How to become Ubermensch?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: How to become Ubermensch?

Postby Anomaleigh » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 pm

promethean75 wrote:
Such is his amelioration, not a stalwart reification of obsequiousness.

Woah woah woah. Why does this reification of obsequiousness have to be stalwart? why?

Don't ask me, I was attempting to beat Meno at his own game.
I thought of the most obscure, esoteric words I could think of, then randomly strung them together in order to confound Meno.
Instead he comes back at me with like 20 paragraphs.
That guy is too much.
Anomaleigh

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Anomaleigh wrote:
promethean75 wrote:
Such is his amelioration, not a stalwart reification of obsequiousness.

Woah woah woah. Why does this reification of obsequiousness have to be stalwart? why?

Don't ask me, I was attempting to beat Meno at his own game.
I thought of the most obscure, esoteric words I could think of, then randomly strung them together in order to confound Meno.
Instead he comes back at me with like 20 paragraphs.
That guy is too much.

No offence.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:47 am

Tupac_Amaru_Shakur wrote:What does one have to do to become Nietzsche's Overman? Every single time I read about this, I don't find a concise and normal, concrete, approachable explanation. It seems as if all these Nietzschean philosophers write about everything, except this - and even when they do write, It's just so cloudy and confusing. So, I want to know - how to become Ubermensch? Give me a step-by-step instruction, manual whatever. Thank you.

Just do what you want and don't give a fuck.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Anomaleigh wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:The Superman is not a man as we know it. He's not a great or "higher" man. He's not a Napoleon or Caesar. He's not some amalgamation of characteristics picked and chosen from great men in history. He's not even one of Nietzsche's "creating ones." He doesn't necessarily go through the phases in Zarathustra (camel/lion/child).

Everything in TSZ is about creating ones literally sacrificing themselves (like Nietzsche nobly did) for the future of the Superman. There's something about this sacrificing of noble men that will bring about the Superman. Nietzsche(as far as I know) never says HOW the Superman will come into being.

If N only defined the Ubermensch negatively, by what he's not, then he's nothing, just like N's philosophy.

Thats incredibly dumb.
I bet you did that on purpose. No one is actually as dumb as all that. Not in this place. I refuse to believe.

Non sequiturs are such a good troll tool.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Tupac_Amaru_Shakur wrote:What does one have to do to become Nietzsche's Overman? Every single time I read about this, I don't find a concise and normal, concrete, approachable explanation. It seems as if all these Nietzschean philosophers write about everything, except this - and even when they do write, It's just so cloudy and confusing. So, I want to know - how to become Ubermensch? Give me a step-by-step instruction, manual whatever. Thank you.

Well, you need to also want the right things tbf.

Like if all you want is eat monkey faeces, and then go on to do that, it doesn't make you an Uebermensch.

So how do I put this - an Uebermensch would have a tremendous imagination, meaning a tremendous scope and depth of will.
Imagination and will are more or less the same, except seen from different angles.

So an Übermensch might for example want to build a palace to one of his wives on the moon Titan in order to arouse her in a special way, and manage to accomplish it, and sleep with that wife in that palace and get her in the state he imagined for her before construction began.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Faust » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:There is a new book out called "The Ubermensch for Dummies".

This book might just be as good as any of the other books which you feel would show you the way!

This is not only funny, it's a brilliant book idea.
Faust
Unrequited Lover of Wisdom

Postby Meno_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

An Uber mensch is someone who can read -'The Black Prism' by Brent Weeks and not have to go to the bathroom twice , in one sitting.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:54 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:

Well, you need to also want the right things tbf.

Like if all you want is eat monkey faeces, and then go on to do that, it doesn't make you an Uebermensch.

So how do I put this - an Uebermensch would have a tremendous imagination, meaning a tremendous scope and depth of will.
Imagination and will are more or less the same, except seen from different angles.

So an Übermensch might for example want to build a palace to one of his wives on the moon Titan in order to arouse her in a special way, and manage to accomplish it, and sleep with that wife in that palace and get her in the state he imagined for her before construction began.

