Who Is Your Favorite Ancestor?

If any. Please offer a description of the person and their situation in life, and if possible an image or quote or anecdote.

Dead people don’t matter dude, unless you have a fetish for game of thrones and/or a history of collecting comic books.

Youve expressed sentiments like that before.

Obviously I consider that to be nihilism.

And I mean REALLY don’t matter. Like you have absolutely no connection to any carbon based life form that might have carried identical genes other than the fact that those genes are identical. Those niggaz IS GONE, homes. They ain’t watching u and they ain’t waiting on u.

Ancestry worship is one half childishness, harmless naivety, and one half defense mechanism for the existential anxiety experienced with the knowledge of mortality. One wants to believe they are part of something eternal (or close to it) and meaningful. It can also be used in a third way; to persuade others that u might have some special feature, rank or significance because of some distant ancestor related to u.

Yes dude, I already knew this is what you think. You are still very inexperienced as a psychologist, assuming that you just need to spit out your personal beliefs and people will adopt them.

I think your beliefs are completely illogical unless you dont respect yourself. Its obviously impossible to respect your own existence but not its causes.

I think Freud played a number on you.

“assuming that you just need to spit out your personal beliefs”

No I’m just trolling because I’m waiting on a pizza.

Sure.

im an american. we dont have ancestors.

John Calvin Jones Jr. was a farmer, Methodist minister, who lived in the South (North Georgia) during the Civil War. He was almost hanged for belief in the preservation of the Union; but he escaped. He was second in a heritage of five father to son preachers. He was my great grandfather. I like to think I inherited his values.

Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind is as follows:

Murica Texas Texas America <

…probably, absolutely nothing to do with what you are saying…

:sunglasses:

Nice!

Good for him. Much respect.

Ive talked with a number of Americans who prided themselves on their Irish, Scottish, German, Italian and Cherokee and other Native heritages. I also hear people from the North talk about Norwegian, Swedish and Dutch ancestry.

Its more useful than psychoanalysis in many ways to get to know ones ancestors and ancestral lines, group souls, etc.

Its a Marxist idea that ancestry is unimportant, because it was, is, important to nobility, Marx figured it should be scorned by the proletarians who went on deliberately forgetting their roots. But that’s a big sacrifice to make for some other guys resentful hallucinations.