There isn't really a muse thread.

No thread ever stays on topic, one thing leads to another, same as it ever was…letting the days go by.

“letting the days go by”

You must come nearer to slowing that allowance of time, live but for a moment once or twice a day, and it will ultimately make a huge difference.

It’s a lyric from a Talking Heads song.

Live in the moment?

Was curious how long of time that represents. Expressed temporally it is the time an experience requires to come into the mind and leave it. Approximately 2-3 seconds.

I’m drawn to the question of the minimum requirements of human life and the maximum allowances as two extremes. Everyone should be entitled (have the right) to at the very least the minimum. But what would that look like? Water, food, rest and release/cleanliness. The last is not often thought of, but what goes in, must come out, so it hangs out there as sort of a consequence of the first three. For every measure that goes into the equation time for an individual life comes out, save for the time required to perform these things. Drink 64 fluid ounces of liquid, Consume 1800 nutritious calories, rest for eight hours, and releasing/cleanliness an hour? A half hour to drink, and hour to eat, 8 hours to rest and an hour for release/cleanliness. So as a measure of the resources required as input we have 10.5 hours of “idle” time, taking care of function, and 13.5 hours of “unaccounted for life” as output, given the same length of day for all of us. Fairly loose estimates.

To which I hope to continue the thinking at a later time, must go spend some of those 13.5 hours getting stuff done.

Which leads me to the idea, we also require some degree of planning time how those 13.5 hours are spent. How efficiently can one earn enough to account for the 10.5 hours of idle time during the other 13.5 hours.

There is quite a gap between survive and thrive.

Minimum requirements for survival, water, food, rest, release. But how much of these and in what proportion? And what must be further added to thrive? To be a better you on your way to yor best. That isn’t going to come without some resistance. Some getting your nose up to the bar and then chin over it.

What is this “bar”? I am here already, I drink when I’m thirsty, eat when hungry, rest when tired and have my own private little place to take a dump and get a shower. I should be happy, I get to guess again. Nothing has stood before me that has prevented the possibilities. So now what? Now being every moment I am having? I am surviving, but where and when and how and why does thriving come into play?

Have I already accomplished it and wasn’t paying attention? Crossed the finish line sometime back and missed it, but keep running anyway?

Can’t stop?

I thought I was going to make some argument of excess, but it turns out, it’s all just a framework for consideration. Quite easy to choose what I don’t want, have been doing that all my life. Paths untraveled, but what is it that I do want? All those paths not taken still leaves me with the path I’m on. Where does it go? Right now I think I want a floor back in my home, something firm on which to walk on. Something old and solid, taken apart, shored up and put back together, sanded smooth and finished. A DIYer, materially and spiritually.

Stop my bitching about what others do, that’s not my path.

“IT” transpires from within, and shows ITs growth through the highest creation. IT lifts others through it’s self and not for IT’s own.
“IT” lives the culmination of all other possible incarnations, creations of all that has ever been measured in the immortal chalice, that becomes eternally manifest in the immeasurable present.
“IT” is an idea that can not die, because IT is always being born.

Grace, this IT that is manifest. This IT that IS.

Yet IT still can’t get the fucking printer to work right.

Roger that.

That’s why the DIY.
I am fairly good with tech.

Snarl, and if that doesn’t work, hit it with a hammer…
Or try a fresh ink cartridge.

I got nothing to say but that.

So I find I do have something to ask: why the anthropomorphized god, why not just being. The all and the everything? The mystery and the madness? Why does it have to be some god that created it, a who? The Universe itself blinking in for what ever cosmic reason. Think about how it evolved, as if IT knew what IT was doing through trial and error alone IT figures it out. The dispersal of matter, it’s reintegration into masses larger and larger, parts of a whole. Pieces of it all lumping back together.

And on a distant rock the right distance from a star having gathered a satellite, life bloomed from the most unlikely protein strands brought together by chemistry. It survives it adapts it evolves. Revolving around a sun and being revolved around by a moon. The earth is warmed the seas rise and fall, and life grows, it adapts it evolves. Another trip around the sun, more revolutions of it’s moon, and life spreads. It takes a foot hold here and another there. Why do we have to think of it as a being with powers to create? What can’t it just be IT, growing, adapting evolving?

I hang my philosophy upon IT, IT’s successes and failures, IT’s trials. IT’s evolution has a direction. I will hang my philosophy on IT’s course, IT’s path.

