"Ought" Derivable from "Is"

Consent = permission for something to happen or agreement to do something.
lexico.com/en/definition/consent

Nobody should have violated Hitler’s consent?
What about other similar consent in that context?

Moral facts cannot be objective if moral relativism exists simply because they are mutually incompatible
So either objective morality exists with no moral relativism or vice versa but not together in co existence

What about psychopaths who cannot actually understand the moral difference between right and wrong ?
What about moral nihilists / amoralists who do not even accept the existence of morality / moral codes ?

There’s the mundane world where we imprison people (preferable to killing them)

And then there’s the meta concept/goal… we need to eradicate consent violation in existence as a whole so we don’t have to be bothered or annoyed with the mundane worlds (basically chaotic laws and law enforcement)

I understand in a world like this that people would be amoral or even moral nihilists … that’s how the world mostly works. In all that chaos, it’s the most comforting stance here.

To actually move through this world morally requires tremendous work and dis-ease.

It’s easier to kill than to subdue. It’s easier to break and ruin than it is to fix, build or sustain.

Ahh… but if every possible being agrees with the same thing… it’s morally objective. A lot of people haven’t been shown, so… they have the luxury of disagreeing!! No being in all of existence wants their consent violated. Not one. It’s objective. Every possible being agrees with this. Be thankful you aren’t being shown and stop being so cocky about this!

Another thing, we live forever. People who haven’t had experiences with spirit can understand this simple argument … if we ever cease to exist in the future, us being here right now is a subset of our total existence. The proof that we never die is that we’re here right now. And by “we” I mean a subjective continuity of consciousness. We’re still “us” after we die. If there was no “us” after we die, it’d be impossible for “us” to exist now. There is a great distinction between mind and brain.

The moral is; the goal of life is figuring out how to live forever, not how to die (because we don’t die) many people waste their lives here because they don’t make investments in their forever.

Every possible being does not agree morality in every possible example is objective because our minds are individual not identical
However some examples are objective but most examples will fall under the definition of subjective morality because of free will
Moral beings have the freedom to think differently to other moral beings and also change their own minds whenever they want to

Masochists definitely want their consent violated because that is what actually motivates them psychologically
The worst thing you can do to one is not violate their consent because they want disobedience not conformity

We cannot live forever in this physical body we have but what we are made from can exist forever in some altered state of existence
Nothing in Nature is ever truly wasted and at the most basic level we are energy and energy can only be transformed never destroyed
But consciousness which is what gives us our unique personalities ceases at the point of brain death so that part of us no longer exists

Yeah, I’ve heard these arguments a trillion times.

So here’s the deal. You cause no physical pain in a masochist and it will cause psychological pain (no release) that they cannot endure. But that’s just a small point. (That every possible being has a hell)

Nature is not perfect. You’re espousing a religion here that makes you comfortable.

The definition of religion is the belief that the highest possible state of consciousness sees everything as perfect and necessary. That’s what all religious people do.

I have heard your arguments a trillion times too and I am still waiting to be convinced and so too is everyone else
I never said that Nature was perfect - that is your word not mine - and I am a pragmatist and so I dont do religion
You are actually the religious one - always going on about hell - this imaginary place you claimed to have been to

Like I said, “be thankful you weren’t shown”. “And don’t be cocky about it”. But I must admit, it seems to be a law of existence that anyone not shown hell is cocky. Maybe I’m asking too much of you.

I know what it was like to be you.

You have never been to hell - stop making this ridiculous claim - no one believes this

Another ridiculous claim - you have absolutely no idea what it is like to be me - stop saying these things

Like I said in my other thread. You’re scared of living forever. You made no investments on your infinite life in this life. You wasted your life here and now you’re scared. It’s understandable.

I cannot be scared of something that is physically impossible - that is the classic definition of irrational
You make this claim all of the time but never ever provide any actual evidence - because there is none

What’s irrational is me trying to explain these things to a person like you. But, I still do it.

When everyone quits on you, I’ll still be here joking with you about your youth, and we’ll both get some good laughs. That’s the truth.

I would be scared of living forever if it was actually true but as it is not then no reason to be afraid
What a waste of mental energy my life would be if I had to worry about it so am glad I dont have to

Life doesn’t play by your rules. I learned that the hard way when I tried to destroy existence with the entire power of my spirit. We have eternal spirits whether you like it or not. It’s fine. Just ignore me. I’ll do the heavy lifting for you. Ultimately though, I can’t make your ultimate decisions for you.

As usual we are going round in circles with neither listening to the other so will leave it there as no point in carrying on
At least you are consistent but unfortunately that is the only good thing I can actually say about your ridiculous position

You really don’t get. 10’s of thousands of years people have been talking about the spiritually sighted and the spiritually blind. Explaining the spirit world to you is like explaining the color green (with definitions) to a blind person. You’re the incredulous blind person. Fine by me, you’re not ruining my life.

Were you to adapt a somewhat more credible style of communication then you might have a more captive audience
What lets you down is not merely what you say but the way that you say it so you could consider that if you want to

That’s the problem. Words don’t convey spiritual knowledge, just like they don’t convey what green is to a blind person. The way I form sentences are the best that I can do. Spiritual people look at my messages and go “duh”, non spiritual people see problems with language or concept.

Now don’t get me wrong! I’m always working on language !! Probably always will!

For example, I used to call all human sex rape, people got furious at me, so I learned recently to call the form of rape I was talking about “subtle rape”.

I evolve linguistically for sure.