A new overman in the making

This man comes from a very humble background but has been successful so far in conquering all the hurdles and at the threshold of the last one; the head of the biggest democracy. It is not a small thing to achieve by any means. And, if he becomes the next prime minister of India, he would impact not only India but the whole demography.

with love,
sanjay

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y24a0cyCE[/youtube]

He has elevated one more step.

Elections are going on here in India and according to all opinions polls, his party is going to emerge as the biggest one. The only question remains whether he gets clear majority on his own or not. That will be decide on 16th of the next month, when the results would be out.

Other countries are also getting the sense. Very recently, counselors to almost all major countries, including US gave him a visit. US even replaced its counselor even though her tenure was going to expire merely some months after, just because she was considered as not having good relationship with him.

By the way, he was denied visa by US some years back. And, even yesterday, some fifty odd senators of US came up with some sort of joint letter against him. It would be interesting to see what US would do if he becomes a prime minister.

with love,
sanjay

He is a highly divisive Hindu nationalist, associated with some violent episodes recently in Gujarat.

Good luck with that.

Are you from Gujarat, Sanjay?

You wouldn’t believe all the figures who have been the Person of the Year according to time magazine. Well, actually, you would, if you take into account that by “Person of the Year” they mean somebody who affected their news the most, for the good or for the bad. IIRC Hitler, Stalin and George Bush are included too, so don’t consider being included on the list necessarily a good thing…

I was just coming back to say the same thing. You beat me to it.

Anon, That is not the reality but merely a propaganda promoted by his political opponents. Do not get fooled by the media reports.

Yes, he is a Hindu and a nationlist too, but he is not a Hindu nationalist.
There is a lot of diffetence between the two. That is precisly what most of the people fail to discern, including the westen media.

with love,
sanjay

No.

By origion, my family belongs to the state of Punjab. We are Punjabi Hindus.
But, my father and his all three brothers migrated from Punjab and setteled in the state of Utter Pradesh (U.P) even before my birth. And, we all are living there since then. The name of my city is Jhansi.

Though, my grandfather and grandmother refused to leave their home, till they did not become very old and unable to care themselves on their own. Then, my father and uncles brought then here and they lived with us till their death.

With love,
sanjay

Yes, that may happen in some cases.

with love,
sanjay

I’ll keep an open mind. I had read about him before, before he was cleared in the train attack. Gotta wonder why so many people think he was partially behind it though. Scary.

I only asked because I’ve traveled in Gujarat (and Rajasthan). India is a magnificent country.

No, that is not a reality. The fact of the matter is that is the only incident that happend during his tenure. That is all.

Gujrat, along with some other states, has a long history of riots. There is a long list of the riots even before him taking the charge. But, nobody talkes about that. They talk about the only single riot that happened during his time. That is precisely how propoganga is created.

Propogate what suits but hide what is against.
That is not the job of the media. The duty of the media is to give news, not views.

Though, the reality is just opposite now. Media tends to give more views than news now because that is what gives it power to influence people for and against to anything. Then, this power is sold in the open market for various kinds of rewards and works for the highest bidder.

Thus, no western media will tell you the fact that, forget about riots, there has been not a single incident of even a curfew in the whole of the Gujrat after that particular incident , though the situation is still the same in other states. Riots are still happening. He made sure on the ground that unfortunate incident would not repeat.

So, who is better? That one, who does not care for the media but only real ground work or those, who care media a lot but do nothing to improve the ground reality?

People should be judged by their work on the ground, not created media perception.

There is one very important reason of his unpopularity in the so called progressive Indian and Western media, he does not either pamper or give them interviews. He like to address the general public in public meetings instead. And, that annoys a large section of the media.

But the reality is that he is extreamly popular in the masses because of his works. Like, Gujrat is the only state in the India, where 24/7 electricity is available even in the remote villages. You will be surprized to know that even the national capital of India does not enjoys that status as it has to face elctricity cuts daily.

The same is true in the case of water availability. Both of Rajasthan and Gujrat have a large potions of deserted land. While, he made sure the availability of water in the remote desert areas for irrigation by creating a right and huge infrasture, the status is more or less the same in Rajasthan till now. These are the reasons why he was able to drove his party to the victory in all last three elections in the Gujrat. And, now the same is going to happen at the national level.

He is decisive leader, not a devisive one.

And, also remember that he left his family at the age of 17 when they forced him to marry against his will, and, despite of the fact that he is the head of the richest state of the India since last 13 years, his mother still lives in the room of 8 feet by 8 feet in the same old village. The same is true for his other family. He use to visit his family and mother only once in an year.

