The Psychology of the Other..

Inbreeding produces genetic issues, unless you are breeding for specific traits and you do not mind them. Then it is counter-productive.
Females sample sperm, to compensate for environmental shifts. Their promiscuity is motivated by superior genes, within a given environment.
Evolution does not work to preserve traits, but to mix them up so as to allow for any environmental shift.

You are arguing for race mixing.
Nature does not care to preserve intelligence. If stupidity offers an advantage then it is propagated.
Look around you?
Stupidity does, indeed, offer an advantage, in this age.

Nature uses a simple but a tried method. Trial and error. Mixing offers a variety that has a hope of preserving one, or two successes.

Mulatto do not perform higher than Caucasians. As expected they perform higher than Negroes and lower than Caucasians.
Otherwise all the geniuses would be of mixed genes…and none are.
The genetic advantages are not intellectual but in the area of resistance to parasites and diseases.
Nature is about multiplicity, because environments fluctuate, and natural selection is about survival, not about propagating intelligence.

Breeding dogs for specific traits, requires some degree of in-breeding.
In nature this is done through culling. But environments change making new traits advantageous to the ones that were in previous environments.

More stressful environments promote different traits; less stressful environment let them atrophy and promote other traits.

Humans can produce their own environment, contrary to natural ones. This makes the traits that were fit in nature, be useless or even detrimental to the fitness in the human environment.
Genes Memes

You separate humans from animals too much. Much of humanness is animalness. We are only separated by sentience and construction ability. If you truly look at human and other animal species without prejudice of sentience, you would see more. Study all without the thought of superior and inferior. Think planet.

If we are One, Other is an illusion.

duplicate

Or energies

what the hell are you reading these days, man?

if you keep saying profound shit like this you’re going to force me to sell all my stuff and join a commune of avant garde artists in vermont.

For some, the closer they get to oblivion, the more comforting stuff like that becomes.

And God knows I’d like it to comfort me.

Cue Pascal?

Lol

Dowd’s “Thank God For Evolution.”

Yes. Dowd believes that once we see that we and everything else came from “The Emergence” (Big Bang) circa 14 billion years ago, and evolved from there up to now, so that everything is seen as coming from a common source, it changes our psychology to see that, we’re One, and Other is an illusion.

Yes critters, for example, are Other. But they and we and all the It that there is, has the same ancestry. Therefore Other is an illusion. That’s the way, in a nutshell, Dowd sees it.

Wow. Just wow.

Can’t believe you got 2 pages out of “content to follow.” =D>

I’ve done it all wrong for so many years.

Anyway, hi mags, kris, arc. I feel like a brontosaurus that left jurassic park only to return a million years later and find all the dinosaurs still alive. 8-[

Nice to see you all still posting.

All thing in time Tab. That iron is cooool.

Hi Tab… your recent appearance here has been a pleasant surprise, but I draw the line at being called a dinosaur. :-s

:laughing:

Do you ever stay on-topic with me? You seem to like to find enemies where there are none… is it in your fiery-blood to do so? Me… I only find enemies where there are some.

Don’t you have a boat to sail or fish to catch, somewhere?

Mags, my record with you is an open book. Any one can form their own opinion. I’ve been hard on you, sure. Cream needs a little churning to turn to butter. I’ve told you I’m sorry for crossing the line. But let’s face it, you haven’t let it go either. Open record. You have my quarter. I have not brought your family in to it, they are not members here to speak for themselves. The two partners I am aware of here that are both member, I’ve seen you play against each other. I’m going to continue churning until the cream turns. Give me reason, show some butter.

Look at your own floor. Clean your own closet. You are dirty up to your elbows, at the very least, and aren’t nearly as clean as you claim.

I drink, I smoke, and I bitch, and everyone knows it, and those are my my ‘good’ qualities.

My response to Tab was on topic.

There is nothing to churn.

When DNA construction of all cells, organs and organisms is from its own substance, how could there be something other? All life has the same chemical heritage. We are all products of hydrogen in stars. The Am. Native who reveres “all my relatives” is praising the oneness of all life, not excluding matter from which life emerges. Religions that teach the Oneness of all things seldom teach violence. The idea of an individual as an isolated entity causes the conflicts that result in war.

The bible is made of words, the Koran is made of words. The words themselves are not in conflict, the overall message they convey, is.

We, and our dna, I suppose is indeed made from that oh so popular stardust as you say. However, once stardust is combined into different forms of matter, then the base matter becomes invisible, inconsequential, and the novel pattern it is absorbed into becomes the focus, and it’s ability, or lack, to persist in the enviroment in which it finds itself. The enviroment is finite, as are the resources necessary for the pesrsistance of the discreet and different patterns existing within it.

To a singular pattern of matter, all is ‘other’ and conflict inevitably arises. There is only one choice, nothing at all, or conflict. The other may ally itself with you for a while, but only for as long as it’s needs are served by yours. To behave in the assumption of anything else is suicide, slow or fast.

Even at the very foundations of the universe there is energy concentrated into form or order, and entropy. No conflict there, but definitely a divison, an otherness.