What if he were eating monkey shit for that same reason? I think you can tell when you're an ubermench when you're doing what you want and no one can stop you. That's just what I think and I'm pretty much just pulling that out of my ass but still...
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm

"What if he were eating monkey shit for that same reason? "

I fail to see the path from eating monkey shit to completing a palatial building project on Titan?
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby perpetualburn » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Anomaleigh wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:The Superman is not a man as we know it. He's not a great or "higher" man. He's not a Napoleon or Caesar. He's not some amalgamation of characteristics picked and chosen from great men in history. He's not even one of Nietzsche's "creating ones." He doesn't necessarily go through the phases in Zarathustra (camel/lion/child).

Everything in TSZ is about creating ones literally sacrificing themselves (like Nietzsche nobly did) for the future of the Superman. There's something about this sacrificing of noble men that will bring about the Superman. Nietzsche(as far as I know) never says HOW the Superman will come into being.

If N only defined the Ubermensch negatively, by what he's not, then he's nothing, just like N's philosophy.

Many theologians only defined God by what it's not, not by what it is.

I was saying what the Superman isn't based on my reading of N, because apparently no one in this thread besides Fixed Cross has even read TSZ. The Superman IS the lightning (per TSZ). He IS the meaning of the earth and the meaning of man. He IS a new species of man. He IS the "stillest and lightest of all things". He IS beautiful ("the beauty of the Superman came to me as a shadow).

But he's not a god. But like a god he's greater than man. "he is that sea; in him can your great contempt be submerged" So he's a "sea" in which we can submerge ourselves and he's the lightning that inoculates us (against wretched self-complacency and perhaps even death?).

I'm also wondering the about the connection between the "Self" and the Superman.

"Thy Self laugheth at thine ego, and its proud prancings. “What are these prancings and flights of thought unto me?” it saith to itself. “A by-way to my purpose. I am the leading-string of the ego, and the prompter of its notions.”

Man to the Superman is similarly a "laughing-stock." But the self wants to create beyond itself.. does it also desire to be a bridge to the Superman?

But the Superman being a new species of man doesn't necessarily mean he is any less wholly human(as a new "species"), or that he's imperishable (like some omnipotent god...but being perishable doesn't mean one is any less eternal)... Nor can we assume he wouldn't be subject to the vicissitudes of love (Another important question is the relationship between EROS and the Superman....Especially how TSZ is full of "Longing" for the Superman)

So we can gather from TSZ that the Superman does not yet exist, but Zarathustra certainly has various premonitions/dreams/visions of the Superman... For if the Superman does not yet exist, how can Zarathustra even say he's the lightning, the sea, a shadow etc etc.

Zarathustra also says we can not become the Superman: " Not perhaps ye yourselves, my brethren! But into fathers and forefathers of the Superman could ye transform yourselves: and let that be your best creating!—" N seems to be envisioning a long protracted generational chain of men willing/creating/perishing for the future of the Superman (marriage and friendship are means).

But who would perish for the future of the Superman if he himself didn't experience some sort of vision of the Superman?

The creative man builds himself up/climbs higher and higher, becomes "pregnant" a "dark cloud" on the heights, get closer/more in touch with that which he loves, suffering/longing reaches a precipice...this begs the lightning which is both a source of destruction/inoculation. Man is destroyed but returns again and again (eternal return). But never becomes the Superman. Man in a sense is both Semele and Dionysus but not Zeus.

"
"He moved through bosom of the heavens, flashing with lightning, and unwillingly husband Zeus the lightning-gather fulfilled the request of his bride. He went towards Semele holding in his sorry hand the bridal spark of the marriage-stealing thunderbolt. The chamber was lit up with lightning. Ismenos glittered and all Thebes sparkled with the breath of fire" -Nonnus
As a pillar of rising smoke did my angel condescend and appear, standing without reserve on the exhausted banks of infinite sorrow.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/f6-agora
perpetualburn

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Philosophy reappears
auspicious

the beauty of the Superman came as the shadow of death.

