Philosophy is...

[size=50]
…[/size]

[size=134]The medium of ego

in the audience of consciousness.[/size]

[size=112]My thesis for this thread: I looked to capture the essence of the concept of philosophy in the fewest number of words.[/size]

[size=112]

In keeping with this theme, if you hit this thread and totally agree with my metaphor, you can just move-on. You don’t need to say a thing.

I appreciate all the support in expressing your creativity.[/size]

The medium of ego in an audience of consciousness sounds a little narcissistic to me – what am I missing?

[size=50]…[/size]

[size=130]
No, no narcissistic is correct. You didn’t miss a thing. You hit it right on the button![/size]

Thank you for your support.

The medium of consciousness in the audience of the ego.

The medium of consciousness in the audience of the ego.

[size=160]
LOVE that![/size]

[size=112]Can’t believe I’m typing this but…I, I think I like your take better than my original post.

I love the play on words and the philosophical juxtaposition that you created.

Well done.[/size]

Go figure…

TO PHILOSOPHIZE IS TO LEARN THE ART OF DYING!
Montaigne

Learning to Die.jpg

Why? Because.

Philosophizing.jpg

The conflict between Ego and Truth. Can you Not see the struggle on his face?
To philosophize is to learn the art of dying to Self…inch by inch.

Wasn’t it Whitehead who said that philosophy is a series of footnotes to Plato?

Scheler and Husserl looked for the discovery of images, whereas Sartre insisted on their creation. I have a problem with discovering hidden meanings. I think we have to start from bottom up to see what they mean.

It may dawn on you that there is no self to die to. Thought is trying to get out of an imprisonment, a trap. But the trap is created by thought itself.

Anything you do to free yourself from the self is the self. They are self centered activities.

Philosophy is asking “why?”, but to all phenomena in life.

you will continue to ask why to any answer that is given so that philosophy can continue for another moment and so on and so on.

If one looks at any branch of philosophy, it essentially is asking “why”? Politics, ethics, metaphysics, logic, etc. all attempt to find answers.

The basic questions concerning ourselves are the self. And these questions try to maintain themselves as the self. And, moreover, they do not allow for any complete answer, for the answer would put an end to the questioner. In fact, the same thought process which created the original separation between the thinker and the world would endlessly keep asking further questions about whatever answer is given.

Reality walks;

philosophy stalks,

and describes what it sees.

Philosophy articulates praxis:

it rides the wave ahead of it.

It looks into the common,

[size=50]…[/size]deeply,

and finds its import.

This is science, not philosophy.

Some aspects of philosophy are not reality, but to some extent what reality should be or can be.

[size=112]
That was almost Haiku![/size]

[size=50]
…[/size][size=200]The root of all science is philosophy.[/size]