Are governments just protection rackets for the 1%?

I agree that we are being brainwashed and dumbed down. The rank and file just keep following the liars.

All we can do is continue to put the truth out here.

Regards
DL

They are all controlled by the oligarchs. We are all slaved to them.

To ignore that they are all the same, is to have bought into the idiotic democratic system you th9nk you belong to.

Regards
DL

When governments around the world eventually and inevitably implode which they will the cusp of the situation will be obvious to most however by that time it will be too late as catastrophe will be everywhere. For those in the know we are left with a sort of bewildering amusement on our descent into annihilation. You can either amuse yourself with this or surrender yourself to retirement in despair but alas these are the only choices we have for the controlling authoritarian power structure is an almost invincible behemoth. If you cannot destroy or challenge such a system directly like ancient years past we can only wait patiently in horror for its own downfall in which it simply destroys itself under its own weight. As the old proverb goes,the bigger they are the harder they fall. We can only hope there will be some semblance of life afterwards in the aftermath.

Yet Hitler’s broad system of genocide against the Jews can be seen as the single motivator for Hitler and his entourage.

Regards
DL

What else is there concerning any kind of government other than the system or implementation of power benefiting the powerful? Please tell me what else there is.

I am more optimistic as I see a French type revolution on the way in many countries.

Sure, we are dumbed down but not to the point I think you are saying.

One country will begin by bringing their oligarchs to heel and be better contributors to the whole, and that will force other countries to do the same as they will demand a level playing field.

The U.S. or China should led on this but it seems that both countries have lost their zeal for justice and have allowed their oligarchs to rule from behind the throne.

Regards
DL

Benefiting other people besides the powerful, for example. Remember, the question posed is not whether or not Governments benefit the powerful, but rather they just benefit the powerful. It seems to me there are Governments that also benefit the weak.

I think it’s inevitable that Governments benefit at least the powerful, just because by definition any social structure is going to have somebody at the top, and any extremely elaborate social structure is going to have people that can manipulate the rules to their own benefit. But it’s incorrect to say that that’s all a State is for, or to put the cart before the horse and say that exploitation is why the state exists.

That really doesn’t have anything to do with what I was saying, but it’s also retarded. No, elimination of Jews was obviously not the single motivation of Hitler and the Nazi party. It would be like claiming genocide against the Kulaks was the single motivator of Stalin.

Tell that to the Jews.

Regards
DL

Certainly fighting back against the global systemic form of tyranny will be a reality eventually but not until after the collapse, the global oligarchy at this point is too powerful and pervasive at the moment to be challenged in any kind of serious way. A great deal of many powerful people have died trying and have been squashed. With everybody being so divided also I don’t believe it will be a singular movement either but instead a variety of movements vying for legitimacy in the vacuum of power after collapse. Civil war and strife will become common play. What comes after that nobody knows.

I shouldn’t have to; any Jew who’s read a history book knows I’m right.

In what way are the weak or powerless protected and socially elevated?

Elephant in the room. A conversation for another time perhaps to not detract from the current subject.

I do not think we will reach a point of collapse or violence before brighter minds form groups to study the situation and make suggestions.

But if it does go to violence, it will likely surprise all of us as to how few people need to die so that the rest of us can progress in a more equitable world.

nydailynews.com/news/world/r … -1.2500284

I do not recommend violence but the world cannot be held hostage by so few and if a rebellion or civil war is required here or there, so be it.

Regards
DL

I don’t know what “socially elevated” means, but weak or powerless are protected in many states through social welfare programs, police, and services such as roads, schools and so on which are either free or else unattainable without a state to organize them. They’re protected from potential invaders by the military, protected from disease by water treatment systems, immunizations, and so on. All kinds of stuff.

And of course in some Governments the weak and powerless are exploited and brutalized. And in some Governments it’s a mix of both. You just can’t generalize about it.

The smartest and brightest are the first to be bought off. I don’t believe any kind of intelligentsia will swoop in and save the day. I certainly don’t have any kind of faith in such people myself. For me only a violent armed form of rebellion will change anything, everything else is co-opted. Armies get things done not simple protests and certainly not the co-opted intelligentsia.

Perhaps I should have said moral intelligentsia.

The French Revolution, just to name one, was led by the people and not the army, which was controlled by the rich.

Any such revolution must have the population behind it or it is bound to fail. The French Revolution itself was not the best way to do things, as they had not planned for the substitution of governance well, but it is touted as having brought democracy to the West.

Regards
DL

Public welfare is a kind of state enslavement and patronage. Police enforce laws commanded by the establishment. Public infrastructure is just a way of publicly maintaining the controlled plantation or reservation. State militaries are armed mercenaries at the state’s disposal for the acquisition of resources.

Sorry, I just can’t see what you do.

I am a bit of a skeptic concerning human morality and ethics so I don’t share your views. Eventually however when things get so horrible people will organize themselves in the name of their own self interests of survival (common people), that is a given, however nobody will agree to any singular specific point of view hence why we’ll see multiple revolutionaries instead of just one. There will be much infighting everywhere. I can’t really say I have much faith in democracy either.

You can characterize things as cynically as you want, it doesn’t change the fact that many states give their citizens food, shelter, and protection from crime, disease, and war. Like for example this:

“. Public infrastructure is just a way of publicly maintaining the controlled plantation or reservation.”

All you’re doing here is ascribing motive. First of all, it makes no sense to ascribe motives to hypothetical people (we aren’t even talking about some particular state or another), and secondly the motive has nothing to do with whether or not the poor people are benefited. If all Government authorities are cackling supervillains in the way you describe and create roads and libraries to ‘maintain the controlled planatation’, that doesn’t change the fact that the poor get to benefit from roads and libraries.