A Grey Day

:smiley:
Um, yeah! On purpose - thatā€™s right! I did that on purpose!

[size=85][hehe bless your heart for trying, JT!][/size]

[edit: Blurred, sorry, I didnā€™t see the developments in the Christianity thread until it was locked, or I wouldā€™ve chimed in on your behalf. Your frustration was very understandable.]

Anita, I think those pictures are beautiful. Photography is something Iā€™ve always been interested in but never gotten into, never taken any classes, Iā€™ve never edited a photo in my life, I just like snapping pictures, and find that Iā€™m getting slightly better at it these days. I think because I have such a beautiful environment to work in.

P.S. my thread is unlocked :smiley:

Thanks Blurred, Iā€™ve never taken a class either but it is a passion of mine, and Iā€™ve learned a TON from books and online communities and still have plenty to learn.

One of the things I love best about it, Ć  propos to this discussion, is that it has transformed the way I look at the world, mostly physically, but not just physically either. You can find beauty in the most unlikely of places, you just have to be vigilant - itā€™s everywhere. Almost anyone can make a beautiful sunset picture, but seeking out and capturing the artistry in a piece of driftwood or the echos of waves crashing into the shoreline - that takes a different kind of vision.

And Iā€™d much rather train my eye on the real beauty that is right in front of us every day than go through life oblivious, or even impervious, as some are determined to do.

By the way - any news yet?

The blues rule

Show us whatcha got, Inzyde, post up some blues.

hahaha I just started to listen to some cause Iā€™m feeling awful and need something said and done fastā€¦ music can only last so longā€¦
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny5ajCn0xw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVzsAwJXjU8
youtube.com/watch?v=3ajAvDJSGqc
youtube.com/watch?v=z7GP1nV44fE

These other few arenā€™t really blues but you can still get the same feelingā€¦
youtube.com/watch?v=NooRTx9Zvmk
youtube.com/watch?v=I9CG2iE2vxU
youtube.com/watch?v=NRbx5pTGVik

youtube.com/watch?v=DCWUvI7yKtQ
show me whatchua got lmao

Well, all I can say, Inzyde, is youā€™ve got GREAT taste in music. All excellent choices [although Iā€™m not a real big Marley fan], and yay for Mplsā€™s Atmosphere. Wait, AND Louis Jordan?

:sunglasses: Eclectic, baby. :sunglasses:

youtube.com/watch?v=mlfOB9qTCUw
thank you

SO, summer storm today. Iā€™ve been wanting to catch the lake during a storm, was hoping to get some shots of the lightning if I could possibly be fast enough, and I wanted to get the rain bouncing off of the water, so I made my way back down to the lake in the storm to see what I could get.

No lightning shots. Iā€™m not sure how the rest of them turned out, because my camera got wet and is laying on my table drying right now, so I canā€™t view the photos. When I can, if there is anything worth looking at, Iā€™ll post them, but for now ā€“ the end result, a snapshot from my webcam. Lookinā€™ like a drowned rat, totally soaked through.
Snapshot_20100820_5.JPG

Itā€™s official: when you willingly put yourself in harmā€™s way to get the shot, youā€™re a photographer. :smiley:

Hope some of them turn out, and that your camera survives!

(cute pic, too!)

I hope my camera survives as well, and dries out fast. I just got great news!

My cousin Charity is getting married tomorrow, the second wedding of someone very dear to me that I was going to have to miss because I live six hours away and donā€™t have a car. But tonight, my uncle Corey texted me and said heā€™s coming to get me so that I can go to the wedding. Six hours to wait, and Iā€™ll be on my way home to see my gorgeous girl tie the knot!

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Cheater. And a bad one at that, too.

We? We who? The borg collective? Tent, did you wake up one day and decide to elect yourself as The speaker for everyone on this forum?

Hereā€™s my question. Why do some people are attracted to color and brightness while others see grey monotony as beautiful? What does it say about the person?

Donā€™t take it personally.

Huh?

ā€œWeā€ refers to two or more - heā€™s speaking for more than one person in this thread. ā€œEveryone on this forumā€? Paranoia much?

Why are some people unable to see beauty? And why do they get so bitter and disturbed because others can? Are they taking it personally? And what does it say about the person?

Thanks Anitaā€¦ Pandora, my comment was limited to this thread and at that point, there were four members involved. Blurred, Anita, you, and myself. Three of us were making positive comments, one wasnā€™t. Given that Iā€™ve been acquainted with Blurred and Anita for some time, I knew that ā€œweā€ was a safe grouping of like minds. Your habit of pissing in the pond isnā€™t just this thread, but in a number of others as well. Even on the net we establish a reputation. You donā€™t want to lighten up? OK. But the fact I called you out is because I think youā€™re better than the constant put downs. Once in awhile, you slip up and actually say something both positive and interesting. Not often, but once in awhileā€¦ :slight_smile:

You need to stay away from photo editing software. Youā€™re bad at it. (and donā€™t tell me you didnā€™t use it b/c I wonā€™t buy it)

Thank you, tent.

Sorry, I donā€™t speak ebonics.

Where? Where is beauty in brown water? How do you get beauty out of it?

I want to know why grey deserves to be beautiful. What features does it posses that make itā€¦not normal, not ordinary, not boring, not so-so, but BEAUTIFUL. Because if something is beautiful, then it must be so in relation to something else, something that is not as beautiful, but maybe ordinary or unappealing. What makes grey better than say red or yellow?

FUCK!!! I just tried to post some pics and lost the whole mess! !@!#$@#$$%^$#@#@#$$!!!

#-o Sorry to hear that, JT, thatā€™s happened to me before too. Give it another shot though, Iā€™d love to see the pics.

:-s

Youā€™re assuming here that Iā€™ll be defensive about using Photoshop? Youā€™re assuming that Iā€™ll care what you think of my photo editing?

[-X

You assume too much.

ā€œDeservesā€? ā€œBetter thanā€?
Ah, such a simplistic and underdeveloped sense of aesthetics. Youā€™d reduce beauty down to color, and further, you would have the various colors compete against one another. Thatā€™s kid stuff, Pandora. Most of us left that approach behind after kindergarten.

You see, within the spectrum of colors, in all its tints, tones, and shades, all its hues and saturations, colors can complement harmoniously, you donā€™t have to choose only one.

Further, different colors can express or evoke different things - where one works, another may not. Where a soft, subtle gray might be perfect, a brash yellow or red would clash. Read up on color theory sometime, itā€™s fascinating. It might broaden your understanding of art.

As it is, itā€™s become painfully obvious that you are out of your depth here. I appreciate that you came to us with your questions, but with your current attitude, I doubt if any of us has the inclination to teach you.

If you would like to learn about beauty, Iā€™d suggest checking your local community college for an art appreciation class. If youā€™re lucky, they may even start you off with Chagall and Matisse, artists known for their use of vivid, exuberant color, which apparently appeals greatly to you.

Whatever you do, stay away from black and white photography - all the grays, so horrifying! Youā€™re just not ready.

:smiley:

Anita, youā€™re amazing.

:blush:

What can I say, some people just bring out the royal bitch in me. 8-[

:wink: