Can we slow down the modern velocity?

The modern velocity is because the perception of time has become slowed down.

Its like dodging a bullet, to you they appear fast, but to them, time is moving slowly.
It has slowed down becaue of the Internet. The organisms have become stimulated. Novelty hard to come by. All the organisms have seen all the marvels and seen all there is to see, yet don’t have any Love. Love is a time accelerant, and most of them don’t get any of it, So they end up being know-it-alls who are bored and time moves slow. Always gotta be busy and doing something to fill their existential hole.

The modern science is an Occidental science and has conquered the whole world. So even if the genocide will be continued and finally completed, the techn(olog)ical results of the Occidental science - especially the machines - will be there, and then it will depend on the Non-Occidentals or the machines (=>) whether science will be continued or not.

Maybe science will “die” in the same manner as Faust in the second part of Goethe’s tragedy “Faust”.

"MEPHISTOPHELES: Was gibt es denn? // WAGNER [size=85]i[/i][/size]: Es wird ein Mensch gemacht.

WAGNER: So muß der Mensch mit seinen großen Gaben // Doch künftig höher’n, höher’n Ursprung haben.

HOMUNCULUS [size=85](in der Phiole zu Wagner)[/size]: Nun, Väterchen! wie steht’s? es war kein Scherz // Komm, drücke mich recht zärtlich an dein Herz.

WAGNER size=85[/size]: Am Ende hängen wir doch ab // Von Kreaturen, die wir machten.“ - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust (II), S. 114, 115 und 122.
Translation:
"MEPHISTOPHELES: What is happening? // WAGNER size=85[/size]: A man is being made.

WAGNER : So man with his great skills shall have // To have a higher, higher origin in the future.

HOMUNCULUS [size=85](in the phial to Wagner)[/size]: Well, Daddy! how’s things? it was no joke // Come, press close to my heart tenderly.

WAGNER size=85[/size]: In the end, we do depend // On creatures that we made.“ - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust (II), p. 114, 115 and 122.

Yes, modern velocity can be slowed by demanding quality which only humans can provide rather than quantity that only machines can provide.

The individual can do extraordinary things. I may be able to slow down my velocity, and you may be able to do so as well. But as far as our world doing so, I don’t have much hope in that regard.

The proverbial missile has been launched. It’s not going to stop in mid air and return back from whence it came. Disasters will befall us such as the human species has never known. The trigger has already been pulled. We can only save our own soul and try and help the souls around us. But humanity as a whole seems to be too far gone.

Again, I don’t know this for sure, but I wouldn’t bet on anything significant changing until all that has been set in motion has materialized. But by that time we might all be dead. Then again, maybe we won’t be. Who knows?

TBH i think this is the best response yet

My question is this: by what means do we measure this velocity?

I am almost trying to assign units to this “modern velocity”… ie physics velocity… acceleration. I can abstract this, but WHAT is going faster? Which abstraction? What is the measure of this?

As far as technology is concerned i would think information processing density would be some kind of measure

I cant help but to approach this from a mathematical model standpoint… we can go with Moore’s law and consider the doubling in computing density every year…

However, I cant escape the human, natural, viewpoint… that there is a concept of carrying capacity for different species.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_capacity

Basically this would mean human population will level out (increase at an ever decreasing rate based on environmental factors - look at a graph). I don’t think sufficient technology will allow us to escape this concept (although it may allow us to redefine the boundaries of our environment)

I think the technology, as a byproduct of humans, can be thought of as limited by this same concept…

I think humans are subject to environmental laws as are other species, and that its arrogant to think that we necessarily will be able to “overcome” this concept, or that it somehow doesn’t apply to us.

My answer:

I think it may slow down at some point in the future, I don’t think it is right to say that “we” slowed it down (or sped it up). I also think the measure of technologically significantly changes qualitatively… perhaps it will always FEEL like we speeding things up.

Not watching tv and such, not partaking in the current of current events, and living among some trees so as to see the seasons change, this is how I do it.

Animals.

Progress is bound to slow down once we run out of natural resources. Otherwise, I don’t think so.

The ice age that is coming will do the job.

The Sahara will thrive.

Most folks think that the Sahara has no life

Goethe was capable of foreseeing the end of our industrial modernity, the Faustian modernity. He knew that this modernity has a good and a bad side.

And in the end …:

Oswald A. G. Spengler (translated): “To impose upon the world the form of his will, Faustian man sacrifices even himself.”

Oswald A. G. Spengler (translated): “The Faust of the Second Part is dying, for he has reached his goal. What the myth of Götterdammerung signified of old, the irreligious form of it, the theory of Entropy, signifies today — world’s end as completion of an inwardly necessary evolution.”

The eternal return slows down time , its realization that is.No matter how fast it goes , despite its lack of absolute self awareness, which is that of the God, it is not him . man . or god, which separates the man from the machine.

The machine appears to have been created by man as man has by God. Both views are erroneous. Nothing has been created or destroyed , the ring can never be stolen for who ever thinks they can own it it will end up being owned by It.

The ring and its power will never destroy what it has created because they are one and the same, man is the ghost in the machine , which never allows its cyborg nature to absolutely unify and self destruct by allowing an absolute fusion between its technique and its wisdom to power. Man or machine have no control over this . otherwise god would selfndestruct and time would cease and there would or could be no beginning nor end.
But since there is, and always is, appearance must always trump reality, faith is merely the frosting on the cake of wisdom.

