exploring the "fractured and fragmented" self

Yea, mine says the same thing too.

Asshole.

Hey dude, it’s a free $1000. What’s the problem?

Not everyone. The ones who are “fractured and fragmented” expect, want, need, everything to be black and white.

They also imagine a black and white god.

And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?

Have you ever been back?

And do you accept that the US lost that war?

“And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?”

Oh oh I know! Fractured and fragmented?

K: Prom, have you killed before?
I for one hope, pray in fact that killing another human being does cause
one to be “fractured and fragmented”…if not, then that person is a
true “psychopath”… killing another human being should be hard and gut
wrenching and bring about questions of good and evil…

I am a good person, and yet, I killed… so am I good or am I bad/evil?

if killing is wrong, as suggested in the bible, Thou shall not kill…
and we have laws forbidding the act of killing/murder…
so how would I be able to justify this act of killing/murder?

if that doesn’t cause one to become “fractured and fragmented” what will?

personally, I haven’ killed and I hope to the end of my days, I never have to kill…
because what does it say about me that I have killed?
nothing good I am sure…

Kropotkin

I kill em with kindness, and I’ve killed more people than I can count, keter.

What’s all this bible and praying talk?

Most of you guys are atheists and moral nihilists.

Good and evil are your personal subjective opinions. Right?

So if you think that killing someone in a war is okay, then what is there to be fractured about?

K: I guess I have to spell this one out… good and evil are personal, subjective opinions,
however, if one is drafted and then kill, as IAM has done, I think, it doesn’t matter
what one’s personal subjective opinion is…you are suppose to kill in the name of
the state… and suddenly the act of murder/killing is somehow, never explained
how, but is somehow forgiven…the state is forcing you to act against your own
personal, subjective beliefs… that killing is wrong…

so, who are we listening to? the state and its demands that we obey its
orders including the act of killing/murder or do we hold to our own personal
believes/opinions that murder/killing is wrong…

so what principle do you follow? at the very heart of this concept of
good and evil lies this understanding of murder/killing…
is it wrong to murder/kill or is it acceptable given society has “OK” our actions of
killing/murder? thus leading one to a “fractured and fragmented” soul…

for you are torn between a possible good/rights and a possible wrongs/evil…

when is the act of murder/killing justified? if the state “allows” it?

many forests have died in this discussion of the justification of murder/killing…

Kropotkin

That’s why people dodged the draft or went to jail.

But once you decided to go into the army, you have also decided that killing people is personally preferable to jail or the other alternatives.

Sure, you might change your mind once you are in the thick of it. But then you have other alternatives. Which might not be pleasant but they are there.

However, there are dark sides , and it comes alongside Capital’s shaded disinterest for human life as value.

Trump’s and others’s suspected deferral for minimal or non existent disability for deferral from the then existant draft became primae facea examples of the economic basis of emergent political inequality.
This may have become a formulated unfortunate aspect of civilizational discontent, other than based on those mostly evolutionary principles

I know, I know: Like shooting fish in a really, really small barrel!

And I suspect the closest he has ever come to combat is in dueling with the others here I have reduced down to this.

“The Horror! The Horror!” indeed. :laughing:

At least I don’t pretend I went to Vietnam.

Punk.

Once again you put your foot in your mouth. The sneering, arrogant “fulminating fanatic” spouting shit you know absolutely nothing about.

Let’s start here from the OP on this thread: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

In other words, the reason I don’t have my medals anymore is because I tossed them at a demonstration in Washington. By then I was just another “Vietnam Veteran Against the War”. Just not born on the Fourth of July.

Only, as I suggested to my latest Stooge, Aventador – Curly-Joe – above, why don’t you and I actually explore human identity in regard to things like the Vietnam War. Philosophically say.

Give this a read and note the extent to which your own sense of self is described or not described here.

It seems that he is just asking if you are fractured and fragmented with respect to these questions.

So why do you react in this way? What’s the problem?

On the other hand, maybe I don’t have to.

Of course, I don’t have access to the mountain of hard evidence that you possess proving beyond any doubt whatsoever that I was never there. :laughing:

Also, unlike you, I don’t to come to thread like this and pretend to be a philosopher.

I went over to Vietnam an objectivist. A deeply committed Protestant Christian. I came back a deeply committed Marxist. Yep, another objectivist.

Now, I created this thread in part in order to explore how, over time, given the points raised in this OP above…

…I had evolved existentially into a “fractured and fragmented” moral nihilist.

Now, let’s see where Sculptor [or Shemp] takes this exchange below.

Above I posted this:

So, what does Shemp do? Does he respond to the points I made. On this thread?

No, he takes the same questions and – believe it or not! – posts them this thread: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … &start=175

Wow. No other Stooge before him would have done something so nonsensical.

[size=50]I am really starting to get to him now. You can almost feel him cracking.[/size]

I already did prove it.

You’re just a nerd behind a computer making shit up.

People that went to Vietnam don’t act like you.

You are a joke and a disgrace, not only to the US of A, but to humanity in general.

I bid you good day, you walking joke.

Continue on with your meaningless diatribes.

Of course this is the philosophy board.

And, as I noted elsewhere, if he’s not embarrassed to post shit like this, why should I be embarrassed to insist that he damn well ought to be.