Do we dream less as we get older?

As I have told you before, there’s no point entering a substantive dialogue with you because you dismiss other people’s ideas as contraptions without providing arguments for how you arrived at that conclusion. And that’s just the first of many hostile practices in your style of discourse. These have been pointed out to you ad nauseam by many members here on ILP. You have deflected all that feedback and haven’t changed a bit. So, while you do post some interesting subject matter which I appreciate, I continue to think that dialogue with you would be a waste of time. Your discussion with Maia was interesting for a while until violated her boundaries. Not cool, bro.

And as I have told you just above: unbelievable.

Yet again, you merely iterate much the same accusations regarding me…as though repeating them really makes them true objectively.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, please pin down the point in my exchange with Maia above where I violated her boundaries. Assuming for example that I have the capacity to be her and understand beyond all doubt what those boundaries were.

Also, out of curiosity, do you have anything to contribute in regard to the points I raise pertaining to the existential relationship between sense deprivation [congenital or otherwise], dasein and human identity.

Only this time as felix dakat.

If not then might I suggest that you stick to your “general description spiritual contraptions” on other threads.

Note to critical thinkers(which excludes Bigster) :wink: :laughing: Now that’s comedy provided by an idiot, Biggie(ironic idiot extraordinaire) shooing Felix(another accurate objectivist)out of a thread Biggie isn’t welcome in. =D>

Iambiguous --anyone but an abject narcissist would know that at the point where Maya was asking you not to post on this thread any longer you had violated her boundaries. Furthermore she told you exactly how you did it. And yet you act in your responses as if you don’t comprehend that. You have yourself admitted that your consciousness is fragmented. Perhaps empathy is lost somewhere in a misplaced fragment of you.

Why on earth is this thread now suddenly attracting all the flies? :wink:

Do any of you have anything at all to contribute to an exploration into the complex, often convoluted relationship between sense deprivation, dasein and human identity? Anything at all?

Of, for example, a philosophical nature.

As for Wendy, over and again I have given her ample opportunity to take her own “Coalition of Truth” objectivism out into the world of actual conflicting goods. Nothing. So I conclude then that here she is a chickenshit. But, sure, that can only be but another of my own subjunctive assessments rooted existentially in dasein.

Look, if they can’t even be honest with themselves as to why my posts so disturb them, then noting the OP here…

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296

…is not likely to change much.

But, again, that really isn’t what this thread is meant to explore.

So, I dare them to start a new thread on the philosophy board in which we can explore their own accusations against me. Given a context of their own choosing. And I can assure them I will conduct my end of the exchange with the utmost civility. Providing they do the same.

And above I noted repeatedly why I objected to her request. And what you act like is that only her own assessment of the exchange counts here.

And, yes, my own fractured and fragmented sense of self is embedded precisely in the countless ambiguities that pervade exchanges of this sort. That’s my point by the way. And anytime you wish to explore the nature of empathy given your own [I suspect] considerably less fractured and fragmented understanding of yourself out in the world, let’s go there.

But you won’t. Why? Because all the accusations you already level at me make the attempt futile. Then around and around you go.

“Look, if they can’t even be honest with themselves as to why my posts so disturb them, then noting the OP here…”

There it is iambiguous’s standard accusation that he uses every time after he rejects the reasons people give for not wanting to talk to him. Notice the elevated self-esteem that pathological psychological defense is meant to give to him. It is his superior piercing and probing questions that people just can’t handle because they can’t handle the profound truths that this intellectual genius brings to the discussion. I predicted that this is what he would say only a few posts ago and now here it is. How could I predict it? It’s a persistent recurring pattern with this guy. In psychiatric parlance they call that a personality disorder.

Again, all I can do here is to extrapolate from my past experiences with those that “I” construe to be objectivists. The irony here being that I do not believe that Maia is herself an objectivist. I have far more respect for her own understanding of the life that she lives than for all of the “Coalition of Truth” dittoheads that now pervade ILP.

And to the extent that you honestly believe that my own at times brutally grim assessment of an essentially meaningless and purposeless existence reflects the height of narcissism and self-esteem, well, that merely exposes just how little you grasp the “for all practical purposes” reality of moral nihilism. Of a fractured and fragmented “I” embodied in this:

Though, yeah, given my past experiences with those of your ilk I am still inclined to believe it is that which they are ever intent on distancing themselves from.

If only becasue I have to deal with the brutal consequences [on both sides of the grave] of still thinking like I do myself.

Biggie, himself, has “a condition?” :laughing: Irony cannot get anymore iron.

Like I said, flies.

Why “Joe”?

Well, that’s the last of them. From now on I have to make up the names myself.

More irony with a tinge of serendipity, that’s my middle name without the “e” so kindly leave that off during your rounds of ongoing insults.

That’s the iambiguous mantra of meaninglessness. You keep mumbling that to yourself over and over as you take yet another excursion around whatever circle of your personal hell you’re on.

Hey man, don’t hate me cause I spit the truth.

You fake Vietnam going scum collector.

I still have that $1000 for you.

And leave the girl alone you fat fucking creepy nerd.

*Cue tantrum.

Strangely enough, I almost feel the need to apologize to Maia that dreck of this sort keeps popping up of late on a thread she created.

On the other hand [sigh] better theirs than mine?

What Dreams Are Like When You’re Blind
By Cari Romm
In New York magazine

Again, the truly profound [and, eventually, problematic] manner in which the biological and the experiential can be played out in so many different ways for so many different people. The part where some things seems applicable to all of us and the part where, however hard we attempt to communicate our own dream experiences, there are some barriers beyond which we cannot go. Here we can only come to an agreement about what the dreams seem to be telling us. I merely suggest in turn that we steer clear of those who claim to be experts in interpreting dreams when they have themselves have almost no real understanding of our own situation. You can be blind or sighted and have very similar dreams. Just experienced with a different set of senses. But they can never be experienced and understood in the same way.

So, is that something that you yourself can relate to? And what if a dream construed to be a nightmare by some is experienced by others as being anything but. Still, what I am doing now is prompting myself before I fall asleep to notice sensual cues that are not visual. I’m curious to see if that is something that can actually be enhanced.

Yes, we are way less creepy than you are.

And less cringy too, holy fuck, some of the things you have written this girl.

That actually strikes me as an interesting experiment. I have been interested in hypnagogic phenomena for a while.

Now here’s a quandary. Above you were accusing me of violating Maia’s boundaries by continuing the thread. And yet here you are continuing it yourself.

But that’s how our reactions to these things are to me: inherently problematic.