Horizontal v vertical image uploads.. why?

It seems that ILP has a mind of its own, in that one day it uploads images correctly, and on another… sideways.

What’s up with that? what gives? why? It’s so odd.

My guess is that this isn’t ILP, at least in the sense that ILP isn’t changing images as they are uploaded. Other devices/platforms may use other queues cues for orientation, so ILP may be at fault for not being ‘smart’ in the same way.

Is the same image file displaying differently when uploaded multiple times? I see that the image is displaying correctly now, what was the fix?

EDIT: a word.

howtogeek.com/254830/why-yo … y-rotated/

This link may help with the orientation question.

PHP has some tools to rotate images based on EXIF tags that may or may not be implemented. The orientation sensor in a smart phone that takes an image tags it with the orientation of the phone when the picture was taken. PhP is likely ignoring the EXIF tag when the file is uploaded screwing up how the image is displayed.

The fix was, that I deleted the image file and replaced it with a url link instead. :smiley: My pedanticness made me do it… honest. 8-[

…and no, the image displays exactly the same… no matter how many times I upload it, so Mowk may be right… in this instance.

Thanks Mowk, I expect that’s right. The board software we’re running is pretty primitive.

_
I thought I’d try rotating the image by 360 degrees so that it would read differently once saved, and then uploading the saved file…

It worked.