The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of God

And I love that about you!

Welcome back to ILP!

So John, I have to let you know…

James S. Saint is not here with us anymore…

He most likely died. Sorry to break that to you so bluntly.

That’s sad.

Omg James is not dead. He’s transformed into a state of pure affectance.

You mean like this?

books.google.com/books?id=2uyaD … ce&f=false

As far as I’m concerned ILP, John is a celebrity on these boards, so treat him like the royalty he deserves!

He spent 5 years to make this post … understand that level of dedication!

I always thought John was super-nice and super-awesome

That’s nice of you to say!

Well… let’s not get ahead of ourselves here! Like old times… do you want to debate me?

I’ll keep it congenial.

Of course, I will debate you and everyone else!

I love it!

So here’s the deal John…

Let’s not start easy.

The only Omni-State that anyone in existence cares about is:

Omni-Benevolence

Nobody cares about the other ones!

Now, as you stated in our prior thread (which I thought was brilliant!) “our suffering in this life may not compare the the sufferings god can wrought upon us” (so we shouldn’t complain)…

Absolutely true by the way!!

The question I pose you then… could it be even better?

Why do you think God is not omnibenevolent?

Because it’s possible to create an existence where nobody’s consent is ever violated!

Pretty simple.

Are you sure about that?

Do you believe in evolution?

Why not? But, like I stated before, if god has the powers to make life worse than this at will (borrowing one of your quotes from 5 years ago) then god certainly has the power (even given evolution) to make it better, right?

Or not right?

Depends on the extent to which God interferes with evolution. Evolution is the process by which humanity is created and that process creates a great deal of suffering. Why don’t you blame evolution for human suffering?

I’m an atheist John, who was hit by a freight train by the spiritual world 12 years ago! I was dragged into the spirit world “kicking and screaming”

I know gods exist. I’ve seen their VAST powers directly!

But what about THEE god? No. Such a being has not been born yet.

So that’s where I’m coming from in this debate.

Do you mean that it’s impossible for god to create evolution without involuntary suffering?

Is that your stance?

Yes, that’s right.

Read #1 of OP. Understand the idea of everythingness.

God’s power to create is uncaused. That means that God has no choice over the building blocks for the universe.

Well, let me tell you a story then!

When you look into a mirror, you see a non-sentient reflection.

What is a hyper-dimensional mirror?

A fully reflected immersive reality!

It’s impossible to even hurt a microbe, a plant or an atom… because they are all reflected from platonic (eternal) forms as templates.

Now, in your current “mindsphere”, you think we must suffer to evolve on someone else’s terms besides our own terms over the course of infinite life. This is factually not true

Comment and ask more!

God’s power to create is uncaused. That means that God must use the building blocks He has. Read #1 and understand everythingness.

I just gave you the building blocks god has at disposal, they actually exist and are better than this world life.

So let me ask you this again:

Since you obviously believe god can always make life worse, is it against your belief that god can make life better?