Book of Revelation/The mystery of 666

If we all draw our own conclusions about everything then why discuss any topic. I could say that 666 is the number that represents the greatest peanut that I will ever eat counting from all of the peanuts that I will ever eat starting right now. When this day comes who shall know!

It seems like you take concepts and just do your own spin on them based on how you are feeling. On one hand, that’s fine, but on the other if we all did it then individuals would be reaching the most bizarre conclusions as a matter of form.

It’s something for you to think about.

M.Zenith

You can say it means a peanut if you like. But then you would be choosing to remain ignorant. The interpreataion Im giving is the reality of the matter.

Ohhh I know plenty of people will be offended that I dare to say I know the truth of the matter. How dare I propose such a thing as to actually know eh.

But I cant do much about that really. They are entitled to their opinion. And must remain blind if they wish.

Nevertheless, It is what sT john meant.

I shall expand on this science , and the symbology of revelations later.

Well, I choose to deny the reality of the 666th peanut and it’s role in my life.

The point was that liquid appears to “make up” a lot of stuff around existing ideas and that is kind of meaningless, except to her.

I must say that I am eager to hear you findings. Why not spend some time putting them down in a nice post?

I dissagree, LiquidAngel strikes me as someone who actually contemplates these things and tries to understand things from a higher mind than that of the many that argue about such petty things while completely disregarding the topics at hand.

And for the record, it is fairly well known and accepted that the book of revelations is more or less a training manual for man/woman to achieve greater spiritual understanding and wisdom. Now I am not going to waste my time trying to find all the sources for that info I learned, so research it yourself or just come here and flame me for not being a recognized name in the world who’s opinion doesn’t matter unless I have a phd.

The biggest thing that’s lacking in this world is tolerance for other people. Try to realize that in our own ways, not only are we in different states of wisdom and understanding, but we are all really looking for the same thing once you strip all the superficial stuff away. It’s hard to find people that can discuss something without reverting to thier own emotional attachments to things. Think about that.

All of that “wisdom” and “higher state” stuff sounds a bit like nonsense to me. It is a way to write off misty thinking. When accused of it, then one can say, “You don’t understand my higher mind,” and feel satisfied.

It’s empty headed self-aggrandizement.

I find it interesting that you are discussing topics in a religious forum, yet do not believe in wisdom or a higher mind. The opposite of wisdom I believe is ignorance. A lot of people are more comfortable there. Liquid was not being 'holier than thou" in the posts but rather offering something that elevates ones thinking a little. I don’t see why that offends you like that.

MZ,

It isn’t about a higher or lower mind, and it’s anything but misty thinking. Your assumptions betray you. At some point, you may find that the words and concepts inside that perfect system of logic fail to explain.

To suggest that anyone is hiding behind a subterfuge of ‘misty’ thinking says more about you than them.

JT

Monseur zenith

It has been Tentative and anonymus that have put you straight!

What an odd assumption of you to make. Tell us what relgion you are. Perhaps we can help you realize the truth of the matter. Then again maybe not.

Its up to you!

sometimes i mistake the word “avocado” with “advocate”

the devil’s guacamole?

-Imp

lol

i love imp :laughing:

Now I’m hungry. :confused:

Now this is what I am saying. Christians must realize that they will not make sense of the bible without using kabalistic knowledge to decipher symbols. Its all very simple.

Christians must do nothing of the sort ID. How arrogant of you to suggest that Christians don’t have the insight to understand the Bible. Any Christian who has the sincerity to walk the true path of Christianity, i.e. to follow in Jesus’ footsteps has within their own heart the capacity to know all things.

As beautiful and profound as the Kabalah is, understanding the essence of the words in the Bible is in fact far more simple than you have suggested. The truth lies within our hearts, language and system are merely affinity. See?

A

It may be hard to hear but its the truth. And bytheway, the Jews said the same thing of christ" how arrogant of this guy to assume we dont understand gods laws".

Not that Im suggesting Im as a good a person as christ, but it is a similiar scenario. It is you who must open your eyes.

In the beginning those who knew the Tao did not try to enlighten others, but kept them in the dark.
Why is it so hard to rule?
Because people are so clever.
Rulers who try to use cleverness cheat the country.
Those who rule without cleverness are a blessing to the land.
These are the two alternatives.
Understanding these is Primal Virtue.
Primal Virtue is deep and far.
It leads all things back toward the great oneness.

• Tao Te Ching, Chapter 65

A

Or how about this:

In Revelations, there is mention of two beasts and a dragon. The dragon is Satan, cast down from heaven into the Earth. The beasts, as you will read, are the spirit of evil, and the physical incarnation of evil.