The Course

Toward complex, toward interaction, toward balance, toward intelligence, IT reaches and it does this not through omniscience but trial and error, failure and success. This does not seem like it knows what it is doing, but learning just the same. Has it made mistakes, yes, branches die off. Does it repeat those mistakes? From a single cell, budding, to sexual reproduction and the first notions of love. Protecting it’s own offspring. From a single cell, to plants and animals. Plants feeding from sun light and animals feeding from plants, in a balance, raising life up in ever more complex ways. Catastrophic clashes, two steps forward one step back, perseverance, stepping forward despite it’s mistakes and against the odds. The Earth changing as it moves forward. Continents formed, continents split apart. Cooling and warming, rainy and dry.

Towards a cooperation, independent of the participants individual awareness. Waste-less, recycling, renewing, IT marches on. Dependent and independence, reaching up, and moving forward. More and more difference in the participants with larger and larger populations. Living in the soil, living in the oceans, living on land, and flying the skies. Diverse solutions to the same problems of survival and continuance. Interacting, assisting, instinctual, working together without reasoning, without favor, without compassion, a cooperation without cooperating. An insect drawn to a plants scent and coloration to aid in the plants reproduction without knowing. The plant growing to provide an animal with food without thinking, a cooperation without cooperating.

Awareness developing in IT’s parts, curiosity, insight, and intuition. All of IT nature, from a single cell to multi cellular, from a single star to a nebula, natural. Raising itself up, in ever more complex ways, relentlessly, toward an intelligence. Competing with itself to keep it in balance without waste. Energy conservation, exploration of niches, costs, IT moves forward and along a path. Adaptations both succeeding and failing driving itself along, problem solving as it moves along through trial and error; a strange isolation onto a singular rock. Development in isolation and in cooperation without a knowing of it. Toward complexity, toward life’s survival and it’s evolution, it’s adaptation, raising itself up.

Value intrinsic, is it’s balance. The parts and pieces working together long before we got here, and will be, if we allow it, and if we don’t, it will be something yet imagined. Reborn in every opportunity.

That’s it. Show up before me and you’ve got my respect, until we’ve proven otherwise. Living with it.

A being in and of it. I gotta learn how to relax, and as Lennon-McCartney put it… Let IT Be.

Beware of garbage, as it relates.to the
the awareness of it:

youtu.be/y96M38mJgIo

Forgive Mowk, the length of the video may somewhat of a challenge, however it’s worth a look, in part to it’s significance in terms that allude awareness to more primal understand ing then the appreciation for the pasting of the potential for phenomenal reductive erosion.

Parting shot: this conclusion needs a lot of expletives even in terms of a self induced understanding.

So please do not blame me for a need to understand myself, in this way, it consists of my effort at self conscious continuance that may be ommitted, (objectively), at the same time, without. coming to the conclusion that it is merely for mine eyes only.

It just demonstrates the idea that touching on the periphery of any issue of problem , invites the dynamic machinery underneath that brings other formulations into at least subliminal relationships.

I’ll be sure to try to do that.

But perhaps, it is actually, for your eyes only. And that if one’s own house is not so clean lets not be looking for dirt in others. I do not wish to tell you how to clean your floor. I have nothing to sell. It is such a fine example of “your shit stinks” and because I use this “product” mine doesn’t. Meno_ your shit smells fine to me. I can not be sorry you find mine so offensive.

And I am glad You do not let a pejorative viewpoint smell.
That is why I believe in reinvention rather then merely repetition of the same old same old.

Thanks for allowing me that!

Sorry for the format change, it was a mistook.

Your view point of my musing, does at times appear pejorative. I remind myself in those moments why I like your thinking. I believe I dislike most your attitude that you have something I have just got to learn. I learn a lot my friend, just not the things any ‘one’ seems so insistent on learning me. A demonstration of a thing to learn if often a far better teacher. I’ll not teach you how to scrub your floors… you have your own attention to the details to deal with. Spend more time on Donald Trumps floors if that will get your floors any cleaner. Do you really believe you have reinvented anything? It does not appear so from this perspective, my bad, but you’ll learn that on your own or you won’t. For your eyes only. You are blameless and without tarnish in the only eyes that matter. Mine eyes are unimportant to anyone but me as I am the only one seeing through them or not. Can you forgive my insistence on being such an idiot?

That’s my line since I first came here.

No it is not for instructional purposes, just that connective sources come up, which help to clarify the background to what we are talking about.
I am no greater man, in spite of Your Preception that I have been more around the block.

This is a big problem with me, and it is entirely my fault
Again Your logic has not really gotten to the point of complete reversal, as I am ashamed to truthfully put the fault with myself.

At any rate, it is the narcissistic vampire vampire within which creates this optical effect, believe me.