Are You Depressed?

Yes, it is an emotion. It’s related to sadness, the same way irritability is related to anger. Cousins are family, right? Sorry to November Rain down on your parade.

You’re right about the normal spectrum and the variance. It does seem to persist. But nobody is just one state forever. That’s not to make light of those who have to endure those structural elements.

People who say they are the reverse, they are happy, are not happy all the time, either. What lies beneath the surface is some degree of suffering for everyone. So I’ve perceived.

Its like a cell for the substance which otherwise would be emotion - moving, a kaleidoscope, the one side of the coin of which the mind is the other. I don’t mean to call your words Lies. But I do have appetite for the destruction of inaccuracies.

You’ve perceived everyone, eh?
(Canadian “eh”)

But yeah. Anyone who claims he’s only ever always positively feeling glad is likely a psychopath or has an emotional intelligence of a turd.

…but did you watch the video, Fixed?

I came across it waaaaay after the fact, but such information can be affirming/confirming, to our already existing knowledge-base. I can see/understand why my mind manifested some thoughts, but not all of those thoughts… it felt like an evolutionary need, enforced upon the self by the self… think/do or die.

No I actually missed that video, watched it now.
True enough, of course.
Basic silence, watching-thoughts-pass-by meditation releases whatever is in the subconscious to the consciousness almost like paint coming off of the walls.
It can be anything, it will usually be stuff charged with all kinds of emotions and instincts, as it has been stored up there since birth or before.

I had a 4 year backlog of buffered thoughts to process, Myself… not a situation I thought I’d ever find myself in, but knew I had to work on getting them (sorted) out/out of my mind, but when I experienced the aspect of mind that is covered in that video… that is what pushed me through the bottleneck of stream of thoughts, out into the wider ocean of instant automatic updating… to a place of minimal effort, for maximal effect.

What I got, when I typed in ocean of thought.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtVJMnTZkfo[/youtube]

It makes sense that that notion would push one through the bottleneck.

Allowing oneself to feel pain without feeling guilty (for negatively thinking about the perpetrator who may be seen by society as a saint) can be a great breakthrough.

what
the actual condition is a literal depression of brain activity
mayoclinic.org/tests-proced … g-20007400
depressed people often report that they feel nothing, like watching paint dry
sadness is actually a step up for someone who really is depressed

I mean, exactly.

The dude sounded like he figured he knew a lot about clinical psychology but this is rather elementary.

Even if I have a banana just once a week, I’ve noticed that my mood is much more elevated throughout that week… I can’t stomach bananas for any more than that, but it seems that that is all one needs.

Citrus and pineapple are also beneficial fruits, of which can be added in food and drinks, and therefore add their nutritional value to mealtimes and drinktimes.

So… anything that ceases the nervous system being depressed will alleviate depression, and anything that causes the NS to be or become depressed will cause depression.

Eating clean, eating easily-digestible foods, light exercise, and regular detoxes, will all aid in that and lead to lower cortisol levels… high cortisol levels, being at the core of long-term illnesses and weight gain etc etc etc… so the bane and basis of all illnesses.

Sometimes I just let my thoughts flow freely through my mind like smoke wafting through space
Other times my OCD will trigger angry thoughts [ or vice versa ] and I find it hard to let them go

But very slowly over time I have managed to reduce the intensity and frequency of such thoughts
I would like them to disappear completely but any improvement is helpful so should not complain

Sometimes I feel that I am in control while other times I feel that my mind is in control
So I do not think I always have control but I have learned the hard way to just let it be

I recently discovered that reading is rather like meditation in that it requires isolation and calm and focus
And even though I have been reading for most of my life I was never able to made that connection before

I feel mental connections like these opening up in my mind very naturally and spontaneously
While at the same time being freed from the mental shackles that bind me to this existence

Those videos look quite interesting so I shall watch them to see if any insight can be gained
But even if none can I will probably acquire knowledge that I did not already possess before

not sure what possessed our society to make us believe that we’re supposed to feel good

I think its not so much feeling good which is perfectly natural but feeling good all of the time which is simply impossible

Deliberately changing it from a need- to a desire-culture had much to do with it.

This good feeling that is propagated is a banal self-satisfaction.
There are so very many ways of feeling good, and that advertised one isn’t really working for me, ever.
Ive had it, its okay, its smug. Its money and sex related. Its a sort of tense relaxation, a feeling of being a valued part of a well oiled machine.
Ive had so much good feels however that I am simply bored by the standard ways and prefer to move through pain so as to discover new goods…
nature, discovers a new good feeling every spring, every spring is different. No spring ever is prepackaged.

