The Fourteen Cosmological Arguments for the Existence of God

Well… if you don’t agree with ANYTHING that I said, that’s the end of this discussion!

The non existence of non existence HAS to be existence.

The existence of existence HAS to be existence.

If you cannot use basic logic on a truth table, we can’t discuss that further. I was hoping you’d discuss it further.

Let me offer you this: existence requires otherness in order to be or to be abstracted by any possible being.

Let’s work with omniscience for a moment:

1.) If you know every reason why everything occurs and all of those reasons are outside of you, then there is no “you” to abstract … which is non being (lack of otherness)

2.) if you know every reason why everything occurs and all of those reasons are internal, then you know no reason why anything is outside of you (again, lack of otherness) - which is non-being!

What this all means is that Omni-states are impossible!

If a being knows some things and not others, it doesn’t have an omni-state!

Not something is only that - not something. Non-existence of existence or not something has nothing to do with absolute nothingness. Absolute nothingness is not constrained by the concept of somethingess in physical reality. You’re mixing apples with oranges. It is not a logic violation, but a fundamental misunderstanding between absolute nothingness and physical reality. Absolute nothingness is not at all related to physical reality. Like I said, absolute nothingness is the state of existence where God is not real (from the perspective of the theist).

God is not made of parts and not subject to time. There is no external and internal to God. God is not in a PLACE. God is uncaused with an uncaused power to create physical reality. God is mysterious, but God does not have a mind that operates in time.

“There is no external and internal to god?”

Every being that can possibly exist has an external and internal.

Let me show you what you’re doing with language…

“JohnJBannan, who replies to my posts exists in no way”

Do you understand that what you can say and the actual don’t always occur?

How about this sentence?

“We’re all in heaven”

I can go on and on with sentences like these…

Just because you can combine words… doesn’t make it true!

God is uncaused. This means God does not have parts else He would be made of those parts. A thing without parts cannot have an internal and external. Those qualities require parts. In its most simple composite, it would require an inside and outside, which are parts. Read #8. God not being made of parts does not have even an inside and outside. Reality consists of the uncaused God and any physical reality God causes and sustains in existence.

If I was a SMART theist!!! I’d tell you that god is nominal (has a name and position), but you deny this about god! I’m going to be straightforward to you…

You are insane!

Otherness is required of all beings!

You’re arrogance that god is and is not otherness is the worst “thought crime” I can imagine.

You have to follow the logic of the cosmological arguments. Sure, God is mysterious. But, real nonetheless. It’s not insanity to believe in God. It’s accepting the truth the logic of the cosmological arguments prove to you. You really ought to read #12. Understand that something has to be UNCAUSED. So, what is uncaused? I can knock out infinite regress, so that leaves God as the best explanation.

This is a merely semantic argument; “god creates, so what created god?”

From your perspective, “ god is uncaused”

So what caused or uncaused the uncaused?

It’s not semantics. Read #12. Something has got to be uncaused, or we wouldn’t be here but there would be nothing. The only question left is what is uncaused?

Easy. !!! Platonic forms are uncaused. Otherwise known as “eternal forms”

God did not create a triangle. Triangles have always existed ! God or no god, triangles have always existed. Beyond space and time.

A triangle is an idea. An idea only resides in a mind. Where’s the uncaused mind containing the triangle idea?

Does the triangle have a mind? The triangle transcends god. God will never be greater than a point, a line or a triangle. The idea that you think an intelligent being is greater than this is absurd.

A triangle is an idea. Where do ideas reside? In minds.

Oh, so you’re a solipsist now?

You can’t perceive that which doesn’t already exist.

Like I stated before… a triangle is greater than god.

God did not invent platonic forms, god relies upon them (otherness) to perceive its existence in the first place.

All eternal forms are not sentient, and they are greater than any possible sentient being !!

The idea of a triangle resides in my mind. That’s why I can perceive it. That’s not solipsism.

That’s exactly what solipsism is! It has no reality outside your observation/perception.

I already gave you this disproof of omniscience:

If everything comes from you, then there is no “outside”, “otherness” with which to distinguish yourself from… which means that YOU cannot exist.

Oh my John, what a difference a half decade can make!

I’m not even remotely close to the same person you debated back then!

Let’s keep it going!

Sock-puppet much?

Sad times, mad times, but not glad times, but yawn times, because you could do better in Class times… but you didn’t. Uh oh!

Solipsism is the belief that the self is all that can be known to exist. It is not the belief that ideas exist only in a mind.

Ahh… the self-unobservant troll formulating words in some random combination.

You know, you could even be less troll-like and state which of the two of us you directed that at!!

Just slightly less troll-like!

Your cooking recipes are good though!

You know, the funny thing about people who believe in god, is that EVERYTHING is the MIND of god! (Omniscient - knows all) (omnipresent- pervades all) (omnipotent - not only caused but DOES everything!)

Read #1. You’ll understand why that is.