Something Instead of Nothing

Dude. Read my posts please.

Imagine the positions reversed.
I haven’t ever build a porch. Imagine me telling you how I know exactly that what you’re doing when you’re building one is completely wrong.
how stupid is that?
Now imagine the majority of people who have never worn a tool belt telling you precisely how your methods do absolutely not work, and are just products of projection.

That’s the horriblest analogy I ever heard.

I’ll take this discussion to my astrology thread. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=195495

The reason astrology is quite as valid and exactly objective as physics, is that there is no part of the universe which is isolated. Over billions of years a superfine balance has been established, the nuances of which come in forces the size of quark and leptons, even smaller possibly, gluons might be affecting gluons in other quarks as well - the interconnectivity is at least as deep as we can perceive.

In this order, it is inconceivable that the rigid clockwork of the solar system does not work its way into the far less rigid orders of nervous systems.

Because its so accurate, and your attitude to astrology has been so ignorant that it horrifies.

You cant even be bothered to make a single logical inference, which means you must really be dead-set on me not having a reason that is valid enough for you to consider. It is psychologically evident like the smell of old cheese is physically evident. You do not want astrology to be true — why? Are you afraid of its powers to reveal what is perhaps best left unknown?

vocaroo.com/dkpRxwUicKt

I get that you get too agitated by being called out on your bullshit to be able to write. But Im not gonna listen to another one of your Forrest Gump emulations.

Forrest Gump was a goddamn hero you sonofabitch. Don’t you forget it.

Forrest Gump aside, let’s get this started: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=195495&start=25

Forget about it biggs… we ain’t doing the astrology debate again. It’s such a no brainer we shouldn’t have had to do it the first time.

Still, it relaxes me to go back and forth with minds that baffle me. Or minds that think things that make absolutely no sense at all to me. But minds that don’t seem to be afflicted with any, uh, “condition”.

Besides, when you are waiting for godot – to die, in other words – nothing is really off the table.

Which philosopher said life should be spent preparing to die? Was that a philosopher or one of those zen guys?

But thinking about my mortality still seizes me with the same indescribable feeling of absurdity. Really think about what that entails; dying, and never ever ever living again. Total annihilation. Like you were never even there. A cosmic blink of an eye. And it doesn’t even matter that it didn’t even matter.

This is so irrevocably fucked up you cant even call it good or bad. It’s just an absurd fact. THE absurd fact. The great leveler of all other facts.

Being optimistic, sure.

Why Does the Universe Exist?
By Derek Parfit

Suppose we could actually answer questions like this? And, if you conclude [as I do] that, in our own lifetime, the odds that we ever will are staggeringly remote, why would you waste even a minute more of your time in pursuit of them?

Exactly: Because that is just one more example of the same sort of question.

We are endowed by nature with a brain able to ask them. Some do, some don’t. And, to me, the rest is no more or no less the embodiment of dasein than the quandaries we confront in the is/ought world.

And, presuming some measure of autonomy, what can possibly be a greater mystery that minds can grapple with than these two: why something instead of nothing? why this something and not another something altogether?

If nothing else you can take some sort of comfort in knowing that until we have the answers to imponderables on this scale, the ones we pursue that are considerably more down to earth are not likely to produce answers not enveloped in that intellectual grand canyon between what we think we know about anything and all that would need to be known about everything in order to be sure of anything and everything at all.

You know, for those among us – the objectivists – foolish enough to actually believe that doesn’t matter.

Of course aren’t we all basically still in the same boat here? Because there does not appear to an explanation – scientific, philosophical, theological – for the existence of either God or of existence, this speculation in and of itself is just another manifestation of that. Especially given that we don’t know beyond all doubt if even asking and answering the questions themselves are or are not but an inherent adjunct of this overarching “causal law”.

Just like a hedonist seeks pleasure and avoids pain,
a lover of truth seeks facts and avoids contradictions.
A lover of truth may spend his or her whole life seeking truths.
This can be fueled by the hope that it is not an act of futility.

I love that message dan~

Here’s the deal:

Unceremonious dedication to non contradiction…

This is the path of the smartest. Everything else bores them. Stupid people have rites, rituals and marriage — holy places (all that bullshit!)

Smart people rise above the trash for actual meaning.

Of course in the is/ought world history is replete with the agonizing consequences of those who insisted, still insist and almost certainly will always insist that others were obligated to love the same truths that they do. Let’s call them objectivists.

You know, until we can figure out why there is something instead of nothing, we seem to be stuck with the somethingness that we have.

Shit iambiguous, I’ve explained this to you a million fucking times! I know you have me on ignore (some cowardly shit if I’ve ever seen)

Existence exists because of logic! Truth tables to be specific!

What is the existence of existence? (Existence when it’s itself) Existence… duh!

What is the non existence of non existence? (Non existence when it’s itself) Existence … duh!

Nothing remotely metaphysical there, just the most basic logic!

I actually hate you iambiguous. I’ve posted some super-genius shit since you decided to put me on ignore and you’ll never have to respond to it to expand your own mind for once in your whole fucking life.