Am I depressed? No.

Have I ever been depressed? Very rarely.

What does depress you then? Injectables and other people… in that order, lol.

It is up to the individual how they want to feel… be it, to feel good or to feel bad… or does society and government want to even own that from the individual now?

The crows are calling, and breakfast… with them.

I got very depressed this morning.

I found that Bill Gates is planning to mass inject covid19 vaccine recipients with a personal tracing cell, that will be able to account for everyone’s whereabouts.

Brave new world future shock here we go.
He did appear on tv to soothe nerves, but who knows about people that protest too much?

That reminded me about Eisenhower’s warning about the danger that the military-industrial complex posed for American democracy, as well as the other chickens coming home to roost, among them:

The Warren Investigation whitewash, the Watergate, the Pizzagate, the Red scare, the Dome scandal, MM’s something’s gotta give, Mommy Dearest, whatever happened to Baby Jane? - , who dared call it a conspiracy, now this, -the swamp, the Russian interference in elections, the China virus, are there really aliens among us?, area 54, is Jesus coming back to save us in the last days? Nostridamus, & what if he was right? Apocalypse, the Doomsday clock, will anyone be able to afford that coming trip to Mars?, Was the moon landing a hoax? Was Epstein murdered because he could not have taken his life since he had too much to live for? Is the gay agenda infiltrate bastions if manhood such as the boy scouts and the US marine core? & other unassamabke goodies.

Who wouldn’t feel depressed?

I got very depressed this morning.

I found that Bill Gates is planning to mass inject covid19 vaccine recipients with a personal tracing cell, that will be able to account for everyone’s whereabouts.

Brave new world future shock here we go.
He did appear on tv to soothe nerves, but who knows about people that protest too much?

That reminded me about Eisenhower’s warning about the danger that the military-industrial complex posed for American democracy, as well as the other chickens coming home to roost, among them:

The Warren Investigation whitewash, the Watergate, the Pizzagate, the Red scare, the Dome scandal, MM’s something’s gotta give, Mommy Dearest, whatever happened to Baby Jane? - , who dared call it a conspiracy, now this, -the swamp, the Russian interference in elections, the China virus, are there really aliens among us?, area 54, is Jesus coming back to save us in the last days? Nostridamus, & what if he was right? Apocalypse, the Doomsday clock, will anyone be able to afford that coming trip to Mars?, Was the moon landing a hoax? Was Epstein murdered because he could not have taken his life since he had too much to live for? Is the gay agenda infiltrate bastions if manhood such as the boy scouts and the US marine core? & other unassamabke goodies.

Who wouldn’t feel depressed?

I wouldn’t say there’s anything choleric about your temperament.

What would you have him down as, then?

What’s your temperament, Magnus?

There is no such thing as “extraverted philosopher”. Philosophers are, by definition, introverts. And whoever is active on this board (either as a reader or a poster) is at the very least interested in philosophy to such an extent that they cannot be anything other than an introvert.

Both me and FC are rather interested in philosophy, so both of us have introverted personalities.

There is also no such thing as “choleric introvert”. Cholerics are by definition extraverts. The quoted definition from several pages ago states precisely that.

Introverts are either melancholics or phlegmatics (just as extraverts are either cholerics or sanguines.)

So FC is either a melancholic or a phlegmatic.

But it’s not just that philosophers are introverts, they are also predominantly phlegmatics, since phlegmatic temperament is conducive to philosophical thought.

To determine whether FC is a melancholic or a phlegmatic, one has to take into account the fact that phlegmatics are big picture (a.k.a. synthetic) thinkers and melancholics are detail-oriented (a.k.a. analytic) thinkers.

So what do you think, is FC more of a big picture thinker or is he more of an analytical thinker?

I think the answer is pretty straightforward, given FC’s attitude toward analysis.

He’s a phlegmatic, isn’t he?

Phlegmatic / choleric perhaps, which roughly translates to INTP in Myers-Briggs personality model.

As for me, I’ve done personality tests (a number of them, in fact) several times in a number of different ways and each time I got the same results. So I have no doubts about myself.

Big Five / OCEAN: O+, C+, E-, A+, N+
HEXACO: H+, E-, X-, A-, C+, O+
Holland: AISREC
Myers-Briggs: INFJ
Four temperaments: Melancholic / Phlegmatic

All of the results agree with each other (except for HEXACO result which suggests I’m an INTJ but this is because I’m T almost as much as I am F.)

(Know who else was an INFJ? Adolph Hitler.)