But the Superman being a new species of man doesn't necessarily mean he is any less wholly human(as a new "species"), or that he's imperishable (like some omnipotent god...but being perishable doesn't mean one is any less eternal)... Nor can we assume he wouldn't be subject to the vicissitudes of love (Another important question is the relationship between EROS and the Superman....Especially how TSZ is full of "Longing" for the Superman)

The superman is the image that flows forth from the realization of Flux, which is death, and to which mankind since Plato has turned his back. The Superman is the defeat of Plato, and Eros becomes from an adoring and absorbing feminine quality a discharging and impregnating masculine quality.

Eros creating beyond itself is forbear of the Superman. For man to attain to this eros is simply contingent to the failure of Plato and the forcefulness of Flux. It has to happen eventually, and our time with its explosion of technocratic prowess and unhindered assimilation of knowledges and sheer volume of humanity, number of exceptions, exception becoming the true rule is the cradle of this event.

Break on through, not to "the other side" that is a Platonic notion, unless the other side is the inside.
A breakthrough into nature.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:53 pm

All this implies a collective experience of mankind really, such a breakthrough. Not a collective result, that is definitely the issue here; the Superman is an even greater discernment of Nature of herself. That means; Judgment.

In a sense it is biblical but it goes beyond; the Superman stands beyond an apocalypse, or arises face to face with a vision of humanity, something must drive the demon man out of the temple of truth, before the superman can take place, some massive art has to be occurring for the superman to be coaxed into being.

Art the scope of which man has never imagined. Even greater than the greatest art of my own imagination. But my own is good to start with. Where are you, artist tyrants! We shall forge this kernel of sun-pride and wolf-mind and see that the future is poured correctly.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:03 am

Why the biblical notions? Because biblical is man, the bible is mankinds greatest style, and the superhumanly style must defeat, and thus confront, the biblical style.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:18 am

My stars are close and I am far from myself
My Moon is your blood-dragon
My Sun is my Brother

Scorpions line my chest
fire formed my eyes
my horns carry the Sun

Fire am I, but a cool breeze was I once
Son to a butterfly, my name splits the sky
Chaos is my bride and this earth is my child
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:26 am

Speaking on behalf of the Superman here, as far as I can hear him through the static.

I believe Perthro must be the rune of the Superman.

A womb and a riddle and a game of luck.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:41 am

Fixed Cross wrote:"What if he were eating monkey shit for that same reason? "

I fail to see the path from eating monkey shit to completing a palatial building project on Titan?

Maybe only ubermenches can see it.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:53 pm

- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:22 am

This video seems like something you'd find in the basement of a serial killer's house and no one would ever figure out what it meant.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Meno_ » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Ubermench are like Christ like figures, they have overcome the immense gap that separate self service to a will to die for others.

The only difference between Christ and antichrist is the form, but not the substance of the dynamic.

The Ubermenche is reacting to effective cause and effect, whereas for Christ, it's mainly an affective complex .

Christ defies the naturalistic fallacy, starting from ego bound variables, whereas antichrist induces the will to transpose power reversely.

But They all meet at the middle.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri May 01, 2020 12:26 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:This video seems like something you'd find in the basement of a serial killer's house and no one would ever figure out what it meant.

Thats fucking cult. You've understood it man.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri May 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:This video seems like something you'd find in the basement of a serial killer's house and no one would ever figure out what it meant.

Thats fucking cult. You've understood it man.

Lol @ both your posts.. FC gave a good counter, to M R’s proposition..

My understanding in being Ubermensch, is being confident in each and every one of one’s undertakings.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri May 01, 2020 1:21 pm

- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri May 01, 2020 1:47 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:How about this guy

https://9gag.com/gag/a3wP5m5

Man must have heard that one coming.. years of playing a sport would kinda do that to ya, in being totally intune with every sight and sound around you.

Very impressive indeed.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 pm

On the other hand its so perfect, so cool, it almost has to be fake. Like the Ronaldinho Nike commercial.

But life is better assuming its real.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue May 05, 2020 12:07 am

If he thought of this on the spot, this is basically a Uebermensch.

https://youtu.be/aZR9eyQ3140?t=683
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy