The Sacking of Classical Greece and Rome

static1.squarespace.com/static/ … laidis.pdf

“This blog is for articles book reviews and critiques relating to the new atheist bad history the misuse of history and the use of biased erroneous or distorted pseudo history by anti-theistic atheists the author is an atheist himself so no this is not some theist apologetic blog.”

acton.org/publications/tran … rine-nixey

Bottom line is in the degree of perversity. christianity introduced the idea that when you torture kill someone of another faith you are doing them a favour.

Isnt that the sickest thing conceivable to your minds?

Burning people alive as an expression of what is felt by the killer as his sweet baby innocence. That’s what xtianity has always shown itself as to me.

And you xtians here don’t even bother denying it. Its normal to you. Good even.

sorry for that post then felix, if he is not a liar but an atheist fighting lies then I support him. thanks for sharing and sorry for not checking that blog but assuming it is some bizarre, quackery and truth-twisting. he claims Jesus existed, I always thought he was imaginary…I need to read up on that fact some time.

what are you talking about? what does sexual deviance have to do with all this???what perversity???you mean pathology as in sadism??? and why do you use this goofy abbreviation???xtanity???
death by burning existed for thousands of years prior to Christianity.

One thing that clearly demonstrates xtianity to be a false faith, ie something people don’t actually believe in like a pagan believes, is that they’re always trying to justify their doctrine by digging up ancient “nuances”
Postmodernism. Actions don’t matter, history is fake (Jewish) , all that exists is their creeds holy confusion about itself.

The debris around it, the carnage of wrecked souls, the atrocities, all that isnt real.

I’m not going to take responsibility for all the bad shit that has been done in the name of Christ throughout history anymore than I’m going to take responsibility for enslaving black people or massacring indigenous Americans. I find it difficult enough to take responsibility for my own actions.

You actually don’t see the perversity of christianity?
I find that impossible to believe.

Don’t avoid the horror issues I’ve brought up.
Confront.

That’s exactly what I mean. The creed is one of perversity and lustful, “sacred murder” and you still honour it - naturally all Christians feel this impotence of responsibility. Wrong choices in the extreme.

A pagan never has difficulty accepting responsibility for his actions.

you are a dishonest retard…you think i will swallow your bait…you felt I put you in a corner with the overall cultural comparison and now you are shifting to avoid having to saying something concrete. you realize what pagan religion is???it is not modern day physics or some ultra-deep allegorical fable…you believe there were giants in the sky and Zeus came down and slaughtered them???or that Zeus fornicated and his children can come down and fuck your sisters and mothers and make half-God bastards to them if they desire??? you actually believe that??? what digging up of ancient nuances???what are you talking about? what carnage of wrecked souls???what the fuck are you referring to???

Those are very good, well researched and written articles. It just goes to show that a book can be well written but lacking the necessary research, like Nixey’s book. She had me going for a while.

I have already put it aside after 30% of reading and will turn to those books that are mentioned in the articles.

So let me get this straight you take responsibility for everything that pagans have done? If a pagan is human there are things difficult for a pagan to do including taking responsibility. If taking responsibility were easy then there’s no virtue in it. That’s why people constantly project avoid and evade and blame others like your hero Donald Trump.

what are you talking about? what does lust and perversion have to do with anything? who is a pagan? responsibility for what? if anything, Christians postulate that nobody will get away from paying a price for their actions…where do you get these genius insights from?

WOW Bob!!!Bob the enlightened skeptic philosopher!!!I am impressed!!!

Most of the Protestants I have conversed with are aggrieved and critical of the direction the church took especially from Constantine on. Obviously the way the church undertook censorship was not in the spirit of freedom of thought so valued by the European enlightenment and the framers of the American Constitution. But as Tom Holland brings out those values themselves evolved from Christianity.

Whilst I can understand the anger that has been especially voiced by people like Christopher Hitchins regarding Christianity, I tend to think that perversions and cruelty are found on both sides because it is a human problem rather than a matter of creed. I have no doubt that all religions have had their Taliban phase, but the people born a generation later cannot be held responsible for their predecessors, especially if they condemn the cruelty that took place then. Let alone people born millennia later. The horrors of Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and Mao’s Communism cannot be laid at the door of religion, but they are examples of ideological warfare, that have proven themselves to be far more effective in destroying the lives and traditions of their people than anything that Nixey has claimed the Christians did in her rather one-sided book.

Despite the failings of all religions at some time in history, Christianity was the force that enabled the Enlightenment, despite the fact that it turned on the Church. We can’t avoid the fact that with regard to Greek culture, after the church went through an unstable phase after coming to power, it was responsible for restoring the literature that we now refer to as the classics. Like any human being, the Church has made mistakes - because it is human.

Christopher Hitchens is a kook, his brother also spouts insane shit but from a conservative angle…some sort of odd thinking and insanity runs in that family. Its also not the case that generations cant be held accountable to what the previous generations did…that is fine and happens all the time…but its insanity to behave as if you have done the things yourself…if you are a white American, you have nothing to apologise for or feel bad about but that does not mean you must not admit what took place and think about ways to deal with it. If my father raped the neighbors’ daughters…I will not act as if I did it but I might want to show some kind of help and compassion to that family…not because I feel like I raped them but out of normal human compassion and sympathy and a desire to be in good relationships with people around you.

That is as perverse as suggesting the Jews caused the Holocaust. Christianity tries always to take credit for the work of the brave people they murdered, for the fruits of the cultures they ravaged. It’s a heartwrenchingly cruel and barren doctrine. Im not enjoying this expose, I’m always sorry to even try to make Christian’s look critically at their heritage. It’s never going to happen, as “criticism” to a Christian never occurs but after the axiom that christianity is good. That always stands beyond doubt. Which itself is a sure sign of its questionable ethics.

No true religion proclaims itself as the good. It just offers itself as a gift for those who may freely take it up.

I lay little of the blame at Jesus his own feet, much more at the Roman agents wrote the gospels, using him to extend the Caesars rule to the domain of religion. Before Christianity religious freedom was taken for granted everywhere. Still - A charismatic man of enormous claims to entitlement performing magic tricks to get people to give him their souls.

Does this not ring a bell?

Collective responsibility is a normal social reflex, sane, non-autistic humans possess but each man has his own soul and there are no collective souls so there can be no collective sin or guilt, only collective responsibility. Responsibility isn’t the same as guilt. The Germans as a nation are responsible for the Holocaust but they are not guilty of it; guilty is a qualification of being responsible, where there is a reasonable degree of awareness and meditation of what one does and what will follow. The German nation as a whole fuelled the genocidal machine but it can’t be said the whole nation knew it would end up in what ended up happening nor wanted it to be so. My great-grandmother still got half of her front teeth knocked out by an SS-man at 16 though, with which she lived till 91.