Why it is so quiet on ILP

I would say some of it has to do with all the shit posts. You know the low-quality posting that has been happening here. The idiotic trolling. I mean it really is obvious why it gets quiet around here.
I also think posting walls of text is pretty pointless too - I can not be even bothered reading that, mostly when it is just the same argument that has been going on for two weeks or more - boring.
I come to the site once or twice a day, hoping for something really cool and on average I see something once or twice a week.
. . .
there are so many things that could be said.

Not sure why you responded to me personally… it’s not my thread, anyway… I find argument solely derived from presumptions assumptions and projection, irkingly unfounded… unless that route of argumentation is let be known as simply arguing from that.

Sock-puppets battling themselves… and stroking their genitals in the process, is also equally annoying, as is denial and lieing about it.

Politics straddles Peoples and Places, so is Universal/a Universal topic… as is Religion and Socio-Economics, whereas Philosophy, Science, and the Arts, are less so.

Having said all that, I think ILP active enough… the current level of activity allows posters suitable enough time to read and respond adequately enough.

I believe you have the right to freedom of expression, free expression and do not have to tolerate arbitrary expression. It only seems like I responded to you personally, and it is not my thread either. This is perhaps a perception created by some secret arrangement that is formed from a central perception. As often as arguments or reasoning draw from experience, it is difficult to remain rational in my head when thinking of inferences derived from judgments or deliberation from arguments. Most people have poor memory and tend to make judgments based on various factors and/or characteristics. However, as most people improve their ability to reason, they can begin to see why. Some people use argumentation as a strategy which I think is a little deceptive.

But the problem is that, in this age of technology, there is an unavoidable moral problem that must be addressed. Human beings, and indeed almost all animals, must be taught how to behave in the most moral and social ways.

I do understand what you are saying - it makes sense. There is still shitposting going on, however, and no, I don’t mean by you, hahaha.

There is also the sorry fact that in light of posting , yeah I’ll read Your stuff, but only thinking it’s worth it’s muster. Or maybe think the presumptions of the stuff is unfounded, or there is not much hope of waiting for any real resulting objective… Or even , I don’t think the stuff You are writings have much relevance or, in case of some, they would think ill of You because You’re such an outcast, not worthy to even have Your name mentioned in a public venue.

But these are not really indicative of any meaningful ways to cope with rejection.

The usual way to cop out of an appearent nerdy selfhood is to go back to an esoteric forum like Buddhism, where truthfully one can engage in limitless navel gazing.

And that has acquired negative associations , for philosophy has generically devolved into various, similarly outcropped optics.

And yes, I admit to feeling a little responsibility for general boredom, since a lot of symptoms of boredomisted above are self contained and unconscious denials of shared caused projections.

In my case, the weariness of living with English.as a second language gives fuel to the fire of self belittlement, when comparing myself with others having had the same difficulty, as say, Arthur Koestler, or Joseph Conrad. But they were geniuses , where i am writing only to get in touch with them, cause they never die for they are immortal.

For they are like us, they are as they always were.

Meno_, I have always enjoyed our interactions. I have also enjoyed the interactions with MagsJ. In fact, I would say that I have so far enjoyed ninety-five percent of the interactions that I have had at ILP.

What follows is just a few thoughts that came to mind for whatever reason:

Some things can be both interesting, and unpleasant, but sometimes important to all of us.

A lot of people are chronically imbalanced. I would say especially those that spend their whole day on the internet drifting from one web page to another. Forming their own opinions from the words that tickle their ears. Not taking notice of the fact that each piece of “internet fruit” they pick may have little to do with or not compliment all other pieces of fruit(figuratively).

For some: the thing that you are reading compels you to assume that it isn’t important for all of us to know. I am not on the other side of the argument here. I only wrote down my take for those who feel entitled to speak truthfully.

And for those who get angry or have locked their internal processing in a state of anger bias: in addition, one can actually think for a reason why other people’s desires don’t always match their desires.

Yes, encode_decode, I hear You loud and clear, along with fellow vampire MagsJ.

The optical situation i was referring to becomes visible again clearly, as my post , troll like, but not at all like coming from a sock puppet, appears to indicate in some sense as prevy to some referent.

So goes Your own defensive strategy of correcting wrongly perceived suggestions of excusing by exclusion, “…but not you MagsJ”

The only reason I point to this maybe misplaced observation is, because it is a prima face a demonstration of an invariable doubt arising preferentially about the truth behind the suggestion.

I am leaning toward doubt here too, and was tempted to make that analogy to something that may become a block, in certain cases of placing parenthesis within colon and semicolon signs, to keep alive some idea, the object of which may rest with presuppositions that themselves suppose some intengibles.

The prijections, with this awareness in mind, may lessen the building if rigidity -hampering future projections to a less obscure kevel, that may be interpreted as less…cutting, one might say.
…Again, such style prevails to minimize designation which is more in line with my own obsession with a ‘cut off method’ which has more accredited designation as perhaps with others.

I am not assuming a familiarity with that technique/style in others, because for one thing perhaps it has outlived it’s own momentum , and screams for more familiarity and less boundery the other.

I dont know, but such manner of. association begs for the categorical demands of less structural adherence as a far past category would require if familiarity, and appear in retrospect as some form if infintile pleasure seeking search into the unseen world of posters.

It becomes a bore only when a slight is perceived in forums when it’s intentional gravity is foundering on a primary/secondary anoulmous ground. And that is charming on a remembrance of things way past the era when such musings appear at all motivated and functionally plausable on levels other than around the turn of the 18th century. But it is still alive in a nihilistic and misunderstood era, where scientism eclipsed style, and that it’s need of a solution becomes obvious.

encode_decode, You’re the perfect simile for m I liking meaning out of the failed synthetic aspiration past, or in my mind on hold at the moment, so as to enhance a recreation without the need to signify reference and pertinent boundary among various posts.