Please prove, give evidence, show objectively that “the eternal return slows down time”. You can believe in the eternal return, but the eternal return is not provable, although this does not mean that it is impossible.

Again: We have to consider necessity (=> 1) and possibility (=> 2). See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193641&p=2687579#p2687579 .

For instance, the supercomputer which now reins over all previous artificially intelligent processors, currently has a program of not using any humanly pre learned data bases, it uses only the formal logical tools. This means that no prior deductive or inductive processes are used in learning the evolution of learning.

Eternal return in this sense typifies Your own sense of the quantum proof of learning"s genesis, without reliance on learning without a sense of a historical antecedent.

If so, it is of an exclusive domain consistent with a contemporaneous , imminent process, anti historical and anti transcendental.

If this state is sustained, then eternal return is a bridge to unify both states, in order to rein in the necessity oft asked by those programmers who need to understand what is going on in the minds of these advanced artificial intelligences.

They are calling them the black boxes of artificial intelligence, where certain preferred choices are made autanimously , and those choices are not able to be understood by current languages.

That is why they are deep. The first of these was called ‘Deep Blue’ , but that was a long past prototype, which even back then was able to beat the then current chess grandmaster.

The reasoning for eternal return is a necessary step to bring home the notion of an imminant countering of resisting the fading concept of transcendence.

In a world beyond history, history adjudication as its quantum counterpart in milliseconds is implicated, the concept of time it’self looses its dimension, providing a configuration of reinterpretation of competing scales of reference.

If, these scales can be accorded artificial modes of cecession,and supercecession, then the experience of time may seem as if they could be manipulated.

The idea of time travel may cease to be a fictional science , if and when that arrives.

This type of research is not really new and there have allegedly been some gross mishaps in time manipulation, most of them shrouded for public policy purposes, albeit shrouded in paranoia and conspiracy.

If I have translated your text rightly, then you have not proven that “the eternal return slows down time”.

Your “supercomputer”, your “program of not using any humanly pre learned data basis”, your “sense of the quantum proof of learning genesis without reliance on a learning without a sense of a historical antecedent”, your “contemporaneous … process (is a contradiction, by the way), anti historical and anti transcendental”, your “world beyond history”, your “time travel”, your “time manipulation” - all that does not prove that “the eternal return slows down time”. Humans have and know that they have a sense of time, a time consciousness, a memory. If you want to say that they become cyborgs, then just say “humans become cyborgs”. But as long as humans will still use their sense of time, their time consciousness, their memory, there will be no real “slowing down of time”.

And if you are saying that they will confuse reality with ideality, so that they interpret a ceratin ideality or/and possibility as their only reality or/and necessity and their only reality or/and necessity as the only ideality or/and possibility, then just think of dictatorships in countries where this has been dictated and experienced in spite of the fact that the people did not lose their sense of time, did not lose their time consciousness, did not lose their memory. So, what you are saying in this case is not that “the eternal return slows down time”, but that “there will be a dictatorship which is even more like hell than each one before it”.

Yes and. if the aforementioned is not identical to Your interpretation,it can not be said that they are as dissimilar as to create the pre-existence of dictatorships. as different as well from the coming of the techno -overtly acting as dictatorships , in the interest of the people’. Not even to compare in the scope of their control by the dictatorship of the coming cyborg.

It has been predicted and should come as no surprise with vintage publications of ‘Brave New World’ and 1984. Incident ally Huxley was revolutionary in trying hallicigenics, well appreciated in their time morphing capacity to alter consciousness, the perception of time included.

But it is the philosophical basis that interests us, and in that the more astute description of the coming of imminance from transcendental evaluation which sheds light upon it.

The age of literacy in the traditional sense is coming to an end and more and more shortcuts and semional guides are needed. In the coming of the visual society. That the quick change from a literal to a visual world needs connectedness can be seen from the development of the physlosophy of signs and signals. That such be approbate to a new independent lingual-ontological-seminal world is beyond question and their utilization may take up more time then refreshing or learning anew, familiarizing with all the traditional sources.

We have literally grown out of time, and figuritavely finding a key the de escalation of the maddening rate of increasing speed , at which the world seemingly shortens time, shifting the cognitive mix from qualitative to quantitative perimeters - a shift beginning before this generation can or is willing to go and appreciate.

So yes, the ideals need to be supported , but this is where transfigiration concept serves well, and this is where the closure into the ideal RING as it were , must become the type of necessary assumption of pre reflexive fusion which must reverse .To the holders of atomism from the Greeks to Liebnitz, this may not be surprising either.

All doubters beginning with Descartes, in this light , are merely apologists, retractors, or pseudo conservatives.

If there is no god, then one must be created and IT has been and always will be created , as part and parcel of no thing else , than the safeguarding and retention of man’s very Consciousness.

The Eternal Return is the imprimatur of a new type of religion

This lesson has been learned in the east a long time ago with Zen Buddhism, but what’s missing in the west is adaptability .and mass appeal. Sans sacrifice such appeal would need to dispense.with social fragmentatipn.

All of that does not prove your statement: “The eternal return slows down time”.

When exactly will that “ice age … do the job”?