He has no personal intersts whatsoever, no wife, no children, no family, no friends. His one and only interest is politics and public life. He is precisely one of those rare type of persons, who are best suitable for the job.

with love,
sanjay

It is true in a sense but wrong also if one consider all parameters.
So, it brings down to what preferences one use to have.

One can live quite peacefully and satisfied in a small town. On the other had, living is Las Vegas does not ensure happiness.
So, the real question is how one defines these things in his life.

with love,
sanjay

Diddly squat is going to change in India-US relations. We will continue to ignore India, as it is a banana republic, and India will continue its decline in the face of the Chinese-Pakistan Alliance.

I follow thetimesofindia.com and indiatoday.com, India is too busy being the mess that is India to do anything. This is conning from someone who has a strong background on Indian philosophy and History, and is very sympathetic towards India.

India does stupid stuff, like drop hundreds of millions of dollars defending a useless glacier (much of India could of had clean water and electricity by now on the absurd funding lost to it) in the west while losing mile after mile after mile to the Chinese in territory each year. India makes massive diplomatic struggles, acting like it’s too the death, against countries whose media doesn’t even take notice…

Honestly, I don’t know of a more hypocritical or backwards nation, except Pakistan of course. You gotta love the English Kashmiri philosophy groups, completely oblivious to the consequences of everything happening around them.

If Modi moves against the US, Chanakya will turn over in his grave. We are at worst a neutral nation, at best a powerful ally. You don’t alienate such nations. That is per Indic statecraft. Anything else is just a tad bit tarded.

I’ve trained with the very best in India’s airborne and special forces, I am not impressed with the discipline of the stick. It won’t do shit to build resolve in the face of a enemy armed with superior weaponry… Which just about every nation around India has.

Indian needs to gets it’s head out of its ass, stop the very common place domestic terrorism, enact common sense education and equipment to control pedestrian traffic so people don’t stampede each other to death over mere rumor, and start building factories capable of selling shit that is remotely worthwhile on a international market. A good start to show the world your serious about trade… put all the Marxists in government in straight jackets, wheel them to a big pit, and kick them down it, yelling ‘This is India’ as they fall. Foreign investment will surge soon after all the pits are full.

Indians do very well here in the US, but don’t appear to have the drive to succeed in India, beyond Nietzschean indifference to the larger good to serve themselves. I wish your countrymen would take a page from your expats, and just not demand handouts from them. They left for a reason. It’s not possible to become a great man via reasonably good ambition and morality in a backwards Banana Republic.

with love,
sanjay

You dont know Chanakya? Really?

Sorry… umm, Chanakya was the most important person in the history of your country, in a sense, he made India.

Are you serious about not knowing him? I have a few translations of his niti and larger work Arthrasastra… he was a contemporary of Aristotle.

Anyway… you dramatically underestimate the US’ capacity to overlook and downright ignore India. I agree, every indicator says we should (I do), but we dont. Same for Indonesia… big ass country, no one pays attention to it.

Well, i am hearing of him from the first time, if that pleases you.

CN, do not manufacture guessess.
Are you claming that you know about Chankya but i do not, just because i did not mention him in my reply?
I have read all that you mentioned, and many commentaries also in original almost 20 years ago, if not more.

I am neither underestimating nor overestmating but just stating the ground realities on which international relations use to rely on.
All establishment in the US have to pay attention to India, whether they like it or not. And, they are doing it right now.

CN, It is not a matter of choice for US, but compulsion. And, the same is applicable to all major countries like Russia, China, Japan, Auatralia and all developed European countries.

with love,
sanjay

No… its clearly delusional and narcissistic on a nationalistic level to assume your country, India, is in a position to compel anyone to notice it… even Myanmar is known for thumbing India, despite the economic and engineering projects that supposedly tie it to India.

I think the British take notice of India. China does. Pakistan does. Americans are aware of its existence… but there is nothing compelling. India is not on the world stage, its on the region stage of south-central asia.

Honestly… there is a boycott of American goods happening in India due to the recent one sided diplomatic tussle India had against the US. Go ask any American on this board if they are aware of it…

No one is. India cant compel anything… not just the US, I mean like, most any country. Hence it gets ignored. But as a consolation, people think highly of your country, even while your neighbors exploit your weaknesses.

And first you act like you dont know who Chanakya is, then you claim to of read him… how am I supposed to know. I only assumed you didnt read him when you didnt know who he was… which is unusual. Anyway… you certainly didnt retain him either way, evidence is your posts.