Revelations 13:1 says “And the dragon stood on the shore of sea.”

If this be metaphorical, perhaps the sea is existence, and the dragon is watching physical manifestations inside the temporal road to see what will become.

Revelations 13:1-4 says “And I saw a beast coming out of the sea […] one of the heads of the beast had a fatal wound, but the wound had been healed […] the whole world was astonished and followed the beast […] men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast.”

This beast I believe to be the spiritual incarnate of evil, much like the Trinity contains therein the Holy Spirit, must not the Beast also have his own? The dragon watched as his spirit once again consumed the peoples of the Earth. The fatal wound given to its head was through Jesus dying on the cross and paying for the sins of man, but the wound was doctored, specifically (I wrote at the time, a couple years ago) by Nietzsche, whose words as Zarathustra aimed for man to “un-learn” all of Jesus’ words. And all of reasoning man is astonished and follows, more or less, a social darwinistic philosophy based on the Superman; and by giving in to this pro-man, they are supporting the Anti-Christ - thus, through a chain of command, they are worshipping the Dragon who has given authority to the beast.

Revelations 13:5 “The Beast was given a mouth […]”

The philosophy of the Dragon was preached.

Revelations 13:11 “Then I saw another beast, coming out of the Earth.”

The symbolism of the second beast coming out of the Earth implies it was created of or by man. It was the Industrial Revolution which sparked in Nietzsche his famous remarks that mankind has no need of God. When man has evolved to the point where he thinks and accomplishes for himself, he needeth no God. It is technology and science which is the second beast, arising from inside mankind through the Dragon’s authority (God did give Satan authority over the Earth in the Bible, no?).

Revelations 13:14, 15 “And [the second beast] performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to Earth in full view of men […] he decieved the inhabitants of the Earth.”

This second beast, technology, the epitome of mankind’s attempt to live without God, even, to be gods, performs miracles before us everyday. We sit in astonishment and awe as man walks on the moon, place a remote-control car on freaking Mars(!), communicate with others across the globe through telephones, televisions, or the one-world-order of knowledge - the internet. Technology sends fire from heaven to Earth and back every second, in full view of all, and we admire and worship it.

And who can stop technology? Who can stop the most intellectual and determined minds of our species when they put their heads together? Who can make war against us?

Revelations 13:4 “[…] men worshipped the Beast and asked 'Who is like the Beast? Who can make war against him?'”

Revelations 13:16, 17 “[The second beast] forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to recieve a mark on his right hand or forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the Beast or the number of his name.”

For our technological world to run the authorities-that-be issue every individual a number upon birth. It has systematically counted and claimed every individual for its own. For as long as you live, dear reader, you will have this number branded upon you. And you cannot buy, sell, trade, cross borders, receive education or apply for work without this number. “It is not tattooed on our foreheads though, and it is not the number of the beast!” I hear you shouting.

But isn’t it? To the individual it is merely an identification code allowing us access to certain rights, but to the powers-that-be they are more recognizable than your face anyday. To the society run by technology, the second beast of the Earth, it has claimed you. Is it not the number of the Beast, whether it be three little round numbers or no?

(Interesting side-note, newly issued Government Identification cards have been (in?)aptly named “The Mark.”)

Revelations 13:18 “This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.”

Using the word “calculate” leads one to assume a mathematical functioning, as if it were an integral part of technology itself, much like 3.14 is an integral part of nature. If you look on a barcode, there are various black bars, alligned vertically. Each various assortment of bars represents a number, usually given below in normal numerical fashion. However, there are three bars which run further than the others: one on the left, one on the right, and one in the center. These three bars are usually two narrow yet long bars with small separations, and they are each a six, accounting for three sixes. Assuming that, mathematically, these are pertinent to the structure of the bar-coding system, it is easy to see that the calculation of the number 666 runs accordingly into the very fabric of technology itself, of which we all rely on.

Pretty interesting, no?

(And by the way, I don’t really believe this; I was just bored one time and decided to look into it while doing an essay on Nietzsche.)

What says you?

Apocalypse 13: 18:

"Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man; and its number is six humdred and sixty-six. (Douay Rheims translation and note)

Footnote:

Six hundred and sixty-six: the most probable interpretation of the number is that it represents the name Caesar Neron, which in Hebrew characters make up the number 666. It symbolises extreme imperfection, for each digit is one short of seven, the number that symbolises perfection.

I think that’s not to say it couldn’t be a latter-day man also…but it seems he would have to have a name in Hebrew. (In Hebrew, Greek, and Latin, numbers were written largely with letters for symbols.)

Irrelevant. These are new times.