If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

yo

blow the whistle

aw shit, here we go, my niggaz.

…an interesting choice, from Prom.

I can appreciate some rap and hophip so long as I don’t examine and judge it under the same circumstances and by the same standards that I judge more ‘serious’ music. The talent to rap is something quite different than the talent of playing some instrument.

Also note that at the invention of the music video, just as much if not more interest was shown for the personal character of the ‘artist’ as was interest shown for the music. This is especially true for the hip-hop genre because many of its ‘artists’ are/were involved in criminally illegal activity and/or are typical individuals embodying the mythological storyline of the struggling minority against all odds who makes it big. Hophip has a dramatic quality that other kinds of music don’t carry with it. It began as a social movement almost. When was the last time you saw people rally behind motley crew or Kenny g?

streamable.com/i3i9sd

youtu.be/AdFZJmRz39k

“Hi Mrs. Delano, can Gev come out and play baseball with us?”

“No he’s busy.”

(nine years later)

“Hi Mrs. Delano, can Gev come ride bikes with us?”

“No he’s still busy. He’ll come out later.”

@ 1:02 he gets into the zone, and when in the zone, the expressions on your face change because you no longer need to concentrate. The zone has you and you are no longer trying to play, no longer focusing… it’s just happening.

@ 2:35 he makes the Bruce Lee face only Asians can make when the tiger daemon temporarily takes them into possession. It is to be feared lest one present an equally formidable force against it (which is very difficult).

(edited: the dragon daemon is also a possibility here)

Can you Asian squat tho…?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJx3smIfk1U[/youtube]

youtu.be/TgqDe1syW_A

youtu.be/CirAX9ywccU

Hey that’s kinda cool. Phish did a song called first tube and then Trey did a song called last tube on a solo album (I think… haven’t looked this up yet). Similar fast tempo jams.

no way to delay that trouble comin’ everyday…

save me from the nothing I’ve become

youtu.be/PHadziRRY3c

Adrian Belew on vocals ladies and gentlemen

gonna spend the rest of their lives in San Bernardino…

youtu.be/40DlDIYZ6Oc

King Kong Itself (as played by The Mothers in a studio)

youtu.be/51FgK15qGeU

King Kong (its magnificence as interpreted by Dom DeWild)

youtu.be/bP5CNr-fm68

King Kong (as Motorhead explains it)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrLaYIdELxE[/youtube]