The Christ and the Power

Cognizant as I am of the dangers of proof texting out of context, in the interest of moving the dialogue along one point at a time, read 2 Corinthians 4:18 which says" we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." and

1 Corinthians 13:12 "for now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. "

Compare that with the Plato who says in Phaedrus “all embodied souls do not easily recall the things of the other world…they may have lost the memory of the holy things they once saw for there is comparatively no light of justice or temperance or any of the higher ideas which are precious to souls in the earthly copies of: they are seen through a glass dimly; and there are a few who going to the images, behold in them the realities, and these only with difficulty”.

_
:-k

Part of the cross awarded to Helena’s mission was taken to Rome (the other remained in Jerusalem) and, according to tradition, a large part of the remains are preserved in the Basilica of the Holy Cross in the Italian capital.2 Apr 2021

The New American Standard Bible is a literal translation from the original texts, well suited to study because of its accurate rendering of the source texts. It follows the style of the King James Version but uses modern English for words that have fallen out of use or changed their meanings.

Jesus is dead.
Powerless, misused, misunderstood, exploited.

The last absurd abuse I saw was a clown in a ten gallon hat praying with the crowd at the Capitol for god to help him and the crowd of 15,000 morons to overthrow their own government. “Doin, Jezuz’ work!”

This is a quote about coming to be judged as what you are after death and going to heaven for an eternity.

This is about universal God substance that can be weakly explored. Mirror and reflections mean a completely different thing in the two instances. Platos other worlds are before, during and afterwards, Christian are strictly after ones death.
I just noticed: Plato uses glass, Paul uses mirror.

Full quote. Platos emphasis is mystical experience.

Passages leading up to your quote.

Full Biblical passage.

Well, you all are showing strong feelings about Arabs, but not much else.

Yes, the Arabs drew from the Sassanids, as from the Hindus, the Romans, the Greeks, the Jews, hell even the Chinese. A people superior to you in every way.

The Ottoman empire is the Mongols lol. The Mongols were not quite as advanced as the Arabs, but considerably more advanced than the goths, and were able to carry on a heavily subdued cultural legacy. Nothing like the Arab splendor, that’s for sure.

Dude, youds…

Ah, whatever.

Surely, though, we are all aware that religion existed before hand and even the likes of Heraclitus dedicate considerable character space to it.

We are, aren’t we?

Full quote.

Of vat?

lol ok buddy, dont forget to add that the Mongol Invasion which happened 400 years after the Caliphate Invasion saved the Franks from it in 800s and the root cause of it all was stopping the Nordic invasions which occurred way before the Mongols even arose and moved West. we have Vikings being beaten by Mongols before Mongols were present in the lands where Vikings were present and then we have Mongols saving Franks by invading their enemies 400 hundred years after Martel died…what the fuck are you even talking about bro. just shut the fuck up and save some face bro.

Who said that shit? Are you stupid?

You must be stupid.

Or maybe just have a nazi agenda.

They tend to look exactly the same.

J.

And what of 2 Corinthians 4:18 that I cited above which says “we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal” ? You don’t see the consistency of that statement with Platonism?

you did you moron, you clearly said the Mongol invasion saved the Franks and the rest of the Central Europe from the Caliphate.

You are stupider than a can of worms.

i could dig back and quote you but i dont really give a shit xd

Do it fuckface, quote me.

Here, you can use my shovel.

In the context of the whole passage, no. How do you interpret the whole passage?

Imagine if, instead of a Pole, you were a Russian-Jewish Dutchman.

This whole nazi shit would be most unseemly.