the Romans and to become a free German again.

In the year 12 B.C. Arminius’ homeland became a Roman province.

In the year 9 A.D. it became part of the free Germany (Germania Magna) again.

Better death than dishonor. Better being dead than enslaved.

This motto is also true when it comes to thinking and can be seen as the reason or motif for my username here.

Arminius, by tradition of the German side of my family it is said it can be traced all the way back to the ancient Alemanni.

Really?

Yes, really.

Do you know the names of those ancient ancestors?

…who or what were the ancient Alemanni?

Are you joking?

Some historical maps for you:

Can you start with that?

Or are you just joking?

I found a historical timeline of the Alemanni, but the maps look pretty :slight_smile:

I will continue reading up on them, later… and no, I wasn’t joking :wink:

Fine. :slight_smile:

Strasbourg area and I’ll say no more as I am not going to go into a great deal over it derailing the thread.