That indication by suggesting some kind of cut-off of post by literal signs of asking a personal reference from some objectively cut off need for that, remains in a cloud if anathema.

It goes beyond doubt that an overplay of that suggestion can effect the opposite of the desired motive to begin to engage it.

I have thought about this. This could be taken a few ways. I take it to mean that you understand what I am saying and adding a little humor at the end. I have to address this, just in case I have annoyed you.

I can continue further or terminate this process and move on :laughing:

It would be great if You would continue, You fairly did understand my intent.

I have observed many misunderstandings on this forum - not any that I clearly remember between you and me - we are likely both guilty of them, however - a lot of these differences come from the variance in people’s knowledge in any given conversational situation. Interlocutors often assume their counterpart has the same level of understanding about the topics as themselves(basically the same as what you are saying in the first part of one of your last posts). Furthermore, I am always in agreeance with keeping ideas alive even if only to think about them further at a later date.

Regarding writing styles: I believe all writing styles have a justified place if placed within the right context with an intent that achieves the desired outcome - in this instance, in this thread, I have more or less achieved the desired outcome(which was not necessarily to annoy anyone(collateral damage, unfortunately)) which was to provide for an analysis of why things get quiet anywhere - a lack of stimulus usually deadens neural connections for example…which in turn explains that a lack of stimulus is not motivation to rekindle any past excitement among peers.

Whilst I have taken a break to partially pursue recreational interests, my thoughts and work have never ceased. My latest work includes generalization pertaining to communication and understanding. I have managed to build an automatic system of inferences into software that uses “a principle” of generalization. More on this some other time.

I see how at first sight it may have seemed as if I was directing my initial comment more fully at MagsJ. I used her post as a stepping stone - my own doorway into the conversation. I did this because I liked what she posted:

I particularly like the question “Don’t no-one know how to philosophise…no more…?”

…and even though what I wrote may have contained what looked like a defensive strategy, I was actually attempting to clarify what I was saying if I recall correctly. As I have previously stated people have poor memory and that would include myself since I see myself as part of the set of people; By poor memory, I DO NOT suggest that we so easily forget EXERYTHING. I propose that we all discard fragments of conversation in favor of generally adding to our overall efficiency as an intelligent being. We assume it is safe to discard certain fragments because we also presume we are talking to another intelligent creature. It is at this point we can see a potential for misunderstandings.

When what you don’t say becomes as important as what you do say…but usually we are limited by an aspect of time…self-imposed or otherwise.

I am claiming that some of the features of conversation, thinking, and understanding I refer to happen at a subconscious level alongside conscious decisions to make it so; Conversely, a lack of features also comes about this way.

Clear enough is that everyone, most everyone, is in desperate lack of energy and hope.

The result of following state-sanctioned narratives. I.e. of being the dumbest species ever to disgrace this planet.

Parasites be like; okay as long as they’re voluntarily giving it away, we’ll keep manifesting to slurp it up.

Well 4 me the last of 2020 and these first few months of 2021 have been a blast, for a few reasons I’m sure of:

I haven’t made less than $50 an hour and have maintained an average of about $80 an hour, during this time.

I get to wear a mask which makes me feel like a bandit.

I still haven’t got my welfare check of 1,400 yet. I’ll be in like the last batch of recepients and might not get it for months to come. But I still stand by my refusal to willingly participate in a flagrant disregard for the indebtedness our chirlren’s chirlren’s chirlren’s of the future. I will have no part in passing down such a burden and siding with the Biden and the chicoms while they attempt to destroy this great nation.

actually I probably should keep the check though because when I became a nihilist I tossed all my principalities out the window.

im feeling pretty strong. i think im about to be granted a pardon.

…and…a lack of stimulus usually deadens neural connections…
…a rabbit hole not worth going down…
…and if people are not optimistic and lack hope…
…then I guess we are screwed for the time being…
…I might go read a book while I wait for the situation to right itself…
…the following speaks for itself:

…relevant reflective process in life . . . arriving at the awareness of miraculous stupidity…

…I have hope…

for everyone!

:laughing:

…but they say life is like a merry go round…

…awaiting the second wave of miraculous stupidity…

second? wait I lost count

Hold your breath and wish upon a star and if You are a kid at heart it ain’t so.

And also because the pre revolutionary aura before all the exciting things like possible stock market crashes, nuclear war, end of world scenarios with Christ coming back. the middle East in flames, biological warfare, trip to distant galaxies- Did Not Happen, leaving everyone. feeling let down and. plainly bored.

NOTHING to Say About Nothing.

Leading only same old same old profit and loss world wide since the commis are only another vestige of another ism biting the dust!

I know what will fix it - another optical illusion…or a smokescreen…you can make the choice.

:evilfun:

You can prepare that while I study these matryoshka. I wish I could help but I now have no control over this obsession.

Funny U should have thought of that, oh, not the Russian doll but the obsession.just then, I suppose, contemporously though of the defensive nature of obsessions, naturally flowing the other way, maybe as present in defensive comorbidity, anyway as a symptom of something, not a reductive attempt to generalize to the point of incomprehension

Altghough a higher mixture could, conceivably illustrate both, where one cant differentiate between the two.(illusion and-or smokescreen)

Caveat: any thing posted by meno_ should practically self destruct within a reasonable time of non compliant recognition, without notice or confusion .

I can be obsessed and still have brilliant comprehension(I am of course playing with your words and joking around). Importantly, however, I do see what you are saying.

We can not always get what we want.

:laughing: